• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
SeanB said:
Hrm, it'd let me recruit black people too though into the army if they were free...

How many slaves do we have?

I don't know but theyre mostly blacks from the coast...

m checking now, hold on

omfg!!!! There are NO slaves! Only farmers and labourers (duh, like i said before :p)

Dominant issue countrywide: Moralism
Secundary Issue: Laissez Faire (80orso%), Jingoism(remainder)

19.2% pagans, all from the amazonian regions
the rest good catholics

Wow we really suck, we can't even have tea parties with rich people! There are NONE in our country!

AmbassadeBelgie said:
omfg!!!! There are NO slaves! Only farmers and labourers (duh, like i said before :p)

Dominant issue countrywide: Moralism
Secundary Issue: Laissez Faire (80orso%), Jingoism(remainder)

19.2% pagans, all from the amazonian regions
the rest good catholics

Wow we really suck, we can't even have tea parties with rich people! There are NONE in our country!

Laissez-faire is cool, as far as it is litterally true hehe
"sorry Mylord, what do you want ? my money ? please take it ! huh ? you want my daughter too ?? errr ... of course, of course, help yourself. ... and my son and myself under the flags and weaponed for your own glory ? glups, okie dokie.

[font=times_new_roman]ECUADOR as of 1843:
INTERBELLUM AND 2nd WAR​
[/font]

2-1.jpg

We are in the full activity of the Second Ecuadorian Aggression as it is now called, against, additionally, their new allies Venezuela!
Since Colombia have not budged for the first three months of war, and finding it suicidal to send our troops against trenched-in armies over mountainous terrain, the focus of the Colombian Invasion Process is on the coast, which is merely hilly.

3-1.jpg

As can be deduced, we have eight mobilised armies in addition to our regular four.
His Eminence Olifranc is taking over the eastern Colombian colonies and southern Venezuelan colonies.
Our hero Dávid the Terrible is attacking Venezuela, harassing their retreating cavalry into the west with his loyal hussars. Simultaneously the skilled J.G. Rosas charges his troops into Venezuelan lands to take control of as much land as possible.
Military professor Wenis, El Señor Ministro del Screw, is calculating the best way to decisively end the attrition-based invasion of the Colombian coast using the freshly-arrived mobilised reinforcement troops.
Meanwhile, it seems my screenshot only describes the battle of Merida, and so I’m in a bit of trouble, because the rest of our brave generals have been wiped from my memory! Wherever they are, they live and attribute their success to the highly developed troops of Ecuador [thanks to our Minister of Education Olifranc: We have spent the last three technologies on military, making 7 army techs, 2 navy techs, 3 industry techs, and 3 cultural techs].

Oh! And since 1838 the ”Labourers’ Progressive Alliance” party is at the head of our government, after the orders of El Presidente Rocketman. During their reign, our country saw the birth of its first NATIONAL INDUSTRY! The Compañía Nacional de Madera has expanded to support 20 workforces, and in 5 years four (the fifh is from Quito) have already emigrated from neighbouring Andean countries, and even occasionally Jewish South Germans and Catholic Spaniards, but they soon left for some reason… must be the lack of human rights…mamma’s boys…

Also under the liberal government, farmers have begun to get nice cash reserves (100 pounds and increasing!), so Olifranc trained 30000 clergymen to accelerate technology development, and our Minister of War (who by now swims in his riches) trained 14000 officers…

4-1.jpg

Ah, of course, before September 1842 (which was the start of THIS war) was a four-year INTERBELLUM PERIOD. This was because Rocketman made a slight mistake in appointing Ernestine to declaring war… Ernestine had decided to first wait until the truce was over, so as not to lose 100 prestige from a broken treaty… Of course she didn’t think: After the truce Colombia –being innocent and all –taxed Ecuador 100 prestige anyways. Dumb, dumb thing to wait…but it meant a lot of industrial and economical progress… Now we’re no longer a land of farmers and labourers, and we finally have a middle (but still no cool HIGH) class…

For the sake of nostalgia, here’s Ecuador in the middle of the long Interbellum period, in which a lot of money was saved (this didn’t stop us from going into debt when WAR was finally declared…):
1_interbellum.jpg

And Ecuador in the eyes of the world [BadBoy points = around 15 iirc :eek: ]
5.jpg

___===___===___===___

Any questions, please ask.

Now is the open session during which anyone may contribute to the rule of the next two to five years (depending on if we determine short or long-term plans).

This session closes Saturday at 00:00 (G.M.T.), which is the night the next session will be played out on my computer.
And updated. :D

===____===___===___===

I suggest to always demand territories arond capital cities to isolate them, like during this war, ask for "tunja" to Columbia, and "Valencia, Calabozo and B**$€thing" (i can barely read) to Venezuela.
So when provinces get on revolt, they may come to ECUADOOOOR without any fight and damage. And so we can concentrate on other neighbors :D

We'd need a huge like 100% peace count to get them to give up that land... + we don't occupy it yet.

It'll be long and hard, isn't it easier to do several wars instead (although yes, BBpoints would be evil)... We're gonna lose prestige anyways :D

And maybe we should aim for Peru, to let the BB-war penalties rest with Colombia? Or shatter Colombia first :D?

In order to penetrate (hehe) the interior we could use sheer numbers. However I recommend taking the coast and their border with venezuala. Then, using our numbers and hopefully artillery, we can pocket and annihilate them. I believe they may even panic and attempt to breakout. But they will be cut off from their allies.

And then all the peanuts will be mine! Um ours!!!! :D :D :D

God's with us, why bother about such consideration of numbers ? an ecuadorian is strong like ten columbians and venezualians ! :eek:o
isn't he ?
:eek:

You know what ? i call my God "Neville" and we get whatever we want :) :) :) :) :)
Nah, let's not cheat with religion, we never know what' s really after death hehe

Sheer numbers, in the Amazon valley?
Your minister of war must be insane...
[Edit: Oh, wait, he's just a Cabinet councilor :D]

But then again, I'm not even in the Cabinet...

Cutting the country in half might be a good way as well, IF you have the army to afford blocking their inevitable attempt to make a junction once the war restarts.

I said we could but I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm not Crazy! At least the leprechaun doesn't think so! But that troll just hates everyone.

Yeah Olifranc is right, leprechaun Neville O' Neal might save the day!

O Presidente Rocketman, do we use the sacred ecuadorian leprechaun if someday we find ourselves p0wning the colombians and they refuse what is rightly ours? (Technically once we occupy Bogota capitulation should historically be called for, but Victoria never included that historically accurate aspect of warfare...

Or do we just suffer without the help of small mystical creatures of F12-land like elves and leprechauns?

I still prefer that we demand lands around capital cities, more than begging Neville. "Neville is Devil", as one says when drunk.
thanks to this, we can focus on Peru and Brazil and "forget" Columbia and Venezuela and go farther on our conquest of South America ! Let's just watch out about avoiding boundaries with that big fat Victoria of England (or Rostbeefland ?), she might kick our divine butt in less time than you sneeze ...
The most important is to neutralize our competitors on our continent, not necessary to annihilate them. Then, we will have enough manpower and money to impress any nation and take whatever we want, and why not join the two poles !!
(north and south, not Walieski and Galezowski) !!

Last edited:
We shall only use the sacred leprechan if the Columbians do that weird thing where they refuse our demands and then offer more.

Olifranc said:
(north and south, not Walieski and Galezowski) !!

:rofl: :rofl: I'm sorry this is so excellent! :rofl: :rofl:

Olifranc is very wise.Isolating the oppressed thingies (since everything in Colombia is opressed) of Colombia from their evil capital city of Bogota (Spanish for: the city of evil or darkness or something similar) will lead to them realising that their life is much better under fair Ecuador.Then we can conquer the rest of the worlds coffee producing provinces.

I'm starting to wonder if it's really worth it accessing the forums anymore. It's always busy! So now you know why there's a delay in the update...

[font=times_new_roman]ECUADOR as of 1848:
End of 2nd WAR and the Brazilio-Peruvian Intervention​
[/font]

Here were 5 years of economic depression.

It began as the last session ended: War with Colombia and their disgraceful allies, Venezuela.

Following his cabinet's suggestions, the Supreme Chief of Ecuador proceeded to isolate the enemy capitals, first Caracas (because most armies were already positioned near Venezuela) and then Bogota (which would be easier since only one province remained to acquire complete isolation.

The war was short and brutal. First came the Treaty of Caracas, which helped Ecuador regain some lost prestige...
treatyofcaracas.jpg

Then soon afterwards the Treaty of Medellin, which further revived world-wide renown for Ecuadorian glory...
treatyofmedellin.jpg

The war had taken its toll on the national economy, however, and it seemed the new coffee plantations would not make up for the loss of men and money.
But little did Presidente Rocketman care of this, for he could always print some more money after taking over the continent...
Instead, over the next two years he got together three new divisions of the glorious north andean culture and equipped with artillery as suggested by his entourage.

But Brazil, in her eternal arrogance, decided she didn't want Ecuador to be almost as big as she... Afeared for her decreasing power over the spanish-speaking countries around her... she declares WAR!
TheWaroftheAmazon.jpg

What arrogance, as the War of the Amazon commences. They only send 20000 men over the border and into Ecuadorian jungle, and so it becomes an easy task for the just mobilising Ecuadorian land forces to repel the intruders.

After a short while, the tables are turned; the aggressor becomes the aggressed as our glorious armies march into the vast expanses of Brazilian Jungle. More died in combat than of disease, mind you, for the Brazilian soldiers had been completely mobilised to the Ecuadorian front, and once their front lines had been sent packing the heart of the Amazonian rain forest was open for conquest.
therepercussionsofbraziliangreed.jpg

It was as Ecuador reached its peak of American occupation that the great Minister of Education and Archbishop of Quito was gravely wounded by some accursed indian magic, in the liver. Some heathens say it's because of the imported and conquered liquor and wine that the calamity occured, but we know better! Unfortunately, this meant that His Eminence Olifranc was required to return immediately to the capital of Ecuador to receive purging Quichua-medicinal treatment, leaving the Diocese de Quito Regiment over to his acolyte, a simple soldier now, without name nor leadership qualities. This man would continue leading the two divisions of the Diocese down from Brazil into Peru... for Peru had brutally joined Brazil in an alliance against us after the Brazilian aggression.

theheightofecuadorianoccupation.jpg

So Ecuador was left with two enemies; an almost conquered Brazil, and an invading and unstoppable (all Ecuador's armies were in the East) Peru, which had already attacked Santander.

In his rage, general Flores led the Division indigena de quito and two other (reserve) divisions into Peru from Olivenca. After conquering a mere three provinces (two pathway provs and Lima itself) Peru finally gave way to its natural superiors in the Treaty of Lima:

treatyoflima.jpg

But by this time the land being conquered by our 16 regiments was nowhere near the amount of land being "liberated" by the treacherous Brazilian armies (regular and rebel). And so, on Christmas, with 9 divisions at the very gates of Rio de Janeiro, Ecuador signed its most dishonourable peace treaty ever, gaining only two useless and inhospitable provinces.

themostdishonourablepeaceecuadorhas.jpg

***​

Now Ecuador was only barely recovering from its 30'000-pound debt. The great David the Terrible lost his hussar regiment somewhere off Belem, and for his trouble was given a 6-division army during the war, and (since these were reserve divisions) two regular infantry divisions afterwards.

Over time european (especially Eastern European) immigrants flocked to Ecuador Proper again, and soon investors provided for a brand new winery in Quito!

Over the last three years all neighbouring countries spent as many Diplomats as they could get on improving their relations with us. This included Colombia and Venezuela especially! It seems the world begins to know our name!

ECUADOR AS OF 1848

armypositions.jpg

z_everything.jpg

z_theworld.jpg

___===___===___===___

Any questions, please ask.

Now is the open session during which anyone may contribute to the rule of the next two to five years (depending on if we determine short or long-term plans).

This session closes Saturday at 00:00 (G.M.T.), which is the night the next session will be played out on my computer.
And updated. :D

===____===___===___===

Is our army using Claws or Jominian theory? Also, that Peru seems to be an excellent place for expansion. I think we should target it first and foremost from now on, as it'll give us more manpower. They're pretty tough though, so next time, lets try and keep them out of our territory as we push deeper into theirs, so we can get a better peace deal than three provinces.

WWWWWHHHAAATT ??
They got the sheriff ???
Errr hmm i meant, they got me ??
How outrageous ... those b*st*rds have no respect for a churchman.
I tell you, brothers, I am not dead ! At least, not yet ! Bring me a young venezuelian beauty and i 'll show you how alive I am !!
Nah; not a brazilian, coz' you never know if it's a guy or a girl before it eventually hurts your butt.

Sigh ...

I 'll be BACK !!
I demand a chimical analysis for that liquor, i bet we will find polonium in it ...

Presidente, as soon as i am back on my feet, I will ask for a new army to lead, Deus Vult !!

Last edited: