• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It appears, Zagys, that they're not really interested in answerring our questions, busy as they are playing the game and discussing it in the other (blasted forbidden to enter) forums.
Perhaps we should ask friendly whether we may visit those forums too. (for customers-relationships sake :))

Originally posted by Zagys on 03-10-2000 02:26 PM
It seems like all of the information I have heard about this game, and all of the screenshots I have seen, are focused on Europe.

*Yes that's true. It is Europa Universalis afterall. :)

How are non European powers (Aztecs, Chinese, etc.) portrayed in the game? Do they attack and expand and otherwise try to improve their position, or do they just sit there doing nothing and wait to be conquered or economically exploited like in the game Imperialism?

*Well, in all of the historical scenarios, they are computer controlled and are pretty much portrayed as they were historically. That is, during the period portrayed by the game 1492-1792, none of the exotic empires did any colonization, exploration, etc. They were much more primitive than their European counterparts.

Also, is historical population depicted in the game, meaning that a country like China, though at a technological disadvantage, will have massive numerical superiority over any European invaders? Depending upon which scenarios make the final game, you may be able to play the Iroquois, Aztec, or Chinese in a fantasy (non-historical) game.

*Population will be based on history, however, I can't comment on the Chinese, because I haven't encountered them in any of the scenarios I have been testing. Additionally, there are areas of the map that are 'permanent terra incognita', meaning it will be impossible for anyone to explore. I would assume there will be parts of China that will be permanent terra incognita.

I would really appreciate a detailed reply, thanks. :)

You're welcome.

When talking about 'vicious circles' I found out as playing Poland that it was possible to take much of Germany during the reformation and in mid-game I was number one. A mini-super-power. Until... Sweden,Denmark and The Hansa attacked me after a couple of years fighting Russia, Turkey followed. In the end-game I was rather torned and ended up number three after France and Portugal... :)

TANSTAFL... :) in this game !

/Greven