• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((correction im still orthodox))

To Wszebor Piast, King of Poland

As you have now witnessed, the Princes of the East are claiming their right to independence and kingship over their ancestral land. Furthermore, His Holiness the Holy Roman Emperor, has recognized the right of independence for Hungary, as well as the right for the Princes of the East to fight for what is theirs.

You speak of intentions to give up the Hungarian and Bohemian thrones. But how can you expect Us to trust your words, when you yourself, not satisfied with your enormous empire, brougth war on the hungarians and took possession of their crown? Are We to sit idly by and wait, while you may strike a fancy for another Catholic throne? Are We to turn a blind eye as the "Bulwark of Christendom" becomes Christendoms greatest enemy?

We stand by our demands. The King of Poland would be wise to recognize, that We are not unreasonable, and recognize his possession of the crowns of Lithuania and Bohemia. Call it a strike of generosity, and respect, from one Christian Brother to another. But if you persist in your arrogance, if you continue to put your pride above the welfare of your people, if you force Us to march over polish soil, then you may find Us less lenient and forgiving.

William II de Normandie, King of England

My Good King of England,

As you seem to be the wisest and least insulting among my opponents, I shall address this to you. I have no wish for war, and I also have no wish to retain either Hungary or Bohemia. My wish is to have Rus, for in Rus lies my realm's true power. If you want peace and also the union of Christendom, I offer you these concessions:

1) The Kingdom of Poland shall release Hungary under the reign of a fit, able king not readily inheritable by the King of Poland.

2) The King of Poland shall pledge to not aggressively (as in start) make war in Hungary.

3) The King of Poland shall continue his purging of the pagans on the Baltic coast and in Rus/Lithuania.

Do you feel that these concessions are enough, my good King of England? If not, we may discuss it further, in public or private, if you wish.

Respectfully,

Wszebor Piast, King of Poland, Protector of All Slavs, Guardian of the Pripet Marshes, Bulwark of Christendom, Savior of the City of Kiev, Overlord of the Lithuanian Pagans

Regardless of what deals are made, Kiev will fight on to reclaim our ancestral lands.

This rebellion of Russian peoples will tear your nation into civil war a war in which I doubt you will ever recover from.

((rebelliousness 4 teh win))

(wow, that post took time to go there, hehe, a little bit out of order...anyway)

Bahadir, the turk, Rurikovich

Once again you are mistaken my former liege, your true realm’s power is not in Russia, never was, and never will, since day one you never controlled not even one army, or had the loyalty of one duke, you can thank your lies and tricks for that, if you didn’t conspire against all of your vassals all the time, another situation we would be discussing, now face the consequences.
My intention was to have a peaceful independence but you clearly have intentions of other things. I’m deeply sorry for your people and all the lives this is going to cost if you don’t accept the path of freedom.
Have in mind that the ultimatum of the western kings and the Russian rebellion is not a separate thing and that all the conditions given to you are the ones that will bring you stability and prestige amongst the leaders of Europe, not just a few of them.

True protector of Turks, Cuman and Southern Russians
Leader of the plains

Last edited:
To the Lords of the World and All True Servants of God Almighty,

I am an old man. I have fought many wars and sent many men to their death. But I am not yet finished. I am still ready to fight, I am still ready to take up the white eagle of Poland, the rearing horseman of Lithuania, the golden eagle of Rus, the lion of Bolgar, and the grazing horse of Cuman. The Piast blood runs strong throughout my veins as of yet, and I would have it a fitting death to die in battle.

Yet, I have no wish for war with the west. They have done nothing to besmirch my name, nothing to harm my people. I will gladly release the Kingdom of Hungary, and when I do so I shall let out a sigh of great relief. However, I shall not release all my kingdoms in the east to rebellious, disloyal scum. At my death, I would have instructed my son to do so, to split up my realm and ensure that justice was done at long last. But I shall never give into those who would oppose Poland, least of all without a fight. The princes of Rus have made no formal requests for their own independence or their own kingdom. The Kniaz of Pronsk in fact has rarely even mentioned it, while the Prince of Kiev has merely whined and complained. Am I to merely give into the whims of vassals simply because they want more land and more power? No, I give out land to those who are patient and to those who justly deserve it.

I ask you kings of Europe one simple thing. If one of your vassals suddenly wanted one of your kingdoms, or, God forbid, TWO, would you merely agree to it, at the same time relinquishing a kingdom to your other vassal, and a kingdom to one of your nobles? I ask you, would you do such a thing? I, good sirs, would not, least of all commit such an act under duress and threats of war from others. Furthermore, would you give such incredible concessions to princes who have been ungracious, disloyal, and deceptive? The Kniaz of Pronsk says that I never commanded his loyalty. Well then, is he not a liar? Did he not pledge his allegiance to whomever ruled Poland, until he himself died? That is what a true pledge of allegiance to a liege is. He gave such a pledge, as did the Prince of Kiev, and now they go back on their word, their very word and oath before Almighty God! You, seeing this, not only do not stand against them and denounce them, but you support them and believe their cause just! If a man's word is worth nothing, then how am I to believe after I make these concessions that I will not lose more? What is to stop the world from devouring Poland and all its lands and laying waste to the Polish people? The Prince of Kiev threatened it once before, and I shall not give him the power to commit such a heinous crime against humanity and my Lord and Savior!

Such a threat was more then a threat it was a prophecy.

Due to the unwillingness of the King of Poland to comply with the demands put forth in the ultimatum, We, William II King of England, in support of the Prince of Kyjiv and the Prince of Pronsk, declare a state of war between England and Poland. May God have mercy on us all.

I, Ramiro Jimenez, King of Léon, Castile, Aragon and so on and so forth, join My great Friend and Ally the King of England in a declaration of war against Wszebor, King of Poland and Lithuania and Usurper of the thrones of Rus, Bolgar, Bohemia, and Hungary in support of the Princes of Kiev and Pronsk. We shall make the Polish King release the realms whose Crowns He usurped as well as have Him pay for Our war effort if We see it fit. (OOC:
rar.gif
)

Ramiro Jimenez

((OMG how did you get that smily!))

Well, to all those who now seek an end to the Polish people, I shall see you all on the field of battle and, as I said to the English king, I shall cut you down the first opportunity I receive. Now, I go to pray to my Almighty Lord and Savior, and I suggest that all of you do so as well. I know what I do today is right. I shall not surrender my people to whims of other kings. I go now to war, and to the slaughter of men. You know not what you do.

Ready to Die,

Wszebor Piast, First Emperor of the Polish-Russian Empire

Last edited:
Fools! You are truly fools. What has the king of Leon to meddle with Poland? Or the foolish king of England to do with Poland? You will mearly ruin yourself. Fools...

The good Catholic king of Poland Wszebor Piast, speaks sooth. How would you, Ramiro Jiminez react of I demanded that you would release Aragon to one of your rebellious vassals? You would think that I was a fool. In this case, I know you are a fool.

My sword lies ready to be drawn to the aid of the honourable king of Poland, against weakhearted, foolish, dimwitted and misled kings of this "Alliance". Bah, the allaince will crumble before your very own eyes, when your allies sees that the Holy Roman Emperor goes to war to aid Poland.

Fools.

I thank all the kings that come in my support, the russian/cuman and turkish people will forever thank you as well.
No member of the Alliance has crumbled because of the German joining. The "holy" Roman Emperor is no better than a King and he shall not think like this after the wars ends.

Bahadir, the turk, Rurikovich
True protector of Turks, Cuman and Southern Russians
Leader of the plains

Ah, but the Holy Roman Emperor forgets: unlike with the King of Poland's realm, My immediate ancestors rightfully inherited the Crowns of Castile, Aragon and Navarra. We did not trick any nobles into vassalage or shamelessly conquer any Catholic Kingdoms. My conscious is clean, as are My territorial acquisitions, so there is no reason for My vassals to rebel against My Just and Pious rule. Can You say the same for Your Polish ally? As for Our "meddling", it is only Our intention to see to it that balance be restored in that part of Europe. If the "King of Usurpers" cannot fulfill the promises He made so many years ago then it is high time He is forced to carry them out. I am sure Your Majesty would be voicing the same concern had My troops been overrunning all of Iberia and Gaul in the past few years.

To the Holy Roman Emperor

Our Alliance remain strong, for We expected nothing else than that you would rush to the aid of your friend. 'tis sad though, what could have been a quick and relatively bloodless war, will now become a long bloody struggle which will make the rivers of Germany and Poland run red with blood.

William II de Normandie, King of England

Lurken said:
The good Catholic king of Poland Wszebor Piast, speaks sooth. How would you, Ramiro Jiminez react of I demanded that you would release Aragon to one of your rebellious vassals? You would think that I was a fool. In this case, I know you are a fool.

[OOC: that the vassals are human, with no ability to create a king-title of their own makes all the difference]

To King Leopold Von Franken of Germany:

The high court of Italy wishes to contact the great king in a matter of borders and land trade-offs. Italy understands it owns two provinces that is of German descent and of the german peoples and feels it is only right that these people have no foreign leadership rule over them. Just as Italy believes the province Germany owns and governs in Padua should not be under german rule.

Here is what Italy proposes.

Italy will return Grison just north of Lombardia and Neiderbayern just west of passeu.

For those two provinces Italy asks for Padua to be returned.

Italy would love to hear from Leopold on his decision and mind in the matter.

~Arnaud D'Este

To the King of Naples, there are 2 provences in Turkey that should be returned to Byzantine rule, however we recognize you fought hard to help us so are willing to cede our claims of Crete to Naples as payment for the war and inexchange to have the 2 provences in Turkey returned.