• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
To the Great Warrior King of Poland, Bolgar, Rus and Lithuania.

It is by great pleasure you have united all of Russia udner your cape but I want to ask why you have two vassals in Transoxania(sp)? And I would like to buy those provinces from you.

The King of Georgia signs off.

To His Majesty, the Mighty Holy Roman Emperor.

We the King of England noted that during what seemed to develop into a 'Scramble for Iberia', Your Highness entered a state of war with the infidels of Sevilla, which seemed to remain even after the Balkan states made peace with the infidels. We are curious as to what the intentions of His Imperial Majesty are in this war.

To the King of England

What is your concern? That the most Holy Realm of Germany claims all of Iberia for christianity? Besides, the heathen lords of Iberia don't understand the word of peace, but only the wieght of the sword! When they offer me peace, I will take it. There is a crusade after all...and we must spread the light of Jesus to the darkend realms of the heathens.

Heinrich von Franken, the most Holy King of Germany and Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire.

To the Holy Roman Emperor.

We have no doubt that His Majesty's intentions are noble and pure, when he takes up the holy cause of crusade against the heathens. We have no fear of His Highness claiming all of Andalusia for Christendom; rather we fear that the Holy Roman Emperor consider claiming all of Andalusia for himself.

Proclamation of the King of Norway

This proclomation is to be considered the very words and mind from the Mighty King of Norway, Olaf Haraldsson Yngling. These words are for all realms to know and be warned.

Hereby and hence forth from the year of our lord, 1100 January 24th these actions shall be set forth.

1. Norway recognizes all Scandinavia to belong to only its natural inhabitants. The Danish, Swedes, and the Norweigans.

2. Any foreign invader that tresspasses into or claims any lands of Scandinavia declares themselves an enemy of Norway from that day on.

3. Once a King does this action he can only become on good terms with Norway once again if he pulls his armies and rulership from out of Scandinavia

4. Last but not least the king knows each ruler is to his own and chooses any action he wishes though this is to be a warning, to take Scandinavia or any part of it will be the end of him and his family not being spared. For the peoples of Norway will stop at nothing to expel any foreign rulership.

Signed,
Olaf Haraldsson Yngling

Last edited:
The Duke of Pronsk, Ryazan, Moldau, Smolensk, Moskva and Volga finds this proclamation from Norway as acceptable although not necesary at all since no European nation has attacked the scandinavian countries or has stated intentions of it.
In other issues, the situation in the russian borders is growing tense, an ending to this must be found.
I propose that a final border is to be established between the duchies.
So far the only claim i have over Novgorod is that the lands that belong to the Duchy of Smolensk be given to my Duchy.
In exchange i offer monetary help and to give up the lands of the Duchy of Suzdal and also to stop my expansion further more north, leaving the last free duchies to Kiev's disposal. (Vladimir is the only duchy that does not apply to this treaty)
I hope the King of Poland can bless this idea or propose one that can be best for both of the russian duchies.

signed
Gleb Rurikovich

Last edited:
To Wszebor Piast, King of Poland

We have recently discussed the imbalances in the European order of things and have determined that the balance of power that we have all worked so hard to maintain has been upset horribly wrong. We have agreed that it has all begun with Poland, Poland in its adventures of aggrandizement began a series of ruthless and illegal expenditures of power against its Russian neighbors beginning this process and ending with the forced vassalization of the major Russian and other Slavic realms under Polish hegemony. However when we state it ended there we only mean it ended in Russia for if truth be told the King of Poland was not satisfied with his conquests in the east and had to turn around to continue the conquests of even more Slavic peoples! When will this hatred end? He stole the Hungarian throne from its rightful rulers in a war of such terrible ferocity that its collapse was guaranteed within two all too short weeks!

But in his limitless greed, even the poor peace loving peoples of Bohemia were conquered by the Polish warmongering King! This cannot be allowed to stand!

Thereby We; the Kingdom of France, the Kingdom of Léon, the Kingdom of England, the Kingdom of Norway, the Empire of Byzantium, the Kingdom of Naples and finally the Hungarian and Bohemian Majesties in Exile hereby issue this Ultimatum:

1- That Poland Hereby releases Hungary as an Independent Kingdom not under the rule of a Piast and is uninheritable by Poland and possesses several heirs that are not related to a Piast or to a polish vassal.

2- It is also demanded on the behalf of our Russian friends that the Principalities under the lordship of Yurii Rurikovich be released from servitude as the rightful King of Rus and that ALL of its accompanying Prince, duke, and count titles are also granted to him prior to the release of Rus as an independent Kingdom.

3- Also, it is demanded that the Principality of Pronsk under Bahadir Rurikovich is also given full independence as the rightful and legitimate King of Bolgar and recognize his rightful and legitimate claim as the King of Cuman. Hence, as with the above demand it is also added that Pronsk be given all the accompanying Duchies, Princes titles, and Counties and count titles accompanying it.

4- Finally Poland is to agree to not undertake any military action within the lands of Rus of Cuman/Bolgar in the next 25 years.

These demands are made with the spirit of aiding our fellow human beings and preventing the eclipsing of Russian civilization by Polish hegemony, to ensure that the principles to maintain the balance of power between European brothers so that we may stand strong against the infidel hordes invading us. Without the maintenance of a common unified front against our enemies and by having a single block of aligned powers capable of overwhelming the rest if given the time to consolidate is well beyond what is tolerable by the rest of the free Christian Europe and so forthwith it is high time that this situation is altered for the benefit of keeping a community of equal partners in the struggle to preserve Christendom from encroachment by the heathens. We do not wish Poland crippled and do not give any more ill will then what is necessary to preserve the peace, but the situation is impossible to tolerate any longer but hearken now brother King of Poland! Realize that we recognize Poland as the legitimate King of Poland, of Lithuania, and maybe even Bohemia but Hungary and Rus is above and beyond what we will allow to be placed in Polish hands; Bohemia is the straw that broke the camels back. You have until Sunday June 3rd this week to reply. If you will not listen to reason, you will listen to the thunder of arms.

signed,
The Honourable Louis Capet, King of France
The Honourable Ramiro Jimenez, King of Léon
The Honourable Jordan de Hauteville, King of Naples
The Honourable Azur Håkonsson Yngling, King of Norway
The Honourable Bartholomaios Diogenes, Emperor of Byzantium
The Honourable William II de Normandie, King of England

I, too, am a bit disturbed by the recent happenings by the Piasts. The bloodline of Piast has some legitimate claim to the crown of Rus, but Hungery and Bohemia, there is no such bloodline. I would advise the good catholic king of Poland-Rus, to reconsider. There is a thing to much power in the world. Be that you are catholic and want to establish a catholic realm big enough to rival the power of the Holy Roman Empire, but still.

Reconsider friend and trustee, let us avoid further animosity and loss of catholic blood.

To those who would stand against the Polish-Russian Empire:

I have long wished to release the lands of my realm to those who are worthy, but I as of yet have had no opportunity to do so, nor worthy heirs of any bloodline to inherit the lands of Hungary and Bohemia. I wish to release these realms, but I shall make one thing absolutely clear: Never shall the Empire of Poland give in to demands of foreign nations such as yourselves. I shall not be forced into granting reign over Hungary and Bohemia to another man, I shall do so out of my own free will. Should you wish to contest my decision, do so with the blade, not the pen. But know full well, there shall be no easy fight with the Polish Empire. The blood shall run throughout Europe and not a single man's soul will be clean of the massacres. If you face this reckoning willingly, so be it, but I present to you the fact that I have no wish to retain rule over these realms for long. Make your decision carefully and wisely, lest your descendants suffer the consequences.

As for your demand of the Russian princes receiving lands, I ask you, why have they not signed this declaration of war? Have you not consulted with them? Who is to say they stand against their fair, just liege who has never charged them one ducat of scutage nor asked them against their will for their legions? Neither your realms nor mine can speak for them, so let them have their say in their own fate. Also, if the Hungarian and Bohemian "majesties" are in agreement with this, why do they not demand the independence of Bohemia nor the restoration of the same line to the Hungarian throne. I find this claim and therefore your entire justification ridiculous because of this. I shall not comply with the ultimatums of liars and deceivers.

I say once more, if you wish to completely destroy the Polish-Russian Empire, you shall have to face me at the gates of Krakow, and your countrymen shall be required to make the ultimate sacrifice time and time again, as shall mine. I shall fight to the last to preserve Poland's right to independence. I shall not continue my dominance in the lands of Hungary and Bohemia, but I shall relinquish said rule not because of your decrees, but of my own free will. Come and fight me if you will, but be prepared to face your greatest enemy yet, for the lion of the north is only wounded, not slain. Yes, I shall listen to the thunder of arms, but I shall do so with a smile on my aged face and a lance at my side. I await your troops upon my nation's innocent shores. May they come and make battle, that Poland shall emerge triumphant once more!

-In Defiance,

Wszebor Piast, Polish-Russian Emperor, Bulwark of Christendom King of Lithuania and the Baltics, King of Cuman and the Asian Steppes, King of the Hungarian Plains and the Bohemian Mountain Ranges, Protector of All Slavs, Vicar of Christ, Guardian of the Pripet Marshes, Watchman on the Walls of Presburg, Prague, Krakow, Kiev, Tmutarakan, and Wilno

Last edited:
To the self styled Emperor of the Ruso-Polish Hegemony, we the Principalities of Kyiv and Pronsk hereby issue the following joint statement, that we both agree on these common principles... the creation our respective russian states. That we denounce Polish Hegemony on Russian lands, that we absolutely reject any wish by Poland to remain his vassals because we have ample proof of his lies before and that he will do whatever is nessessary to maintain his Empire on the price of Russian blood. It is the nature of empires that grow too quickly to collapse just as quickly and now dear deluded King of Poland prepare to face your doom at the hands of prohecy! I predicted that all nations in the world would raise their swords to bring you down and I also prohesized your nations downfall and ultimate destruction at the hands of a Unified Russian army, will you through your stubburness see this one true as well?

As such the Principalities of Kyiv and Pronsk declare our Independance from Polish oppression and hereby we both state that there now exists between our nations a state of war until our demands our met and these demands is that all Russian lands be returned to Russian ownership! That the Principalities of Yaroslavl ((needs to be created by Poland first)), Rostov, and Tver be given to Kyiv as well as the counties of Kyiv, Pereyaslavl Zalessky and Galich are all to be handed over to the rightful Prince Yurii Rurikovich and then the Kingdom of Bolgar is to be granted to Prince Bahadir Rurikovich of Pronsk and fianlly the King title of Rus to Yuri Rurikovich!

And finally Yurii and Bahadir Rurikovich announce our signing of the Documentation of the Ultimatem to legtimize our presence as equal partners in this matter.

We will not stop until Russian troops march victoriously down the streets of Krakow inorder to see these demands through.

What a laugh I'm having now, you foolish little ingrate. For one, you cannot claim that the Russian principalities are rising up against me. One Turkish principality and one Russian principality are doing so. I will never lay myself prostrate to such traitorous, ungracious fools such as yourselves. Come and fight me, and see what will come of it. If you truly want to see bloodshed, then come and fight, and witness the destruction of your puny little principality!

((I beat Poland single handedly in Singleplayer ;) also y'know the whole worlds 200,000 manpower vs polands 45,000 effective manpower isnt exactly a challenge the goal is simply to focus overwhemling strength in the right positions))

And so we will mighty Poland so we will. And cosnidering how all the russian principalities are either owned by Pronsk or Kyiv I think it is fair to say that all of Russia is rising against you.

From the court of Bahadir, the turk, Rurikovich

My former liege, expect your nation to crumble just by the sound of the combined turkish/cuman/russian army, when Krakow is taken, your people will be told of your words and how you could have stopped the bloodshed, a rebellion will raise and your line will pass to history, and the new Kings of Cuman/Bolgar and Rus will be there to watch, i promise

True protector of Turks, Cuman and Southern Russians
Leader of the plains

Last edited:
The Holy Roman Emperor will do what ever he deems is needed to aid the spreading of catholism.

Kujy said:
We shall take that as a sign that Your Majesty will, indeed, support Poland in the upcoming war then.
The most holy Emperor is agast by your words, King of Leon. You only seek to crush Poland. Besides, Barahir Kniaz of Pronsk is catholic. Why do you care?

We only seek to restore balance in Central and Eastern Europe. I would rather have those of Catholic and Orthodox faiths live peacefully next to each other than have all Europe be trampled by the Polish hordes.

Kujy said:
We only seek to restore balance in Central and Eastern Europe. I would rather have those of Catholic and Orthodox faiths live peacefully next to each other than have all Europe be trampled by the Polish hordes.
You are a king from Iberia, otherside of Europe. Orthodox are schismatical, why are they your concern?

Lurken said:
You are a king from Iberia, otherside of Europe. Orthodox are schismatical, why are they your concern?
My concern is that the Polish King would conquer them under the pretext of establishing Catholic hegemony, which is a complete lie. Hungary was pure Catholic and yet it was not deemed worthy enough a Catholic nation to continue being independent. I can only imagine that the true driving force behind Poland subverting Rus is not for reasons of the faith but rather for pure conquest.