• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Having a loose cannon in the game, ie somebody who does not do any diplomacy, is quite acceptable. We have one such player in England already. HOWEVER, to introduce a new loose cannon to a country that is supposed to be in civil disorder, without *any* time for the players to react, is a MAJOR NO-NO.

I stand firmly with TheExecurer here. The game has to be rolled back so that players have time to react and negotiate. The game is called "Diplomacy" for a reason, it is a game of negotiations. Not allowing time for negotiations when something this major happens is simply against the spirit of the game in all possible ways.

Agreed that the handling of italy's moves is a rather bad. Moving without allowing time for negotiation, or even an anouncement that italy was going to make any moves at all, makes it rather impossible to plan moves.

That said, rolling the turn back isn't exactly great either. We'd then be playing the last turn, but with knowledge of peoples intentions(well, except for italy's anyway). Germany's move into the baltic was reliant on me not realizing(perhaps naively :p) he was about to stab me. My move in rumania was also reliant on austria not knowing we were going for this particular move out of the options we had. A roll back has the potential of being game breaking in its own way, since these intentions should not be known during the turn.

Not sure what IS a good solution though. Between those two options a rollback of the turn is probably the lesser evil, but neither is exactly ideal...

Though perhaps we also need a solution to italy and now also austria not having players before continuing the game, that would be rather gamebreaking in and of itself regardless of how this spring's moves are handled.

Agreed that the handling of italy's moves is a rather bad. Moving without allowing time for negotiation, or even an anouncement that italy was going to make any moves at all, makes it rather impossible to plan moves.

That said, rolling the turn back isn't exactly great either. We'd then be playing the last turn, but with knowledge of peoples intentions(well, except for italy's anyway). Germany's move into the baltic was reliant on me not realizing(perhaps naively :p) he was about to stab me. My move in rumania was also reliant on austria not knowing we were going for this particular move out of the options we had. A roll back has the potential of being game breaking in its own way, since these intentions should not be known during the turn.

Not sure what IS a good solution though. Between those two options a rollback of the turn is probably the lesser evil, but neither is exactly ideal...

Though perhaps we also need a solution to italy and now also austria not having players before continuing the game, that would be rather gamebreaking in and of itself regardless of how this spring's moves are handled.
What if we were to do a partial rollback, just having Italy's units hold for a turn, and everything else remains the same? I also was thinking the things you mentioned would be problem.

Well, we didn't get far (five turns), we've lost two players (Italy and Austria) and we have one player (England) who seemingly hasn't been that interested at all in the game since the beginning. So maybe a full restart would be in order?

While I would be a little annoyed because I rather like how this game is going, a full reboot would probably be for the best fr everyone especially if it means we get Executioner back. Our pool of players to pick from is fairly limited.

As the forum ate all the posts from yesterday evening, was something posted here that got lost?

Yeah I apologize, I won't be able to call a restart. I got a new job offer over the weekend, which means I won't actually have time to completely restart. Thank you guys for playing, but this game is going to have to end early I think.

Reactions:
The clear winner is obviously Britain, duh. ;)