• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah...yes, that is what you say know, it might be true for you, but what of you heirs? What will they think, when they are strong and big, seeing little Poland? I fear that they will want to subjugate the catholic poles. That I cannot let happen, better stamp out a small bushfire, then a great woodsfire.

I must note to the great King Heinrich of germans, that it is Poland which attacked russian principalities in first place, it is Poland which was generously granted one county by Kievans in the peace offer, although polish were losing the war badly.
I must also bring the german king's attention to the fact that speaking about any russian principality 'storming down, and converting Poland, Hungery, Bohemia with the sword' is something only an unaware man could say.
I would advise the great king of Germany, to follow the wisdom of elders and first see before talking, otherwise his reputation as a wise man could be waning..

Am I not free to judge what I see? You will be scampering around begging for aid from me, if the history is played out as I have foretold, and you will get aid, since you are no schismatic. But beware, any action against a fellow catholic will not be looked upon very kindly.

If, my dear king of Germany, if. What a great word that is..

binTravkin said:
If, my dear king of Germany, if. What a great word that is..
Yes, "if" is a great word indeed, it let us think of what might be or might have been. With "if", the notion of orthodox hordes from the east is possible, and why would you sooner trust a schismatic then a fellow catholic?

If I have to choose from a weak schismatic miles and miles away and strong and agressive catholic in my neighbourhood the choice is obvious.
Im more wondering what makes king of Germany think that mighty Poland is less dangerous to him than weak Kiev..

I have made every concession, signed every insurance of our peaceful intentions in Western Europe and agreed to every means of insuring that the Russian people's are left alone to our just belief and yet STILL you demand more? I shall appease nolonger the aggressor, if you shalt demand more of me and my kin I will refuse, should you wish to take with strength of arms which you shan't take with strength of words you will be sorry and many lives will be lost becuase of your shortsighted zealousness!

And Germany would you support such aggression even when faced with overwhelming evidence of its vileness? I beg of you to stand aside should Poland take what it can't have. I appeal to your wisdom and sense of honor, if not that then to political common sense, if Poland swallows Russia who will stand to stop Poland from turning against the Romans?

So I appeal to you again, oh mighty King of Poland, to stave off your hunger for Russian lands and Russian blood so we may live in peace and battle the heathens who threaten our justly acquired lands and deal with political strife and intrigue within our courts.

Prince Rurikovich of Kyiv and Novgorod.

To our dear neighbors, the House of Jimenez:

The Capetian Dynasty and our sworn vassals, the Dukes of France, strongly urge you to reconsider the proposition offered you by our father-in-law, William of England. Portugal must have a king, and it would distress us to see your head, already burdened with three crowns, bear the strain of yet another golden encumbrance. We think only of your poor neck, friend.

Phillipe Capet

How heavy is the burden for a king with many crowns? Not that heavy, since he can alwyas forge a uniting crown, like the Crown of Hispania?

My dear Prince, I am glad to see that you have come to realize you cannot appease me by making pointless proclamations and worthless concessions. I am no sheep in wolf's clothing. I am the Lion of the North, I am Boleslaw Piast, son of Mieszko Piast, grandson of Vladimir the Great, King of Poland, Protector of the Slavic Peoples, Servant of God, Bulwark of Christendom in the East, and my sword shall not be turned aside by fools' words! The blood rises now in my veins, and all over Poland the royal messengers trumpet the call to war. Let us meet upon the noble field of battle, that we may fight at last as not a King against Prince with words, treaties, and proclamations, but as a man against a man with lance, shield, and sword.

To Their Majesties the Kings of England and France,

We mean no offense to either of Your Majesties, but why do You find it imperative for there to be a 'Kingdom of Portugal?' Also, what does the King of England mean by Portugal's "historical boundaries"? I have consulted all my courtiers who are learned in history, and they all are baffled by your claim that Portugal ever had historical borders that exceed its current ones. I would gladly accept the Duke of Braganza should he want to be my vassal, but I currently see no point in taking his lands and incorporating them into an ahistorical Kingdom of Portugal. Lastly, whyever would a Norman be sitting on the Portuguese throne in the first place? The English Royal Family's priorities should be focused on England and its vassalized lands in Gaul, not in Iberia, for now.

Signed, Violante Fernandez, the Mother and Regent for HM Sancho King of Leon, Castile and Aragon

You are not the protector of the slavic peoples.

Also, I WILL Become King of Rus and Tsar of all the Russia's or see it burnt to ashes around me and if you dare attack my lands without due cause I will not rest until Poland is burnt to ashes, its men killed, woman raped and people erased from history. 400 years from now people will wonder what happened to the Polish people's even if they remembered that Poland had once existed...

So, my good Prince, you have at last showed your true colors. You threaten to dishonor defenseless women, you threaten to erase an entire people from history, you even dare to state that, while you are supposedly "Protector of the Slavic Peoples", you would slaughter them by the hundreds of thousands. Yet, you accuse me of treachery and warmongering. I mean only to establish my reign over Kiev, not to unnecessarily kill anyone, least of all women and children. It seems now there is even greater threat to the Polish people. Know this: Poland and its people shall never be deterred by the threats of evil men. I shall never allow such an evil act as the erasure of a culture and its people to be committed, least of all against my own people.

Now that you have shown your true intentions, try no longer to hide behind the cloak of peacefulness and innocence. You are not Christian at all, for not even a schismatic would speak such words earnestly. Only an ally of Satan himself would dare to commit or even threaten such acts. I shall never bow to Lucifer's will nor the will of his slaves, nor will the Polish people. I ask all true Chrsitian kings to ensure that the evil in Rus shall not triumph this day. But I warn you, the cost will be great for those who join me in this noble cause. Let only those who will fight until the fight is won join my cause. I will not think less of nor hold any grudges against those who decline to join me, only those who join arms with the horrible evil that rises out of the east.

I go now to raise the armies of Poland, that they might fight for their freedom and that of their families and friends. Upon the fields of Kiev, the battle between Good and Evil, God and Satan, shall be fought once again, as it has been throughout the centuries. Even if I shall fail, Good will never lose. It may falter, it may retreat, but it shall never be conquered. There shall always be those who fight for Justice and Good in this world. As long as God might allow me to live, I shall fight the good fight, I shall protect my people, and I shall not falter in my devotion, that Christendom and the Kingdom of Christ may not perish from this earth!

I am simply stating the result of any such attempt to harm my realm or infringe upon any russian principility. You my friend have not said any innocent words and doth will break the backs of the Polish people's for your foolish warmognering.

By attacking me you will only ensure your own doom as all nations will take up arms to destory the nation of poland for in its aggression is a threat to the world order.

So I once more appeal and this is the final time, stop your foolishness before it is too late for all of us and the innocence that once inhabited our world is lost forever because of your actions.

Innocence? World order? Why, what a laugh I had upon seeing those. You are telling me that innocence once inhabited this world? Tell me, when? Innocence left this world long ago. Be it when Eve was tempted by Satan or when Cain killed Abel, or when a man first killed another man, mankind's innocence is far gone. As for a world order, this too died with the inception of man to this world. No man can be free if he is constrained by such a sweeping power over him. The only world order is God's will, and if you dare to speak of God's will, perhaps you should first consider whether God would approve of you slaughtering his innocent followers. I would think of doing no such thing as you threatened to heathens, much less fellow Christians, be they schimatics or not.

I had cause for war earlier, the cause of my people's need for expansion, quite frankly. But now I have a far greater cause: to protect the Polish people for generations to come. Clearly, if you would threaten to annihilate an entire people, you cannot be trusted with a mere principality, much less a kingdom! I therefore cannot allow you to ever gain the Kingdom of Rus or that of Lithuania. I care not who holds those titles, so long as that man is not you or any of your descendants who exhibit the same tendency towards the slaughter of innocents as you do. There shall be war, I guarantee you. There can be no peace until I believe my people's safety to be secured for as long as possible. If you have the stomach for war, then prepare for it; if not, as you seem to have exhibited thus far, submit now or flee like a true slave of Satan. I go now to my bloody task, that my descendants might be safe. Let the titans clash upon the field of battle and let the horns of Poland ring out the call to war one last time!

I shalt neither flea nor submit but I shall battle to the last man and crush you, I will do what I must to Protect the Russian people, it is obvious I am speaking with a madman, there can be no negotiation with one such as you.

So I shall pen one last warning, either desist from your foolish quest to force our submition or feal the wraith of the Russian people. The choice is yours.

*I like this thread :D*

Behold, the Polish king spoke of fair battle and war, while the schismatical prince speak of slaughter. King of Bohemia I urge thee to reconsider thou loyalties, how can you back one schismatic who wishes to kill all poles? How? Now I am even more convinced that something must be done now, or we shall see Europe falling under the feet of the schismatical russians.

I, Vratislav Premyslid, King of Bohemia, who is reknowned for his just and fair rule, am concerned more of agressive poles and germans than schismatical russians, for I know that there's no peace inside Kiev and the king of Poland just wants to use this situation to extend his domain and slaughter innocent people using the name of Lord.
The Lord does not want war, He wants peace, and if he would ever want war to bring the schismatics back into catholic faith, the Pope would know it and let us know.
Furthermore, the words of polish king have not been the mildest I've heard, thus I do not wonder about russian response as they're reknowned for their fast temper, I would get angry in a similar situation aswell.
And once again I question the wisdom of your judgement, oh great king of germans, to say that 'we shall see Europe falling under the feet of the schismatical russians'.
I see no backing of those words..

Signed,
Vratislav Premyslid

Ah, my advisors have brought me calm for I Have discovered that thankfully unless my heart decieves me Poland is locked in a struggle with Hungary so I have for the short term no fear of Poland unless the sick King of Hungary recovers but for now I take confort.