Did I write myself into a corner? (spoilers)

• Hearts of Iron IV Survey

Help us make HoI IV better by sharing your experiences in this 5 minute survey

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Bacax

Recruit
Apr 1, 2014
So, here is my issue. I went with the scarlet chorus, and got sent to the burning library right away. When I was talking to Tunon, I was sure that I said I would go talk to Ashe, but I got sent to Cacaphony instead.
Anyway, I went and got the Lethian spire before talking to Tunon, and I turned it into a library.

Now, I am in the burning library, and I need to exchange an artifact for the scroll, but the only artifact I have is the staff I got in the same room and I want to keep that. I have read that you can create artifacts with a forge spire, and that you can get artifacts from other locations, but the burning library is the only place on the map I can go.

Anyone know how I can get another artifact to exchange, or am I stuck with using my staff or letting the library fall?

Dsingis

Colonel
94 Badges
May 8, 2014
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
So, here is my issue. I went with the scarlet chorus, and got sent to the burning library right away. When I was talking to Tunon, I was sure that I said I would go talk to Ashe, but I got sent to Cacaphony instead.
Anyway, I went and got the Lethian spire before talking to Tunon, and I turned it into a library.

Now, I am in the burning library, and I need to exchange an artifact for the scroll, but the only artifact I have is the staff I got in the same room and I want to keep that. I have read that you can create artifacts with a forge spire, and that you can get artifacts from other locations, but the burning library is the only place on the map I can go.

Anyone know how I can get another artifact to exchange, or am I stuck with using my staff or letting the library fall?

My memory might be wrong, but I'm sure there is something around the area where you can take the scroll that you can place in there as replacement.
Try looking around. Otherweise, yeah you have to either sacrifice your staff or let the library burn down.