• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

xxgodsmack

Corporal
45 Badges
Jun 9, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Hi,

So I more or less just updated DI:G to be compatible, (And include all of the new features) with TFH.

I have a few questions, however; (Generally nooby-questions)

1. Where in the user-modifications would I post this to? Just in that forums, or do I go into another sub-forum of the sub-forum?

2. I realized that if I just uploaded it, then I would more or less be giving away a free copy of DI:G (Which is a bad thing!), so, what are some ways I could make sure I'm only giving it away to people who actually own DI:G?

Just let Devildread release the compatible version. You can't upload it on the forums since it'd make it acessible for everyone either way, don't post it anywhere and just enjoy it yourself until a fully compatible version is made.

You have a few options:

1. Contact the original author via PM and offer him your work

2. Redo your update as a sub-mod, so you only include the files you change and not any of the original DI:G content such as the graphics files and so on. This is how the Vorwarts sub-mod for DI:G works - it is updated for 3.062 beta. You can then upload it in the user mods section.

I think that you better search contact with Darkrenown or Podcat becourse Devildread almost never visit the forum. Look to his logins last one is from 12 september. And Paradox did support DI:G so I think that this will be your best shot.

Alright, I will send;
Devildread, (Original creator)
Podcast, and Darkreknown (Mods) all messages related to this. If I don't get a response within, say, a week or two, I will upload only the parts of the DLC that I changed, along with a short little instructions thing explaining exactly what to do. I wonder when Devildread will get back to the forums, although, my bet is that he is probably doing something that is quite serious. Anyways, thanks guys.

Alright, I will send;
Devildread, (Original creator)
Podcast, and Darkreknown (Mods) all messages related to this. If I don't get a response within, say, a week or two, I will upload only the parts of the DLC that I changed, along with a short little instructions thing explaining exactly what to do. I wonder when Devildread will get back to the forums, although, my bet is that he is probably doing something that is quite serious. Anyways, thanks guys.

Devildread has posted a message in June or July that he has no more time left for the moment for Hearts of Iron becourse he is very busy with his work, has health issues etc...

Hi xxgodsmack,

This is great news! Have you seen what sosowo has done? link here I know sosowo includes a sub mod for DI:G in his conversion. Can you co-ordinate with him so we don't have too many conversion out there confusing people? Without an official version from Devildread I can see players confusion over which mod works with which. It would be alright if his version has Vorwärts Panzers and yours doesn't, but with the same core would really help people.

Thanks for your hard work!!

UPDATE; I got a reply from Devildread!!

He thanked me of course and was very nice about it all, and informed me of how his new job makes him to busy for paradox, (Which is both good and bad..)

At any rate, he told me to email him the updated version of it, and he will make it official.. So now, I just need to make sure everything is working fine, especially a bug I just found. Anyways, I'll post on here again when I think I have it all fixed.

Thank you Devildread, and thanks for the info xxgodsmack

We still love you, Devildread.

Edit: Also, all hail xxgodsmack, our new Lord and Saviour!

xxgodsmack, thank you for your time and effort in doing this
Heads up paradox developers, you really shouldn't let the customers do your job :glare:

Devildread, hope all goes better in your life so you can get back here , we need you :)

Hi,

So I more or less just updated DI:G to be compatible, (And include all of the new features) with TFH.

I have a few questions, however; (Generally nooby-questions)

1. Where in the user-modifications would I post this to? Just in that forums, or do I go into another sub-forum of the sub-forum?

2. I realized that if I just uploaded it, then I would more or less be giving away a free copy of DI:G (Which is a bad thing!), so, what are some ways I could make sure I'm only giving it away to people who actually own DI:G?
EG: You would need to make your "installer"(human or batch job) a copy of an installed DI:G into the \tfh\mod folder and then apply on this one your changes to make it compatible.
Alternatively with TFH you could just use the new features and just copy the DI:G mod and have a compatible mod wich is activated afterwards.
As with TFH you could build up on mods now, like a mod already builds up on the main game.

Team up with sosowo and/or mrsmith00 could ease the work. Bot work on submods for DI:G.

UPDATE; I got a reply from Devildread!!

He thanked me of course and was very nice about it all, and informed me of how his new job makes him to busy for paradox, (Which is both good and bad..)

At any rate, he told me to email him the updated version of it, and he will make it official.. So now, I just need to make sure everything is working fine, especially a bug I just found. Anyways, I'll post on here again when I think I have it all fixed.

Good news. :D
I was still waiting the official mod from you ,Devildread.
I make a submod not a pure DI:G. When the official patch released, I've remake vwp submod again. my job make me busy as same as Devildread. :rolleyes:

YES! The is extremely good news! Now, where is the darn DIG thread (I can't find it) so I can watch for TFH release? Can someone post it, please? - Rick

Any news about this?