Dirty colonists do not use newly built outhouses

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bob_faker

Recruit
Nov 14, 2020
Hello,

I digged through the forum today but could not yet find an answer to my issue. So here is it:
I have several dirty colonists. This was due to the fact, that I had only few outhouses (Built some in the beginning in the game but when my colony grew, did not built more on time).
To solve it, I built eight new outhouses and two additional saunas. The issue I have now is, that the colonists still only use the "old" outhouses - they are only decontaminating the new ones but never use them. Same with my new saunas: They even do not ship goods to them (ok I read somewhere, that this seems to be a balancing issue).

Any ideas why colonists do not use the newly built outhouses? There have been several days past since I built them - but they are still preferring to share the old ones and if they are already occupied, they keep running around between them and prefer to stay dirty for a long time.

I also have the feeling that even I have at least 30 carriers, nothing is really moving because of people just try to get to one of the old outhouses before starting to work again.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks and Regards

Bob

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes I agree there is a pathfinding issue, with the colonists not using NEW buildings, like outhouses, saunas, and even storage buildings. It appears once a colonist is using a building, they will not use another one unless forced to. I had a problem where I had 2 cook houses with a general storage between them set to only food and firewood. Worked great. As my community grew, I built a mess hall over in a new area, with the new housing, another general storage, and was cranking out mixed meals from the mess haul... all the colonist continued to go to the older general storage for their food, where there was raw food and an occasional meal... they were complaining about lack of nurtition. I had over 300 mixed meals setting in the new general storage. I had to set the first general storage to not include food, to force the pathfinding to reset and find the mixed meals that were setting in the other storage. Then they started walking to the newer storage and being satisfied.

I have also destroyed old outhouses, to force the pathfinding to reset. Not what I want to have to do, but is a work around for the current problem. I hope the developers can look into and fix why newer buildings are not used, and only the older buildings get used.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi TLHeart,

I have also destroyed old outhouses, to force the pathfinding to reset. Not what I want to have to do, but is a work around for the current problem. I hope the developers can look into and fix why newer buildings are not used, and only the older buildings get used.

Thanks for that hint with the destruction. That partly also worked for me. Nevertheless, it would be nice, if this issue can be fixed!

Thanks and Regards

Bob

If the pathfinding turns out to be tough to fix, using RNG might help. Of course, it is random, so you might be surprised by what you get.

Reminds me of when the odd Colonist walked on water. They still do that from time to time, but its much less often.