• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Elribo

Recruit
34 Badges
Jul 1, 2020
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
The menu that pops up on the left hand side for diplomacy is too small on my new laptop. Specifically diplomatic actions and countries that will join a war only provide a small section and I have to scroll to see what I need. It's a small issue but incredibly annoying.

So far I've tried every resolution available, multiple mods, and turning off the full screen adjustment for NVIDA and nothing changes the core issue.

Is there anything else that can be done to resize/ fix the menu?
236850_20200928021923_1.png

It looks to me you are running the game at a low resolution, and the larger UI cannot fit on the screen. What happens if you try a resolution with a larger vertical size?

It looks to me you are running the game at a low resolution, and the larger UI cannot fit on the screen. What happens if you try a resolution with a larger vertical size?

What do you mean exactly by resolution, like the 3600 x 782 or whatever the specific numbers? If that's the case, i've fiddled with every single possibility and none of them change anything.

Last edited:
Sorry, you are saying changing the resolution does not change the game? Something is badly wrong, if so.

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/EU4/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox/EU4/logs/ folder, attach system.log .

Sorry, you are saying changing the resolution does not change the game? Something is badly wrong, if so.

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

It changes the game. It does not change the relative menu size.

Attached what you asked for.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    117,8 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    258 bytes · Views: 0
  • settings.txt
    2,1 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    3,6 KB · Views: 0
The declare war window looks normal for your screen height of 768 pixel. If I read the game files correctly, there are only three possible sizes for that window. The one you see is for screens which are up to 867 pixel high. It has some space at the bottom, because it also has to work for the minimum supported resolution of 1280x720.
There is another size for resolutions which are between 868 and 1047 pixels high and the biggest size is used for screen resolutions which have a height above 1047 pixels.
Unfortunately it looks like your screen doesn't support a higher resolution than 1366 x 768. But maybe I read the dxdiag output wrong and you could set the game to a resolution which is more than 867 pixels high. That would help.
The size of the windows in the game can be modified with mods, but I don't know any existing mods that would help with your resolution(the mods I know are for 1920x1080 and above).

Disclaimer: I'm not working for Paradox. I'm just trying to help people.

The declare war window looks normal for your screen height of 768 pixel. If I read the game files correctly, there are only three possible sizes for that window. The one you see is for screens which are up to 867 pixel high. It has some space at the bottom, because it also has to work for the minimum supported resolution of 1280x720.
There is another size for resolutions which are between 868 and 1047 pixels high and the biggest size is used for screen resolutions which have a height above 1047 pixels.
Unfortunately it looks like your screen doesn't support a higher resolution than 1366 x 768. But maybe I read the dxdiag output wrong and you could set the game to a resolution which is more than 867 pixels high. That would help.
The size of the windows in the game can be modified with mods, but I don't know any existing mods that would help with your resolution(the mods I know are for 1920x1080 and above).

Disclaimer: I'm not working for Paradox. I'm just trying to help people.

Yea I tried all the mods. Nothing affects it.

He is right, you are already at the maximum vertical size your hardware can do for this game, so that window has to be that big on the screen.

But you could try playing with the experimental game_ui_scale setting in the game's Options-Video menu, try reducing it a tad.

He is right, you are already at the maximum vertical size your hardware can do for this game, so that window has to be that big on the screen.

But you could try playing with the experimental game_ui_scale setting in the game's Options-Video menu, try reducing it a tad.

The only options there are 1.0 and 0.9 and they appear exactly the same.

You are saying the GUI scaling feature doesn't change anything? Basically does not work for you at all? That's pretty bizarre , if so ... in any case I don't have anything else to suggest except plugging in a monitor that can show a higher resolution.

You are saying the GUI scaling feature doesn't change anything? Basically does not work for you at all? That's pretty bizarre , if so ... in any case I don't have anything else to suggest except plugging in a monitor that can show a higher resolution.

It absolutely doesn't change the menu size in any way. And that's really that only thing I was paying attention to.