Direct Download of Stellaris on Paradox Store FAQ

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There's a couple of debug logs you can submit (they can inform you once you contact them), depending on how much time you want to spend, and you can also give them a more detailed account of what you do leading up to the problem.

I login to the Launcher and click Install on the Stellaris product page :p

I'll contact CS and see what they have to say on the subject.

EDIT: The Launcher needs a better progress bar, currently looks like it is just stuck on Downloading dependencies (3/7).

And Errors need to be more descriptive then 'An Error occurred'.

EDIT2: New error, progress atleast, contacting CS again.

Last edited:
Ah, there is a bug whereby if you don't click "Remember me", you might encounter problems indeed. :-/ We're aware and will strive to fix it.

Okay, I gave it a new try. Same as before. The launcher don't start the download process. Error message appears "Could not download installation metadata".

So I pressed the support button in the launcher. This brings me to "https://support.paradoxplaza.com/hc/en-us". The site is not logged in although the launcher is. So I try to log in manually. Error message: "Email address / password combination is incorrect, try again or get a new password". With same email and password I am now logged in the forums. And logged in the launcher. So it is not possible to me to create a support ticket.

This is very ridiculous and annoying. :(

Sorry, I have to wait for new Paradox games without any steam or launcher crap :( :(

Last edited:
The support site doesn't use the Paradox Account details, this is why it's not working for you. If you don't have a support site account you should still be able to submit a help request without signing in. We are working on integrating them so you are automatically signed into the help desk if you are signed in to your Paradox account but I can't say for sure when this will be sorted.

This does smell of the old MP system and the Gamersgate storefront :p

Hopefully things work out better this time, also doubt they will pull out of the Steamstore, no need to do that aslong as every version of the game is the same.

on my steam version i have the original sound track but on the launcher it's stating i dont own it, id rather not have to re buy it :p. Also its failing to install the arachnoid portrait pack

Hello !

I can not find informations about Paradox's DRM policy. Do games downloaded from the Paradox store contain DRMs?
Also, will the future GNU/Linux version of Paradox Launcher act like a DRM?

I have a suggestion about the Paradox store. The game description pages have an inaccurate "language" section. It is not known whether they are voices (audio) or texts.
For example, Tyranny and Stellaris contain voices (audio) only in the English language. However, their description pages indicate various languages available including English, without distinction. Is not it misleading?

Paradox still has the checksum style DRM in their games, regardless of distribution method. If the exe/gamestate is altered you can't play MP with someone with an unaltered exe/gamestate.

Other then that I don't think PDX is implementing any new DRM, nor should they. Most PDS games already run like shit, adding 'real' DRM would only make things worst.

Hi Pdx,
since you're investing money in this thing I would like to give my crude honest personal feedback.

I don't like launchers. Their sole purpose is to separate me from my game with an additional click.

Settings, mods, friends and everything that belongs to the game should be in the game. And it's not like I'm going to change them that often that I need to be reminded about them every time I want to play.

News, forum posts, discussions and such are interesting and I'm an avid consumer of these forums. But really: when I want to play EU4 I just want to play EU4. I don't need a news feed or join discussion link. Not at the expense of an additional click to get my game at least. And you know it. That's why you have the continue from last save button there. It's a workaround to a disruption you deliberately created. Why not use this chance to get rid of the disruption all together?

I welcome your company wide infrastructure efforts. The cross system multiplayer infrastructure above all.
Also the "friends" things, the save cloud infrastructure, mod portal and distribution center... your own steam client that is. Even though I know I will continue to use Steam because it works and probably will always work better (they do this as their main job after all, so they are pros) I appreciate you work to bring these features to players that don't want to use Steam. Everybody has his own tastes and as a big software house should do you work to support everyone.

Just don't make things that more or less work worse than they are now. Game specific launchers are bad enough. And now you work on a glorified one? And don't event try to make a pdx version of uPlay or Origin in the way when trying to play a game. Those DRM made me abandon those companies. Forever (yes: never spent a single cent of their stuff ever since). Usability wide my PDX games work fine as they are and the only problem I have with them is that when I start them I need to go through a launcher. It is M$ usability school: "Do your really want play this game?" -> "OK","Cancel". "You know what? If I didn't want to play this game I wouldn't had click on its icon in the first place!" This kind of stuff should have disappeared in the nineties.

Think about it. I'm of the idea that the best service for your customers is to get rid of launchers... Or at the very least make them optional.

What about other Paradox games like hearts of Iron 4 and Cities: Skylines, Will be able to get those games in it if I got it on Steam at some point in the future, or is it just going to be new games that come out in the future?

I'm still waiting to try this was hoping to see if there were any bugs or hickups to it yet. I guess it's working well?

Question about the new DLC: If I prepurchase the Synthetic Dawn DLC, does that also count as a Steam purchase? I bought the rest of the game through Steam or Steam keys. I know it will be compatible but I'd like it if Steam also considered it a Steam purchase.

Question about the new DLC: If I prepurchase the Synthetic Dawn DLC, does that also count as a Steam purchase? I bought the rest of the game through Steam or Steam keys. I know it will be compatible but I'd like it if Steam also considered it a Steam purchase.

Good question, I'd like to know this aswell.

Good question, I'd like to know this aswell.
I believe that pre-purchasing it just means that you will receive a steam key on release.