• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dinglehoff

Lt. General
3 Badges
Mar 9, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • 500k Club
I can't join the Allies as the US at 0% probability, and in a previous game I couldn't get finland to join Axis.

What is causing this problem and how can I correct it? Is there a resource that would explain the diplomacy AI I can look at?

Im 99% sure you cant join the allies before France falls. I could be wrong though.

Im 99% sure you cant join the allies before France falls. I could be wrong though.
Thanks, but France has been gone for a long time.
It's 1942 and I'm at war with Japan. Phillipines still hasn't fallen but China was defeated by AI Japan. I wouldn't have expected that to matter though. The European war is still going on and the UK gives me mil access but won't let me join, even if I declare separately on Germany.

That's... not possible. Even after PH you can join UK alliance. Did you make any prior alliances before the UK?

Did you try the F12 cheat "acceptall"? I haven't played as the U.S. in years so I don't recall if it automatically joins the Allies by event, decision, or when Germany DOWs after Pearl Harbor. Also, maybe your isolationism is too high. That's all I have.

Edit: Actually, now that I think of it, it's too late to use the accept cheat. I'm pretty sure you can't join an alliance when you're already at war except by event/decision. Even if you're at war against the same nations.

Last edited:
Did you try the F12 cheat "acceptall"? I haven't played as the U.S. in years so I don't recall if it automatically joins the Allies by event, decision, or when Germany DOWs after Pearl Harbor. Also, maybe your isolationism is too high. That's all I have.

Edit: Actually, now that I think of it, it's too late to use the accept cheat. I'm pretty sure you can't join an alliance when you're already at war except by event/decision. Even if you're at war against the same nations.
I did not try the cheat.
At the time I was trying to experience the game without resorting to cheating to force it, and doing a more or less historical 90 division US run.