• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RVallant

Captain
45 Badges
Feb 7, 2008
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Cities: Skylines
(Might be jumping the gun on the devs themselves here, sorry...)

https://blog.tyrannygame.com/2016/05/04/dev-diary-2-the-basic-game-systems/

I really like the idea that we'll be powerful out of the gate and that we can gain exp from talking and doing as opposed to just slicing things up like a psycho.

The attribute system will be interesting, and maybe this my own min/maxing being at fault here, but I can already see it'll be a bit difficult to have an intelligent sword-master, as we're going to have to dump into three or four stats to make them viable in the frontline on top of being a clever clogs. =(

I guess, it would be nice if intelligence wasn't always tied into magical prowess, and/or if intelligence was actually a generalist attribute that gave a bonus to everything - You got to have some smarts to operate a sword efficiently, not just technique and strength after all! >_>

Alas! I guess I'll probably go 'middle-of-the-road' all rounder with the aim of pumping the INT stat so I can be a conniving, scheming, evil guy. :)

How about you guys?

Peaceful options are per course for Obsidian, as anyone who played both NV and original Fallouts (from Interplay's, after all, many of Obsidian's dev team hail). Nothing like talking the leader of bad guys into committing a suicide by shattering his "ends justify the means" attitude.

Wow, I am really liking where they are going with this. They are really building on the great game they had with eternity.

Hm, I don't know about the decision to split dexterity into two different attributes and merge constitution and charisma into one. I could see the point in the former, but the latter seems weird, they're not really connected things.

It would be cool if having 2 certain skills high would allow to have some unique trait. Like archery + fire spells allows to cover all our arrows with extra fire. While having Greatsword and Command would unlock leading a charge or fear among the enemies.