Dire Straits! Bring back the Sumatra - Java strait + Add more straits

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

halfpastnein

Private
26 Badges
Aug 25, 2016
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
the width of the Sunda Strait is 24 km and the average depth is 20 m. it is, for some reason, not a crossable strait. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunda_Strait
the strait between Goldingen (#39) and Osel (#35) has a distance of about ~60 km. it is a crossable strait.
the distance between ibiza(#4560) and baleares(#333) is over a 100 km. it is a crossable strait.

and then there is the kurlis... connected to hokkaido but not to kamchatka. why? kamchatka is much closer than Hokkaido.

someone explain to me please why the Sunda Strait is not a crossable strait. looking at the available ingame straits, it seem ridiculous to me the Sunda Strait was removed.

there are many more such examples of sorry and missing straits. this post welcomes any additional Strait suggestions (that aren't calais - kent)

This post idea started when I was playing Malacca > Malaya and became HEAVILY bothered by the missing strait between Sumatra - Java. Shortly after I saw this suggestion by Lukas the Great.

• 2Like
Reactions: