• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(134356)

Sergeant
Feb 9, 2009
Romania - 1941

Romania 7th September 1940 - 22nd June 1941
romprebarb.jpg

The summer of 1940 was a very difficult one for Romania. Bessarabia, the Cadrilater and Northern Transylvania were lost without any combat. Carol II abdictated, leaving the throne for 19-year-old his son Mihai I. Although forced by Germany to give Northern Transylvania to Hungary, Romania eventually joined the Axis on the 23rd November. Now, on the 22nd June, Romanian troops at the border to the Soviet Union are ready to launch a huge invasion along the German troops. The main goal ist to recapture Northern Bucovina and Bessarabia and to annex some soviet territory. Only time will show they will be successful ...

---------------------------------------------------

This is going to be my first AAR so I´d appreciate any advices you can give me. It will be half gameplay, half narrative. And I´ll be using the fantastic E3 Map plus some self-made events. I don´t want to finish this AAR as fast as I can, because I´ve also got to do some other things ;).

---------------------------------------------------

Updates:

Operation München
Liberation of Transnistria

Last edited:
A Romanian AAR, just at the start of Operation Barbarossa too! Well, I can say with the German AI in charge of their operations you might get frustrated with the lackluster AI advancements pending the difficulty you are playing the game on.

Good luck, I'll be reading and helping as much as possible.

Operation München

Here is the plan of taking over Bessarabia (red). The green area Transnistria is promised by the Germans as a recompensation for Transylvania.

mnchenz.jpg

26 June 1941

Romanian and German troops cross the border of the Soviet Union. The goal is to liberate Bessarabia until the end of July. Cahul and Cernauti are quickly taken. The Soviets are totally unprepared and surprised by this attack.

26june.jpg

19 July 1941

Southern Bessarabia has been taken and the battle of Chisinau has been won. The victorious Romanian troops are heading towards Chisinau where the people are celebrating the liberation.

30 July 1941

Operation München has been a huge success. Bessarabia has been liberated. The Soviet Union is still completely disorganised. Marshall Ion Antonescu is pleased with the progress and receives a congratulation letter from the Germans. However, the war is far from beeing over and the Soviet Union will not give up very quickly.

30july.jpg

difficult times indeed
good luck!

With you at the helm, maybe Romania could take a much more active role, rather than let Stalingrad be encircled. :p Good luck!

First AAR using E3 map?

I think so. I haven´t seen any other AAR using the E3 map.

difficult times indeed good luck!

Thanks ;)

Good luck. It shouldn't be difficult with your big brother. :p

Well, I hope my big brother will not disappoint me :D

With you at the helm, maybe Romania could take a much more active role, rather than let Stalingrad be encircled. :p Good luck!

Yep, I hope I can take an active role. But my primary target is still Stalingrad (of course without beeing encircled :p)

Liberation of Transnistria

So far things have gone well. Now Romania is about to liberate the last national provinces which are under Soviet control.

23 August 1941

There wasn´t much progress over the last few weeks because of the reorganisation of the troops. Only the city of Tiraspol has been captured.

23august.jpg

13 September 1941

Finaly some progress. The northern part of Transnistria is now under Romanian control. Now the plan is to encircle the Soviet troops at Odessa.

13september.jpg

18 September 1941

The encirclement has been successful. With the support of some German divisions an attack at Odessa can now be launched.

18september.jpg

28 September 1941

After 10 days of heavy fighting the battle of Odessa has been won. The Soviet Union has suffered huge losses after several divisions have been crushed at Odessa. The victorious Romanian troops have now eliberated all of the Soviet occupied territory which was claimed by Romania. From now on all conquered provinces will be occupied by the Germans.

28september.jpg

1 October 1941

Marshal Ion Antonescu and the King of Romania Mihai I. make a front inspection. From now on Romania faces a problem. Should it continue the war along Germany or not? It has now all territories that it wanted. What was the point? Marshall Antonescu insisted on fighting.

"If we continue the war with Germany we have a chance to reclaim northern Transylvania after the war, if necessary even by force. We have already got some plans", Antonescu said. Mihai I. however wasn´t so convinced but he finally agreed. "I hope you know what you are doing...", King Mihai I. said.

antonescu-bess.jpg

Seems like Germany is lagging behind in historical borders; have they taken Kiev yet? Next update, could you show us the Northern front? :)

Great AAR, keep up the good work!

Alot of effort for very little gain. I would try and grab some Soviet provinces before the Germans.

Any updates? :rolleyes: