• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AFAIK if you want to play "dies irae götterdämmerung" you need to go to
the game installation directory and run "ftm_launcher" because that DLC is not compatible with the latest game expansion (TFH). I hope this helps.

Is there any way to play it with TFH? I mean they can't offer a game and release a patch that makes it unplayable...

As far as i read this thread there will be no compatibility with TFH, on the other hand there is Black Ice in mod forum. It wont give you graphical immersion (UI) but man it is continuation of DevilDread's project, and as far as i'm concerned it will steal many hours of your life

Funny how you pay for a DLC that only works for a few patches and then, when a new expansion comes, loses all support and no-one is refunded anything.

Reactions:
No seriously! I payed for something on Steam that doesn't shows any sign of incompatiblity (like a link in the fudging description), and now I came here to figure it won't work.

How's about Paradox is taking down this DLC? And why is it a DLC anyways? Fudging disgrace.

You have to launch it with just FTM I think.
Right, but you need the FTM patch for that one aswell as it was made for SF.

Or use the Mod from sosowo and play it with TFH and some more nice additions to it.
Afaik Devildread had only contract to do SF version of the DLC and later patch for FTM was done pure voluntary by him for the fans.
Gamersgate version works with boxed(CD) versions.
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CELANO/hearts-of-iron-3-dies-irae-gotterdammerung

You need a patch for FTM though, or a mod that enables the compability for TFH:
FTM patch mus be in here somewhere:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...9-Dies-Irae-G%F6tterd%E4mmerung-Report-thread

TFH version enablig mod:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?653255-Sub-mod-Dies-Irae-Vorw%E4rts-Panzers!
(Also the FTM patch is linked in here iirc.)

I bought Hoi3 boxed in a store and Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung via Games Gate.

Here is how it works on my Win7:

1. Install the game in the directory c:/Program Files(x86)/Paradox Interactive/Hearts of Iron III Collection
2. update it to version 3.05 - if its not already
3. press the win-key and "r" and type regedit or go to the registry in any way you know ;)
4. go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Paradox Interactive/Hearts of Iron III - may be it's located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/wow6232NODE/Paradox Interactive/Hearts of Iron III depending on Windows version
5. right click and create a new path (white paper with a red "a" on it), then double klick on it to set the value to: c:/Program Files(x86)/Paradox Interactive/Hearts of Iron III Collection
6. create another path with HeartsofIron - add value 3.05
7. create another path with SemperFi - add value 3.05
8. create another path with FortheMotherland - add value 3.05
9. If you don't follow the steps 3 to 8, the installer of Dies Irae can't find the game and says: "File exception: discfile.cpp, line: 433. Description: Could not open file".
10. NOW you can install Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung - it is VERY IMPORTANT that you unzip the data in the MOD-FOLDER!!!!!!!!! Otherwise the game will crash while you try to start it.
11. download and use the latest Dies Irae: Götterdammerung Patch and install it.
12. start For the Motherland from the Hearts of Iron III folder
13. choose Dies Irae mod - start - enjoy!

hope this will help all of you,

Best regards

Last edited:
I tried in the DLC forum thread or in fileresidence, and all links are broken. I reinstalled HOI3 For the Motherland with 3.05 patch, so I think I need to get the patch 2.06 for Dies Irae Gotterdammerung to work but no idea where I can get the patches now. It was an official DLC, so it should be around. Please let me know where to find the patches for the DLC.

I just wanted to add that I got it working with the 2.06 beta patch and loading with the ftm_launcher.
Usually it crashes on the "initialising maplogic" screen but somehow worked this time! The only problem I have now is the issue of the production sliders resetting every time I close the production screen.
Does the same thing with Stars&Stripes too.
Shall I create a new thread as I cannot seem to find any threads about this issue?.

If it helps, I am using the Steam collection with all DLC and Expansions on Windows 7 64 Bit.

Sorry I am late to the party. Does the beta 2.06 rar work with their finest hour as a stand alone or mod, or do you run DIG from gamersgate into your hoi3 folder then run rhe rar into the tfh/mod folder and run that as a mod?

You have to install it as a FTM mod, so not in a separate TFH folder but in main HOI3 mod folder. Than launch it with ftm_launcher.exe

Reactions: