• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Altruist

Colonel
10 Badges
Sep 13, 2011
  • Darkest Hour
  • Stellaris
Is there a specific reason why there is no wiki for DH like for HoI2?
Would be good to have one, wouldn't it?
The smaller the player base gets, the less active the forum, the more important IMHO to have a wiki to store important infos for new players (which still come in).

What about using the HoI2 wiki and expand on it with a section for DH?
Is there still anybody around with access/admin rights?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just going off of what I've read on discussion boards and seen on you-tube playthroughs, DH players overwhelmingly came from HOI2. Crazy to think we've been playing essentially the same game this many years.

Now DH is a whole new animal when it comes down to actual gameplay, but the "shell" is essentially the same (unit icons, research tree, mob/decisions tab are all new). From a how-to-operate this and that perspective, the games are so seamlessly related it's hard to differentiate and easy to transition between.

I think newer players still have a wealth of resources available to learn the game if they're new to it (i.e. non-HOI2 players). The dev-guides are still available as an example, in addition to this forum. At the end of the day, the HOI2 wiki is still valid.

Interested to know others thoughts, but I don't think there'd really be enough 'content' to warrant a dedicated wiki. I suppose if you wanted to wiki up the various mods available, that would be useful. Laborious, but useful.

I think (and don't quote me on this), that the wiki is actually kept live by Paradox itself. Not sure who has write/edit access to it, I'm sure a well placed PM could get you access. I've seen some of the DH devs still poking about from time to time here.

I think newer players still have a wealth of resources available to learn the game if they're new to it (i.e. non-HOI2 players). The dev-guides are still available as an example, in addition to this forum. At the end of the day, the HOI2 wiki is still valid.
The wealth of infos inthe dev diaries is overwhelming, much too long, and not sorted in any way... which is ok because it was never intended as a source for information for newbies or as a quick-to-lock-up source for players.
The HoI2 wiki... probably I am the one linking and refering to the HoI2 wiki the most and the reason I am doing this: there is no DH wiki with proper information about DH. And except for 2 articles: about repairs and TC, all other aren't correct for DH.

As a start a simple list of differences between DH and HoI2 would be already quite great. Here in the forum this list will sink down and be forgotten after a few weeks. Probably there has been already several threads and posts about exactly this topic... that's what a wiki is good in.

a simple list of differences between DH and HoI2 would be already quite great
You bring up a great point here as I honestly don't think I've ever run across a simple list of differences. This would be quite valuable.

Did some google-fu after reading your comment and stumbled across this video: HOI4 vs Darkest Hour

Pretty interesting to see a side by side comparison of the respective titles. Think there's a chance for a DH resurgence with all the new HOI4 players making the switch?

• 1Like
Reactions: