• We will be taking the forums down for scheduled maintenance on 12 August 2020 at approximately 3PM CDT (8PM UTC / 10PM CEST), this downtime is currently estimated to last around 1 hour.
  • Pre order now!

Paradox Development Studio brings you the sequel to one of the most popular strategy games ever made! Crusader Kings III is soon upon us and you can pre order it today!

Releasing September 1st 2020

Zavvnao

Recruit
29 Badges
Jul 12, 2014
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
Yes. I know that populations in space might be small compared to planet/space-building centers of living, but I feel a large enough empire should have some hint of their space-born and spacer populations.

An example would be if a species is wiped out in an empire or the galaxy, or grows wide-spread, there could be a chance for a pop or two to appear on one of your worlds or elsewhere, to make the galaxy feel more lived-in once everyone is bumping into each other.

Or if an extermination against a space-faring species is going on, a rare chance for an enemy army to appear one of your worlds, or a last-gasp attack event. To help sell the idea that you or the AI has pushed a species to the breaking point. Even more so against Forgotten Empires.

On the more economic or political side of things, I am sure migration routes or space-lanes used for centuries or thousands of years could easily influence economics, migrations, and the political power of parties. I am talking about more than just the migratory fleets that sell stuff.

Reactions: klopkr