• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Arius

Recruit
Feb 6, 2017
Hi all!

I am writing here to vent a little bit because I am kind of disappointed in the way the story works. I feel like I am playing a Bethesda game that misses so many choices and doesn't in any way give you a hint of the consequences your actions have.

I am in the middle of Act II now and the feeling of this gets worse and worse.

What I mean is this:

I decided for the Chorus to lead the attack, because from what I knew it seemed like a sound tactical decision. In no means was I planning on becoming a Chorus henchman and assisting them in their war effort against the Disfavored. I don't mind the two Archons battling it out, but why have I to be a pawn if I just made a decision for an attack.
Disfavored hating me I get, but why am I suddenly Voices' lapdog?

Going after the forge master in Lethian's crossing - why is there no option to free her? Kill her or send her to Nerat. I'd just set her free and send her back to the forge....

so yeah I am reluctant to play right now because now Nerat sends me to another location without me having any say in the matter, I tried going back to Tunon to present my evidence but didn't work, so all I can do is continue to work for Nerat.

Feeling I have at the moment is that this game boils down to a typical Bethesda game - best way to play is to just kill everything in your path.... :(

I am used to more from Obsidian!

regards,

There's always [Break the alliance] option. Strictly speaking, the task is to find the evidence against the Archons, supporting them isn't mandatory. The reason why Tunon sent you to assist the Chorus is them being more open and less cautious to you, than the Legion.
So, if you're certain that you've gathered enough evidence and determined the Archon guilty in causing the civil war, I'd suggest to break the alliance and see what happens.

The specific choice here is very weird.

When you are faced to free forge master, on Chorus path, the break alliance option is only possible by killing the forge master.

Last edited:
Yes, in Lethian's Crossing quest line it's the only available opportunity (with the same choice on the Disfavored path).

If I'm not mistaken, the next area is the Blade Grave (I went there first, when tried to ally with the Chorus) and the second character you meet allows to switch to another path. Not sure about Vellum Citadel and the Stone Sea.

The other time when you can free forge master in Chorus path is to the betray alliance right after bane helmet is stolen. In that case you switch to anarchy path earlier and at the end you can do whatever you want with forge master.

This makes whole situation much more weird. If anarchy quest for bane helmet has option to spare forge master, then why betraying the Chorus at the final choice in the quest should not have same option? In both cases you would end in anarchy path and forge master alive.

Additional weird thing here is that betraying Chorus alliance by killing forge master makes Chorus leave Lethian crossing. Why would they do that? I was expecting getting fight in this case.