Direct Download of Stellaris on Paradox Store FAQ

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So does this mean that Stellaris is now "Forked"? I use a variety of mods from Steam Workshop, and I really, ***really*** don't want to go back to manually installing - nor do I have any interest in MP. But if Steam-version development now ceases at 1.6.2... or perhaps worse, if the code is now going to be split, there'll be problems for me and many others.

The Steam and Paradox Launcher versions would have to be 1:1 as far as version number beyond 1.7.x. (1.7.x is currently a beta on Steam)

Otherwise they've really shit the bed and are just remaking the hellscape that was pre-steam PDS games.

I don't get this. What is the point of having two versions of the game? I still remember when Paradox pulled out of having two versions of CK2. Back then they wrote essays on why there should be only one and now they are going back to having two versions?

thanks, this worked fine now.
But I got the next problem, the launcher won't find my games :(

The launcher, for the moment, should only find Stellaris, if you either bought it on paradoxplaza.com, or if you've bought it on Steam and have connected your Paradox account to your Steam account. I can't say when or if we'll be moving other games, although I expect it will happen for at least a few of them some time in the foreseeable future. Stay tuned!

Figured out why the Launcher wouldn't work. RivaTuner apparently doesn't play nice with .Net applications, so Bootstrapper.exe had to be added to it and detection level set to none.

Now, the Launcher finds Stellaris, but claims I don't own it when I try to install.

The launcher, for the moment, should only find Stellaris, if you either bought it on paradoxplaza.com, or if you've bought it on Steam and have connected your Paradox account to your Steam account. I can't say when or if we'll be moving other games, although I expect it will happen for at least a few of them some time in the foreseeable future. Stay tuned!

Are the Stellaris DLCs supported? Stellaris installed and patched properly for me but the DLCs keeps saying "could not download installation".

it's a hard job to get your games online. :D

the launcher got the next probem. Maybe you can help me again.

Attachments

• Zwischenablage01.jpg
    Zwischenablage01.jpg
    170,2 KB · Views: 60
It is, yes :)

I can't see an obvious reason for that. If the launcher is requesting elevation (ie, admin access) to install the game, I recommend you try running the launcher with admin access from the beginning (by right clicking on the shortcut and selecting "Run as an administrator" or something similar), as there could be some problem with how the launcher gets admin access.

(we're hoping to fix any issues in the future :) )

Last edited:
Launcher still claims I don't own Stellaris, I've looked over the account settings and everything seems in order on the account end.

There's a couple of debug logs you can submit (they can inform you once you contact them), depending on how much time you want to spend, and you can also give them a more detailed account of what you do leading up to the problem.