• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nick3210

Captain
1 Badges
Aug 7, 2013
  • Darkest Hour
It's impossible to achieve full historicity and realism in HOI
but we should try

International DH-Multiplayer Discord!
https://discord.gg/sP7rHmg
Join us! )

######################################################################

It's Old DH-Light Multiplayer Realism Mod

New topic with

Nick's WW2 Multiplayer Realism Mod for DH-Full
here:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/nicks-ww2-multiplayer-realism-mod.1229617/

########################################################################

Tech transfer to DH-Full have finished:

68afac3b1814.jpg

8c19817b0624.jpg

f4ba86e2970e.jpg

a2511bf9a9ab.jpg

8950f5782d8c.jpg

7efd2d631856.jpg

06a699966a73.jpg

2a9056d258ad.jpg

13ea19fc41ea.jpg

The most historical/realistic Mod in Hoi-2/3/4/5 Universe updated to 1.05 patch !

https://yadi.sk/d/MMYUtlF13QUBRq
("Скачать" button)

Check summ PNFA , for Darkest Hour v1.05.
Made in English and Russian languages.

09/14/2017

The most historical/realistic Mod in Hoi-2/3/4/5 Universe makes a new ambitious steps towards maximum of realism! :)

Download DH-Light Multiplayer Realism Mod v4.21 here:
https://yadi.sk/d/DQ6BVXPd3MvSca ("Скачать" button)
Check summ FFGV , for Darkest Hour v.1.04.

Short list of new improvements:
1. TOTAL rebalance of population, MP and IC! All countries (and their provinces) got very accurate/realistic population and IC
(excluding Latin America, it will be done later).

2. New, realistic concept of basic MP and MP growth! Realistic basic MP for all important countries.

3. Realistic location and amount of resources (Energy/Metal/Rares) in Asian provinces (from India to Phillipines).

4. Fundamentally new, much more realistic concept of american lend-lease to UK and to USSR!

5. More advanced concept of warships Armor (Sea Defense).
Now Sea Defense for all warships in Game depends not only from thickness of main armor,
but it also depends from armor's angle and from the bevel of armored deck.

6. More advanced concept of warship Attack. Now Sea Attack depends not only from weight of salvo per minute,
but also Armour Penetration and mass of Bursting Charge taken into account too.

7. Total, more accurate/historical rebalance of AntiAir, Range and Fuel Consumption for all ships.

8. New, much more realistic concept of Organisation of aircraft carriers!
Now basic Organisation of aircraft carriers depends from a lot of important factors:
armored flying deck, size, AntiAir power, radar, number of fighters, number of spare aircraft.

Now Game have 14 (!) unique historical types of air carriers with individual characteristics.
Also there are 17 (!) unique historical types of WW2-battleships with individual characteristics.

9. New event The Tizard Mission and accordingly two additional new radar-AntiAir technologies:
Radar Targeting and Variable Time Fuzes.

10. New technology line - Aircraft Engines and Engine Assembly Line technology.

11. Fundamentally new, much more realistic concept of Division technologies!
Now "weapon" tech teams research Weapon only! Division types (Division's Staff) researched by Generals or by General Headquarters!

12. A large number of other improvements and new events.

############################################################################

04/13/2016

The most historical/realistic mod in Hoi-2/3/4/5 universe has been updated to 1.04 patch :)

Download DH-Light Multiplayer Realism Mod v4.18 here:
https://yadi.sk/d/ZTxu-F6aqwFEC
Check summ RWHG

New!!!
Two powerful breakthrough on the way to historicity/realism in HOI !

1. Characteristics and classification of ships has reached its top!
Now ships have different Hit Points (STR) and ORG, that depends on their armor.

Cruisers: 80-100 HP
Battlecruisers: 105-120 HP
Battleships: 120-135 HP
Sub/DD: 100 HP (because 3 in one unit = 33 HP * 3)

Start your HOI and look at Yamato. If it have 100 STR, I'm sorry, but it's not Yamato, it's fake :D
My Yamato have 160 STR and it's real YAMATO, he-he.
New HP-conception already has been tested in two big multiplayer games and it's cool!

And, of cause, all the other warship characteristics in my mod much more correct (historical) than even in the "World Of Warships" game.

07956f018b58.jpg

2. Historical world oil consumption/production!
Oil is the blood of war and must be implemented in game historically!

New realistic world oil model incorporated:

1) Realistic civilian oil consumption for all countries.
2) Realistic civilian war-time oil consumptionin for key countries.
3) Historical world crude oil production for all countries.
4) Concessions! It's no matter how much oil have your land, it's matter who is owner of your oil - you or anglo-saxon robbers :D
5) Old unrealistic "energy_to_oil" mechanics is switched off. Only ENG and GER have synthetic fuel plants. Only GER can historically build new synthetic fuel plants.
6) GER and ITA historically produce some alcohol fuel (from supplies).

All calculations made according to 1930-40 technologies of oil refining.
2 droplets of game oil = 200 tonns of cruide oil = 1 droplet + 1 droplet = 1 (100 tonns of fuel oil) + 1 (40 tonns of light fuel)
1 droplet of game oil = OR 100 tonns of crude oil, OR 100 tonns of fuel oil (ship's fuel oil), OR 40 tonns of light fuel (gasoline/diesel for Land and Air units).

Fuel consumption of each warship calculated very accurately (for 60% of Max possible speed).
Fuel consumption calculating of land units based on Polish and French companies of Wehrmacht and on the amount of vehicles in divisions.

bf74f6bbd284.png

And over hundred other improvements of multiplayer balance and historicity, including correctly made old USA and Japan infantry division of "squared" formation (over 100 STR), correct cavalry units made as cavalry corps with two cavalry divisions in one unit (6700+6700=13400 man = unit with 100 STR) and so on.

2013-2015

Now I want to present my DH-Light Multiplayer Realism Mod for 1936 scenario :)

New!!! In 3.11 version added 01.01.1938- multiplayer scenario!

Download here:

https://yadi.sk/d/7yAJGVwTpMjMF

(3.17 version, 2016)

Only for Darkest Hour 1.03 version!

Very high historical quality of OOB, Navy classification and characteristics, tech teams, leaders and so on.

______________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________

You have two variants - excellent russian or terrible english. Sorry, but I decided to choose the second variant :)

Why DH-Light??! DH-Full is better! It has more original features! All around playing in DH-Full!

Yes, I agree, DH-Full is more improved. And there are only one reason to play in DH-Light for me, but very important reason for such crazy orthodox gamers like me :)
This reason is – MAP.

I play only DH-Light because I don’t like modern maps with big number of small provinces. I like when provinces are bigger than unit icons and I can see this provinces under units ;)
I like when there are no such microscopical provinces like “Dubrovnik”, “Danzig”, “Znojmo” and much other and I like when there are no so terrible boxes on map like Malta an other islands.

Also, I don’t like too long and boring games, I like hard and fast games. It’s easy axiom: “More provinces – longer game”.
For example, I heard that Big multiplayer game (10-14 players) on HOI3-map, takes about 3 real hours for 3 war-time weeks.
The Big multiplayer game on DH-Light map in our HOI2-community takes 3 real hours for 4 war-time month!
Of course I prefer variant with more “fast” map in multiplayer – it allows to play more mp-games per year and correspondingly more games = more fun.

So, my mod is for such crazy orthodox gamers like me, who like old orthodox map.

And another reason - tech tree. It is axiom - any universal thing worse than specialized thing.
DH Light use specially 2WW tech tree. DH Full forced to use universal tech tree for both 1WW and 2WW. So DH Light tech tree is better for 2WW scenarios, it have not much excess techs from 1WW but have much techs for 2WW.

What does it mean “Multiplayer Mod”?

It means 2 main factors: good MP balance and no “human vs AI wars” before 01.09.1939.

1.MP balance.

Last 3 years I play only multiplayer. Because it’s 100 times more interesting than single.
And if you have mp-experience you know that it is impossible to play good Big mp-games and have much fun if you will use standard single mods for it. Because standard single mods have standard single balance and absolutely have not mp-balance.
It means that Axis will loose 90% games in Big (10-14 players) game. Yes it’s historically, but it is not good for fun. For good fun both sides must have equal chances to win. By this reason all big mp-communities needs to use own mp-mods with more good mp-balance (and every MP-community sure that only their MP-mod is the best :).

So, what is the main problem in mp-balance?

Our mp-community have a big experience more then 30 Big mp-games and by our mind the main mp-balance problem is:
USA economic in 1941 is much times stronger then Japan economic in 1941.
Yes it’s absolutely realistic but by this reason Axis can never win.

There are 2 ways to fix it for good mp-balance. Nerf USA or boost Japan. We prefer don’t nerf USA but we boost Japan (and M-cuo) very much. These 2 human-playable countries in our mp-balance are very strong, they are unreal monsters, it’s absolutely unhistorical, but instead, we have excellent balance for the Big mp-game and Axis have equal chances to win.

Also SKA and middle East have a little more resources. This is necessary for Axis.
Allies's economic victory is not so pleasant as а true military victory ;)

2. “No human vs AI wars” conception.

When 10-14 gamers gather together, they do it to have fun by fighting against human intellect! There are absolutely no any interest to kill AI Ethiopia, AI Spain and AI China in mp-game. If you want to kill AI – you can do it in single ;)
When there are no AI-wars in peace time (1936-1939) – game runs faster! It is very important factor for fun!
It is not good when 12 players needs to endure a low game speed and pauses, while Japan and Manchuria annex AI-China in 1937-38. (I’m sorry for China, but by our mind in Big mp-game China and France must be AI, otherwise Axis will never win!).

So, my mp-Mod have no Italy-Ethiopia war, Spain Civil war and Japan-China war.
Japan-China war made as 2 annex events in 1938 and in 1940. When I told that eastern Axis in my Mod is very unhistorical and is very strong (for good mp-balance) I mean this. I never seen that HumInt Japan and M-cuo can’t annex AI China, But when Japan build army to win this war (instead military plants) Axis never win. So, annexing of AI-China by events simply simulate standard mp-reality without slow and uninteresting war against AI and make excellent mp-balance.
Since our mp-community had implemented this concept, our mp-games became more faster and more pleasure.

But why your Mod named “Realism” if you use such unhistorical method of game balance?!

Don’t worry. Annexing China by events is the only unhistorical thing in this Mod :)
I like high historicity in HOI very much and I try to make it better as possible.
I don’t pretend for total realism because it needs a lot of work, but I concentrated my efforts in some of the important aspects of game and made them very deeply and thoroughly. I hope you will like high historicity in results of this work.

But at first I will say which 3 things you can’t find in my Mod:

There are no much new historical events in my Mod. Yes, I like mods with much historical events, but only in single game. It’s like a book of history and it is very good and informative. But much event windows is not good for multiplayer game. But much old events was changed for better historicity or for good mp-balance.

There are no beautiful and bright images of units in my mod. Just because I prefer to use standard monochrome icons of units in multiplayer.

And there are no new type of units in my Mod. I don't see the need to create many new historical units in multiplayer (such as the SS-units and other) because it’s much more important to make profitable and playable those units that are already in game. (In original DH-light more then 50% of units are unprofitable and unplayable)

And now – what is good in my Mod.

1. Navy! Ships is my main pride! A huge number of epic unhistorical mistakes in ship classes and ship charasteristics in all HOI games what I have seen, was the main reason compelled me to make it myself and make my own mod with true ships, with really historical classes and stats.
The big text about the correct concept of ship simulation in my mod will be in the next post below it.

2. Aircraft.
Aircraft in my mod is not so total realistic as ships (it’s impossible because true historical Aircraft classification and simulation is more difficult task then Naval classification and simulation) but I made a big work and Aircraft are very historical as possible.
I fixed much epic unhistorical mistakes (like antibomber “Interceptor” bonus), fixed classes, stats and cost of all planes and made very precise historical specialization of all real air tech teams.

42d56fee5803.png
The big text about the correct concept of Aircraft simulation in my mod will be in the next post below it.

3. Land Units.
As I said before, I prefer not make new unit types in game but make all original units profitable and playable. As I said in original DH-light more then 50% of units/brigades are unprofitable and unplayable.
I fixed it. All Land units and brigades in my Mod are balanced by “Cost/Power” coefficient. It’s main factor for profitable and playable of all units and I use this principle for Naval and Aircraft units too.
So I guarantee that 90% of all units in my mod are not only have historical classes and stats, but they are profitable and playable and there are no any imba-units.
All tables with unit stats and “Cost/Power” coefficients you can see in next posts below.

4. I want to have true historical OOBs on 01.01.1936 for all mp-playable countries, but it is big and hard work.
Now my mod have good historicity in USSR and Germany OOBs, in all tank divisions/brigades in the world (do you believe that Mongolia had one own tank brigade? :laugh: ) and in 6 main fleets (Ger, Italy, Jap, UK, USA, Fra) on 01.01.1936.
All other OOB’s are same as in DH-Light, so they are not very correct. It is not easy for me to find right info about other countries OOBs. But when I learn something new I fix mistakes in DH-light OOBs.

So, If you want to play classic multiplayer duel Germany – USSR, my mod is the best for it, because (at this moment) only my mod have true historical RED ARMY on 01.01.1936 and therefore true historical atmosphere.
(My studies of the Soviet OOB’s I writed here:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?711186-True-historical-Red-Army-on-01.01.1936)

I have experience more then 20 Germany-USSR MP-duels and I guarantee good mp-balance for this classic duel in my Mod.

5. I used new tech component icons from DH full. So, all Naval and Air tech teams are very exact, and other tech teams have not bad exactness.
01560b4a50a0.png

6. And much other changes in my mod.
More correct skills for main ministers of USSR and Germany.
Correct and logical CGN-ministers concept for all CGN-ministers.
More true skills of sov generals.
The new historical USSR have -20% IC antibonus in peace time for good multiplayer balance.
True historical Germany bonuses from Austria and Czechoslovakia events.
Some changes in tech years and in tech links. (I didn’t change graphical links between techs, it’s so lasy and hard for me)
Of course much changes in “misc” and “modifiers” files for good gameplay.
Much changes in doctrine’s bonuses.

And much much other what I have forgot now :)

It was a big job and of course I could make mistakes. Tell me if found, I’ll fix it.

All changes made in Russian and in English. Other languages have old (not correct) tech names, class names, model names and other.

Standart human playable contries for good balance in Big mp-game in MP-Mod are:
Ger, Ita, Spa, Hun, Rom, Jap, Man-cuo against UK, Kan, Astrl, S Afr, USA, Sov, Mong.

Fra and China must be AI in Big MP-game!
I made new tech teams (with new DH Full icons) ONLY for mp-playable countries!
I changed only 1936-1945 units. Later units as 1951-units I don't changed, because 80% mp-games end in 1942.

P.S.
Besides Big mp-games I like to play Germany-USSR duels, so if you have good mp-experience and want to test this duel on my Mod – write me. I like new opponents it’s interesting.
And if any mp-community will want to play this mod in Big MP-game, call me too :)

Last edited:
Navy simulation!

I think you are already tired from my terrible English and so I suggest a little rest to your eyes :)
I invite you to read at First this excellent post in good English about real Navy and typical mistakes of Navy simulation in HOI.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?621475-Improving-the-Classification-of-Warships

When I saw this post I was very glad that not only me have the same thoughts and ideas about Navy in reality and Navy simulation in HOI. I totally agree with 90% of this post!

So, what is the main mistake in Navy simulation in HOI?

The main mistake in Navy simulation is to use this principle: “more modern ship = more damage power, more firing range, more armor, more speed, more ALL!”
This principle is good for Land forces and Aircraft simulation. But it is epic fail for Navy simulation. Because Navy evolution was very compromise and not so direct! Because there were politics and international treaties.

So, when we make Navy classification for HOI we should look not only at the year of the ship construction but we should look for his real stats! And for the correct classification, the real stats of the ship is much more important than the year of his construction!

For example, battle cruisers can not be classified correctly only by the year of construction! Because there's the great “Hood”! Built in the 1920 (!) year he was stronger than all old and all modern battle cruisers in world even in the 1941 year! So, battle cruisers need any different classification system, not only by year of construction.
In my Mod, I use battle cruisers classification by... displacement!
And by my opinion this is a very correct way to simulate early battle cruisers in HOI2.

I use next battle cruiser classes:

1 lvl. Old Armored Cruisers (Schleswig/ San Giorgio)
2 lvl. 30 tonnes battle cruiser (Giulio Cesare. After upgrade this 4 old battleships got stats like true 2 lvl battle cruisers.
3 lvl . 40 tonnes battle cruiser (Dunkerque/ Scharnhorst/ Renown(upgr)/ Kongo(upgr))
4 lvl . 50 tonnes battle cruiser (Hood)
5 lvl . 1941-year battle cruiser (Alaska)

So in my Mod Hood is 4-lvl (!) battle cruiser (50 tonnes) and it is stronger all other battle cruiser 1, 2 and 3 lvls. And Hood have much more (!) sea damage and armor than 5-lvl Alaska-41, but not so high speed.
And it’s really the total realism and total historicity in Navy simulation.
Hood is a very good check for historicity in Navy simulation.

There are 2 very sad epic fails in Navy simulation which are good check of historicity and realism in game.

1. Hood-Bismarck-Colorado stats
2. Deutschland-Hipper stats

Look at these ships in your game.

Have Hood and Bismarck equal sea attack?
Is Colorado sea attack higher than Bismarck sea attack?
Is Deutschland sea attack much more higher than Hipper sea attack?

If you answered is NO, I’m sorry, but there are very few historicity and realism in Navy in your game, your game use not correct concept of Navy simulation if it have so epic fails and I sure that very much other ships in your game have unrealistic stats too.

Sorry for any excessive emotionality. I am really very sad when I see these traditional mistakes in HOI games.

But getting ahead of myself… Let’s come back.

Let’s speak about main ship characteristics which we will use for correct and historical Navy simulation.

By my mind the main real ship characteristics for good Navy simulation in HOI are:

1. Main caliber (or quantity of cag)
2. Quantity of main caliber cannons
3. Main armor
4. Max speed
5. Full displacement

There are much factors affecting for sea damage in reality: main caliber , quantity of main caliber cannons, length of cannons, depreciation of cannons, type of shells, the quality of shells, the quality of the explosives, the quality of the targeting system, artillery not main caliber, amount of Vodka in ship’s Captain blood and many other factors.

But our game not named “World Of Battleships” our game named HOI.
So, by my mind, it is enough to use only 2 key damage factors for a good Naval simulation in HOI: Main caliber (or quantity of cag) and quantity of main caliber cannons.
(length of cannons is important factors too and we will use it for battleships with not standart (more high) cannons length, like “South Dakota”, “Iowa” and “Yamato”)

Real values of Main armor we will use for correct simulation of Attack/Defence (0.8 or 0.6 coefficient)

“Max speed” is abstraction because the actual maximum speed is about 2-3 knots lower than “Max possible speed in favorable environment” indicated in the Navy reference books. But for our convenience we will use this not very actual but official maximum speed from Navy reference books.
As I know, speed is the most important parameter for the battle between surface vessels and carriers in HOI2 battle mechanic. So, we will optimize it if there will be the threat of imbalance. Speed is very important thing for sea battle mechanics.

And Full displacement will help us for correct ships classification too.

I studied a lot of information about each ship in 2WW and systematized main typical ships in the table, according to their main battle parameters:

1160a7cdc0d6.png

And now we define average stats values for each class of ships for next simulation in HOI:

2f5b3fa3b1bc.png

And what interesting we can see in this tables?

1. Old 3-lvl battleships have more big cannons and more armor than new 4-lvl battleships! 2-lvl and 4-lvl battleships have equal cannons! So old start superdreadnoughts are no so bad as in HOI ;) They have low speed, but high fire power.
And we must not ignore this real fact! If we pretend for historicity, we must simulate it as it is!

2. You can see the original separate class “Hitler’s pocket battleships”. It is 4 lvl of heavy cruisers and only Germany have this tech from game start in my mod. Are there any mods with true realistic “pocket battleships” characteristics? ;)

3. Next, 5-lvl heavy cruiser class is High Speed Cruisers with extremely high speed 34 knots (Takao/ Mogami/ Baltimore)
Japan built it already in 1936 and the USA built it 1941. So in my mod it is technology of 41 year, Japan has it already from the start (!), USA has this blueprint and all other countries should teach it hardly.

4. You can see original separate 4-lvl class of Japan’s Light High Speed Carriers with extremely high speed 34 knots (Soryu and more later Shokaku).
So, only two classes have such high speed: 5-lvl High Speed Heavy Cruisers and 4-lvl High Speed Light Carriers.

5. Cruisers have equal main caliber! Yes, it's Washington's treaty. So Cruisers can have different sea attack (number of cannons) but must have equal fire distance!

Here is the screen from game for all ship classes:

3c3b361de51f.png

You can see that my tech trees have some independent parallel technologies.
Pocket battleships or submarines with hydroplane were uncommon and you can learning next techs without them.

You don’t see separate tech tree for DH-Light “Light Carriers”. It is ugly bastards and these “ships” must die! These ships are not true Light Carriers because they can’t fighting as carriers (no cags). And they are not convoy carriers because there are already convoy carriers in the game (invisible escorts). These ugly bastards absolutely do not needed in game.

There were 3 main type of carriers in reality:
Heavy (much cag, high speed)
Light (less cag, high speed)
Convoy Escort (less cag and slow speed about 20 knots)

And all this types implemented in my mod. And all start “Light Carriers” changed to true early carriers with cag brigades.

Where are separate "Illustrious"-class in your shit mod?!!!
Sorry, I don't see the need to implement these unusual carriers because they would be completely helpless in the mechanics of the game.
I do not argue, in reality they were good.
But in HOI2 battle mechanic, carriers with heavy armored deck (high seadefence value) but with not very high speed (30 knots) and with not much cag (low attack value) are completely helpless. Nowbody will use it in myltiplayer game if he want to win. So I didn’t implement this separate class like I did it for Pocket Battleships or for Japan’s extremely high speed ships.

Why are you ignoring strong and extremely high speed Italy light cruisers?!!

Sory but it’s Mediterranean cruisers. I tried to base my Navy classification on true ocean ships from main ocean fleets.

And now let’s simulate real ship’s characteristics in DH-light values! And not from skies but from real ships!

We will use next postulates for it. (And don’t ask me how I calculated this postulates it was hard work :)

1. “Sea Attack” parameter depends only on the main caliber and quantity of main caliber cannons.
For big ships, change on 1 caliber (about 25 mm step) = change on 2 Sea Attack.

2. “Max firing distance” parameter depends only on the main caliber! (not from sea attack value! 8 canon’s ship and 12 canon’s ship with equal main caliber have different sea damage but equal max firing distance!!)
Change on 1 caliber = change on 2 firing distance

3. “Sea Defense” parameter depends on ship’s main armor.
For big ships, change main armor on 1 “caliber” (about 25 mm step) = change on 2 Sea Defense.
For small ships, 1-2 Sea Defense.

4. Only ships with such: 152/127, 380/330, 406/356 good proportions of Main Caliber/Main Armor can be classificated as Battleships. These proportions were considered as sufficient protection for Battleships.
So, we will simulate it as “Battleship Sea Attack” value = “Battle Sea Defense” value. As I understand if Attack = Defense (when battleship fighting against another battleship), they use 0.8 coefficient for damage (“defense left” in misc file).
All other ships classes have defense lower their attack.

5. The origin of coordinates, The reference point in our work will be Hood and Bismarck!
Because it is very convenient, because these ships have the same main caliber and quantity of main cannons, but belong to different ship classes! So, If we will implement Hood and Bismarck characteristics correctly, we will get true characteristic correlation for all other battleships and cruisers in game!
So, the exact implementation of Hood and Bismarck is the most important thing for exact implementation of all other ships.

So, The origin of coordinates is:
Bismarck sea attack = Hood sea attack = 8x380 mm main cannons = 20
Bismarck sea defense = Bismarck sea attack = 20 = 330 mm main armor
Hood sea defense = 330 mm – 25 mm = 305 mm = 20 – 2 = 18
Bismarck max firing distance = Hood max firing distance = 36

Characteristic of all other ships we will count from this reference points.

6. Cost of every ship we will balance by Cost/Power parameter.
We will use principle: change 1 sea attack, or 2 fire distance, or 2 sea defense, or critical change of speed = change about 1 point of Cost/Power for each.
Fore example:
Bismarck Cost/Power = 29
Hood Cost/Power = 29
Because Bismarck has 2 sea defense more but Hood have 2 speed more.

This principle do not guarantee true historical cost proportions, but guarantee good gameplay, good profitability for all ships and no imba-units.

Here is the final table with ship stats:

2b73d6d0d905.png

Destroyer’s levels made by USA destroyers, because only USA had so much destroyers of all levels.

Carrier’s sea attack, cost and Cost/Power include KAG-41 parametres for all Carrier’s levels.
You can see that cruisers, destroyers and submarines have main caliber = const and therefore max firing distance = const.
It’s really historically correct and it very good for gameplay. Now old destroyers can fighting against modern submarines. In old system they had lower firing distance and could not fighting and it was absurd.

Min anti air defense = 24, because there are 12-airunit stacks in my mod and non-professional airplanes (tacticals) have 2 sea attack. As I understand, air stack likes to attack 1 most damaged ship in all fleet. So 12 x 2 = 24

Air Attack depends only on displacement! It's absurd when light cruisers have more Air attack than big ships as in HOI2!
In real WW2 history, more displacement = more antiair guns! And it's logically.

Cruisers (CA/CL) have 20% night bonus, it simulate night torpedos attacks and made these ships more gameplayable. And they have doctrine's bonuses! In HOI2 all ships have doctrine bonuses but only CA/CL havn't :wacko:

And night attack = night defense for all ships!!! It's absurd if one fleet have -50% (!) night antibonus but other fleet haven't it and it depends only on Random (who is first in sea-province)! Sea is not land!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Then I checked all 6 main fleets in game for true historicity on 01.01.1936.
I was very surprised but developers have forgotten no one ship in DH-Light! It’s really good work, respect!
Probably we used the identical Navy reference books :)
But it was forgotten much “under construction” ships. And there are some mistakes in ship classes (according my table).

So I fixed all these mistakes by this table:

c8607167e16e.png
And I gave 3 forgotten cruisers to Spa.

I am totally convinced that modernization and repair of ships should not be simulated as “under construction” ship in construction window!
If ship is in “under construction” window we can’t use it! And can’t sell it! It’s not good!
Modernization or repair of ships should be simulated as “repair” (% HP)

Yellow color and % HP in table - new under construction ships
Also % HP can be - modernization
Green – level up
Red – level down

Hood have 60% HP – major overhaul of his steam engines. (Hood never was on major overhaul since 1920, so his steam engines was much worn, so Hood have max speed much lower that in 1920 and IMHO it was important reason why Hood was needed to fight against more armored Bismarck, Hood couldn’t run away at a safe distance.)
But in my mod, gamers have the opportunity to repair Hood’s steam engines back to his 31 knot and run away from Bismarck and save thousand of English lifes ;)
Are there any mods where you can repair Hood’s steam engines? :laugh:

All this excel tables attached to my mod.

Start techs on 01.01.36 and blueprints:
9ecd92954d57.png

Last edited:
Aircraft simulation!

1. First of all I fixed the old HOI2 epic mistake with 40% antibomber bonus for “interceptors”.
“Interceptors” is not good term for HOI2 Aircraft simulation, I sure this term is the main reason of this mistake in HOI2.

In real history very different classes of planes used as “bomber Interceptors” – heavy fighters, light fighters, 2-engine escourt fighters…. cas and bombers!
But if we will use IL-2 as bomber interceptor, it will not become “interceptor”, it stay cas!
So, Interceptors is very bad term for aircraft simulation and there are no “Interceptors” in my mod!

I use only Light Fighter class (Spitfire, Me-109) and Heavy Fighter class (Hurricane, FW-190)
Light Fighters – higher speed, higher maneuverability, lower range (In DH they named “Interceptors”)
Heavy Fighter – bigger guns, higher range, lower speed, lower manoeuvrability (In DH they named “multirole Fighters”)

Light Fighters was stronger all other plane classes in fight.
But it’s absolute fact (The battle of Britain and much other), exactly Heavy Fighters was better against bombers, not Light Fighters! Because they had more power guns!
So, exactly Heavy Fighters must have “antibomber bonus” not Light Fighters (“Interceptors” in DH-Light)!

Because there is no “multirole fighter antibomber bonus” command in misc-file, I was needed to use “Interceptor antibomber bonus” command and I install it “-30%”, not “+40%” !!!
So, in my Mod, Spitfire has 2 “air attack” more than Hurricane, but Hurricane is better against bombers because Spitfire has -30% antibonus agains bombers. And it's true realism.

And I hope, in next patches, this epic mistake will be fixed, and “multirole fighter antibomber bonus” command eventually will added in misc-file ;)

Also, I made night bonus to Heavy Fighters in “modifier” file and in air doctrines (In DH-Light, Interceptors have more night defense and more night attack). So both of this planes are gameplayble. LF – stronger but have short range. HF – have longer range, and not bad in night battles and against bombers.

2. I made realistic tech teems specializations. I used for it new tech component icons from DH-Full.
My base principles of tech components:

Red “plane” icons – the main role of plane. What it will be – Fighter or Bomber.
Blue “plane” icons – 1 or 2-4 engine plane configuration
Ammunition icon – air machine guns (for Light Fighters and Bombers)
Artillery icon – air cannons (for Heavy Fighters and later CAS))
Navigation icon - unique component for Navals
Avionics icon – aircraft armor (for Strategs and later CAS)
Rocket icon – jet engine or jet shells

This concept allowed me done very precise historical specialization of all famous air tech teams! I sure you would like it.

60c1e6874873.png

3. It is impossible to simulate realistic cost proportions in Navy or Land divisions simulation. But it is possible for Aircraft simulation and I made realistic cost proportions for air units!

I found and used info about cost of serial mass USA planes for it:

USAAF Air Technical Service Command

Bell P-39 Airacobra:
1939-1941 - 77 159 $
1942-1943 - 69 534 $
1943-1944 - 50 666 $

Bell P-63 Kingcobra:
1942 - 60 277 $
1943 - 57379 $
1944 - 59 966 $
1945 - 65 914 $

Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress:
1939-1941 - 301 221 $
1942-1943 - 258 040$
1944 - 204 370 $
1945 - 187 762 $

Boeing B-29 Superfortress:
1942-1943 - 893 730 $
1944 - 605 360 $
1945 - 509 465 $

Consolidated B-24 Liberator:
1939-1941 - 379 162 $
1942-1943 - 304 391 $
1944-1945 - 215 516 $

Consolidated B-32 Dominator:
1942-1943 - 790 433 $
1944-1945 - 790 433 $

Curtiss P-40 Warhawk:
1939-1941 - 60 562 $
1942 - 59 444 $
1943 - 49 449 $
1944 - 44 892 $

Douglas A-20 Havoc\Boston:
1939-1941 - 136 813 $
1942 - 124 253 $
1943 - 110 324 $
1944 - 100 800 $

Lockheed P-38 Lightning:
1939-1941 - 134 284 $
1942 - 120 407 $
1943 - 105 567 $
1944 - 97 147 $

North American P-51 Mustang:
1942 - 58 698 $
1943 - 58 824 $
1944 - 51 572 $
1945 - 50 985 $

Republic P-47 Thunderbolt
1939-1941 - 113 246 $
1942 - 105 594 $
1943 - 104 258 $
1944 - 85 578 $
1945 - 83 001 $

We can see next main proportion from this info:

1-engine Fighter, 2 600 kg = 50 000$
2-engine Lockheed P-38 Lightning, 6 000 kg = 100 000$
4-engine Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, 12 000 kg = 200 000$
4-engine B-29 Superfortress, 32 000 kg = 500 000$

It will be control points in our Aircraft cost simulation.
And from this info, we can see, that plane cost is proportional to the plane weight (who doubted?)
So, it is very important to use weight of real plane models for correct (realistic) cost proportions in Aircraft simulation. Not take cost values from skies!

For example.
In my Mod, all air units = 150 planes, Spitfire-unit (2300 kg) cost = 1 800 IC, He-111-unit (5900 kg) cost = 3200 IC, B-29 Superfortress-unit (32000 kg) cost = 17 500 (!) IC and it has 12 (!) times more strategic damage than He-111. And it is good realism in cost and damage proportions.

As with Navy, I compiled the technical characteristics of aircraft classes in the table.
Aircraft is more subjective thing than Navy, so, somebody can not agree with my classification. And it’s normal.
But I tried to be objective and to choose really optimal plane models of their classes for simulation of technical characteristics.

Here is my table with plane stats in my DH-light Mod:

feda11b4562d.png

I used next principles in my simulation:

100 kg bomb weight = 1 strategic attack for all classes of planes (Yes, CAS have strat attack in my Mod! It can take one 500kg bomb!)

For strategs – 1 strat att = ½ soft att = 1/ 4 hard att
For tacticals – 1 strat att = 1 soft att = ½ hard att

You can see, that I very carefully made the attack/defence balance between different classes. Also between Bombers + Escorts and Fighters.
Now Escorts are really expensive (and it’s true and realistic, not so absurdly cheap as in HOI2), but they really make bombers stronger.
2-enginee escort weighting 3200 kg can’t be cheaper than 1-engine Fighter weighting 1800 kg!!!

Also you can see, that Cost/Power coefficient for all planes is OK! My realistic cost proportions don’t crash the game balance, but make it better! All planes are game-playable and more realistic.

1944 tech and 1944 Turbojet tech are parallel. You can learn them simultaneously. (if you have tech teems for it)

Now FAU is 3 times more expensive than in HOI2 and now is not so cheap imba.

Main majors have their race blueprints.

In my Mod no one country in the world have strat Bombers on 01.01.1936.
All 600 soviet 4-engine monoplanes TB-3 simulated as 4 transport units.
And may be UK had some “strategic” squadrons, but…. UK had no one (!) true strategic bomber in this squadrons. The first English true serial strat Bomber was build only in 1940.

The biggest English bomber on 01.01.1936, 2-engine biplane Handley Page Heyford (1100 kg bomb weight, 1480 km range) is heavy night bomber, but not true strategic bomber.
Sorry, but 50 obsolete heavy biplanes is it too few for separate strat bomber unit in HOI.
UK strat bombers is epic mistake in 01.01.36 scenario.

So, USSR and UK have not strat Bombers in my mod, they have only tactical bombers!

Max range of strateg bombers I made by real Air longe-range operations. I looked range on HOI map from real PO islands bases to JAP (for B-29) or from N Afr to ROM (for Liberators) and other long-range operations. So strat bobmbers range and H Fighter-44 (Mustang) range is very historically adopted for HOI2 map.

Last edited:
Land units and all other.

In original DH-Light more than 50% of units and brigades are unprofitable and unplayable in multiplayer game because they have too bad Cost/Power coefficients.
So I didn’t made any new units in my Mod, but I balanced original units to make all of them profitable and playable.

This is the tables with unit and brigades stats in my Mod:

8d282f57a276.png
a19c4582b130.png
Light tanks now is not a cheat, because they can’t upgrade in to middle tanks, as in DH-Light.
But light tank is good unit for 39-40 years.
Also, Cavalry and Mountains now are profitable and playable, not such bad as in HOI2.

Cavalry stats and levels must be historically, not as in original DH Light!
In my mod I use cavalry levels:

1. Basic Cavalry 1936. No armored or very few tankettes and armored cars. Softness 100% (Poland-39 and all other)
2. Motorized Cavalry 1938. 60 tankettes and armored cars. Softness 95%(France-39)
3. Mechanized Cavalry 1940. 64 light tanks. Softness 90% (Soviet Russia-1936)
4. Armored Cavalry 1942. 23 middle tanks (T-34) and 16 advanced light tanks (T-50). Softness 85% (Soviet Russia-1942)

You can see that now all units and brigades have adequate stats and Cost/Power coefficients.
(In my calculations, 1 “Power” = 1 attack = 5 org = 10 moral )

You can see that all brigades are profitable and playable and every brigade has a unique specification.

Now brigades learn easier. No learning much parallel techs. It’s good for gameplay and diversity of brigades. It’s very boring when there are only one imba-brigade in game, as arm_car in HOI2 and all gamers use only it.

Tech component Icons
It's very sad that DH Full have not separate "armored steel" icon. This component is important for armored unit simulation.
Mechanics icon in HOI used as Mechanics or as Armor.
So, I used Mechanics icon as "armored steel" and "technical_efficiency" icon as "Mechanics".

84da6ced5392.png

About CGN-ministers epic mistake

What is “Consumer Goods” in real life?
IT IS LIFE LEVEL in country!

If CG is high – Life Level is high!
Ig CG is low – Life Level is low!
CG = LL!
LL = CG!

Understand me? It’s easy axiom!

If CG is high – people have much eat, clothes, coca-cola, iphones and Volkswagens.
Yes, like in Europe!
If CG is low – people have not much eat, not much good clothes and have no coca-cola, iphones and Volkswagens.
Yes, like in USSR!

And it is implemented in HOI, Free market countries have “+” bonus for CG and CP-countries have “-“ antibonus for CG.
And it is absolutely correct, realistic and logical!

But all CGN-ministers in game are absolutely incorrect!
All “bad guys”-ministers give “+” to CG = they give “+” for LIFE LEVEL in country. :wacko:
And all “good guys”-ministers give “-“ to CG = they make own people poor, they make down Life Level in their country! :wacko:
It is full absurd!

Let’s look at "crime fighter"-minister.
Is he a good guy? Yes, of cause!
But in HOI he is very bad guy, he have -10% to CG = -10% to Life level in country! :wacko:

Let’s think which correct bonuses must have "crime fighter"-minister?

He won all crime in country! This means that criminals do not steal, do not rob not kill and work in plants and factories. Or in prison’s factories or in freedom factories, but they work!
What does it mean?
Country have more CG (more goods from civilian factories) and more IC (from military plants).
It means + 10% CG and +5% IC !!!
And it’s not all.
If country have high Life Level (high CG), if people are rich and happy - MP growing UP! (no crime murders, no suicides, no deaths from hunger)

So, in my Mod, "crime fighter"-minister has:
+10 CG
+5 IC
+5 MP

And it’s realy correct simulation. Not -10 CG !!!

In HOI mechanic, IC profit from +5 IC = profit from about -20 CG
So, my "crime fighter"-minister has same IC profit as in HOI2, but he has +5 MP more and he is really good guy for the country and for people of this country!

Let’s look at "laissez-faire capitalist"
Yes, I agree that he has -20 CG. It is realy very bad guy, it's really bad times for people, it’s like Great Depression or crisis-2008.
But it is too sweet if he has only -20 CG!
He must have -10 MP antibonus! People die all around (crime murders, suicides, deaths from hunger) because he has -20 CG (-20 Life level of country)!

Let’s look at soviet bad guys.
But In HOI they are really good guys!
Yagoda and Yezhov have +5 and + 10 CG !! :wacko:
The first one build gulag the second one killed there thousands people.
But we can see - it brought much goods for soviet people. Much eat, mush closes, mush iphones and Volkswagens…. Where are the logic??

It is easy. If you will send 1% of your people in gulag (most discontented) – all other will afraid and will “like” life with -5, -10 or -20 CG.
So, "bad guys" + terror reduces discontent, not goods! ;)

So, soviet bad guys in my Mod have -5 CG (people live poor) and – 5 MP (gulag and terror)
Not + 10 CG (+10 Life Level) as in HOI2!!!

Let’s look at next bad guys – Berya and Himmler.

They can’t have equal perks as in HOI2. The first one killed people from his country, the second one killed people from other countries. It’s a big difference, yes?

So, Berya in my Mod have -5 MP (for his hard methods) and +5% IC as a very effective soviet manager. Not +10 CG as in HOI2! Berya made atomic bomb for soviet country, but he not made iphones and coca-cola for soviet people.
And there are only one minister like Berya in my Mod – Muller.

Himmler has +10 CG in HOI2. Yes, I can understand this logic. Old shoes, old watches, free houses and all other may be raised the life level in Germany. But I not agree that so much. +5% as maximum. Main profit from Himmler’s methods got military industry, not simple deutschen.
So, In My Mod Himmler (and all his clones) has only +5 CG (not +10CG) and his standard +15 to foreigner IC. Also he has +5% gold... I'll not explain why.

Also I fixed other main Sov and Germ ministers, and changed much ministers bonuses, now more ministers are gameplayable.

28482eef0d3b.jpg

950828ce9be4.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm... It's very sad. But what can be a trouble? This link is only in this post and now I see 3 successful downloads. It means my link work correct and people from this forum can use it successful. May be all of them was russian? :laugh:
But I know, foreigners can download from this russian download-service, I used this servise in my previous post for Red Army OOB's file and there were no problems..

Last edited:
No one answer, but 50 downloads )
However, I will tell about new improvements in my DH-Light Multiplayer Realism Mod.

Download, 3.5 version, IAVO
http://yadi.sk/d/j8ycTuilM37og

Since that time I showed my mod (6 month ago), our MP community have played successfully 2 european games
(4 vs 4 ) and one big game (5 vs 5 ) by this mod.
In the end, there were fixed some bugs and added new improvements.

1. Fixed bugs with incorrect map distances, incorrect carrier battle distances and some other changes in Misc.txt

2. Radars have improved!
In real history, marine radars were imba and ships with radars had a huge advantage over the ships without radars, the same applies to the level of radars. In HOI2 radars have always been irrelevant. Do you remember when the last time you studied radar techs in HOI2? :)

Now radar brigade gives +1/+2 attack (because it enhance the accuracy of fire), and radar techs give +5% of battle position for UHF radars and 5% off attack in the night/rain/snow for centimetric radar.

The idea to strengthen radars have inspired by the book
http://www.kamikazeimages.net/books/related/hara/index.htm
Also, Hara Tameichi got more high skill in my mod :)

3. New high skill tech teams - Chiffriermachinen AG (Enigma), GEMA (radars) and other.

4. Fixed bug of Darkest Hour, when battle ships can not damage transports, because never can come closer to needed distance.
Now transports have symbolic 1 sea attack and now battle ships can come closer and destroy transports.

5. No unhistorical cheat minister’s IC bonus “-10%” (Hirohito and other). Now they have another good bonuses. (MP-balance not crushed)

6. Showa Steel Works!
In real history industrial giant Showa Steel Works (M-Cuo) produced coal, steel and aluminum.
I find info about steel production from their mines in the pre-war period (1938-1940), and it was 1/4 of total steel production in the USSR!! 25% !!
So I added proportional amount of resources in the relevant province of Manchuria. And it is good for MP-balance.

7. New unique russian unit - Green silent people division. Used for annexation of national border provinces in peacetime by the unique referendum-skill.

8. Many changes in all doctrines! Now doctrines have become more logical and playable.
Many changes in minister’s perks.
Added 2 forgotten Spanish cruisers (Baleares, Canarias).
Heavy fighters got night bonus.
Stalin's Line fortifications as at 1936 year.
And other changes.

________________________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________________

P.S.

Our team (5-7 people) will be gladly to play against any your team (4-7 people) in a big MP-game by this DH-Light multiplayer mod.
If your team have MP experience and is ready to hard battle - write to me!
:)

Last edited:
More realism in ships classification!

As, I writed before, I made sea attack based on the number and caliber of guns. And it was more realistic than in the original game or other mods.

But now I'm doing the next step to achieving realism, I dig deeper.

Now my DH-Light Mod use sea attack for all ships, based on "Aggregate mass of shooting per minute" (sorry for some google-translates)

Aggregate mass of shooting per minute = shell weight x fire rate x number of guns for 1-st and 2-nd calibres of ship.

Here is my great table with calculations for all ship classes! :)
(all info about sea guns are taken from this resource: http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/index_weapons.htm)

d0a330444290.jpg

b65d159199d3.jpg

and finally table with ship stats:
a393180e56e7.jpg

And, what interesting we can see, with more accurate information about firepower of ships?

1. Sorry, but, UK and USA "3-lvl" battleships (Nelson/Colorado class) are not true 3-lvl battleships by their firepower.
They are only 2-lvl !
Yes, they have ultimate 400mm guns, but also they have fatality low fire rate.
So, in my Mod these battleships are only 2-lvl, but they have "improved hull brigades" from game start, because their armour is higher than other 2-lvl.

2. We can see clear 3-lvl "Japan-style" battleship class! ) All 6 start Japan battleships in my Mod are 3-lvl and have higher sea attack and lower sea defense than 2-lvl battleships.

3. Also, we can see clear "USA-style" and "Japan-style" heavy cruisers classes (3 and 4 lvls).

4. I finally figured out how to solve the problem of the ugliest bastards as Scharnhorst/Littorio class! :)
These strange ships have very high armour, but not good firepower. Scharnhorst have small main caliber, Littorio have big caliber but fatality low fire rate.
(So, sorry, but I not agree that Littorio can be classificated like Bismarck-class battleship, as in theory)
So, I decide to combine these strange ships in the same class! And name this class - "Armoured Battle Cruiser", 4-lvl, next after Hood-class and before Alaska-class. This allowed me to reproduce their unusual characteristics in my Mod.

5. Two spanish "half-battleships" can not to be Dreadnought-class, they can be only Armored Cruiser class.

New version of DH-Light Multiplayer Realism Mod, v3.8:
https://yadi.sk/d/U0KKhfXjd32vD
(contains excel file with ship stats table)

In addition to the more correct of the characteristics of the ships, new version have many other improvements.
In particular, I have studied hundreds and hundreds pages of Wikipedia and tried to make more historical characteristics of the ministers and generals for MP-playble countries.

And standard inviting - all orthodoxes, who doesn't love a billion terrible, microscopical and invisible islands in the Pacific ocean, just write me to play with our MP-community multiplayer games on old-good DH-light map :)

Last edited:
We use Direct IP only.
Because it allows to control two countries by one gamer (if some of the players could not come to this game session).
If I'm not mistaken, GR does not allow this.
Also, we believe that direct IP connection is more reliable for game.

Last edited:
Hi, all! )

Our "orthodox" HOI community is still alive and we still continue to play fascinating Darkest Hour Light multiplayer games ! :)

New version of DH-Light Multiplayer Realism Mod (v 3.11):
https://yadi.sk/d/So4feWU0iTAqw
(Only for Darkest Hour 1.03 version!)

In addition to the usual multiplayer scenario 1936, this new version includes a new scenario for multiplayer game from January 1, 1938!

So, why we made this new scenario-1938 for multiplayer games?

After >30 big multipleer games in 1936-scenario, we finally realized that the first two years of the game (1936-1937), we can safely throw out because they are not interesting.
Because these first two years (1936-1937) all 10-12 players, on all countries do only the same thing - all they are building plants (IC).
No diversity, no creativity, no other reasonable options, only plants, nothing but plants! :)
So we decided to throw out those boring two years of plant construction and to begin our multiplayer games only from the 1st of January 1938.
(and we already have played on this new 1938-scenario two interesting multiplayer games)

I found no samples/mods for January 1, 1938, so I was forced to find a lot of new information to make accurate historical OOB for main 16 countries on 01.01.1938.
I did this work with high quality as for 1936-scenario OOB.
So now multiplayer game has become more dynamic and interesting, the war begins at the end of the first multiplayer session (3-4 hours).

Also I improved the ship tree. (Historical and realistic characteristics of ships is one of the features of my mod)
Increased the number of levels for all classes of ships including added special "Illustrious"-class level and "Shokaku"-class level and other.

8c5c95b3e514.jpg
f84344ee73d8.jpg

cba764449ee0.jpg

Last edited:
Keep up the good work!

04/13/2016
DH-Light Multiplayer Realism Mod has been updated to 1.04 patch.

Download v4.18 here:
https://yadi.sk/d/ZTxu-F6aqwFEC
Check summ RWHG

New!!!

1. Warships got different Hit Points!

Cruisers: 80-100 HP
Battlecruisers: 105-120 HP
Battleships: 120-135 HP
Sub/DD: 100 HP (because 3 in one unit = 33 HP * 3)
Yamato: 160 HP

2. Historical world oil consumption/production!

1) Realistic civilian oil consumption for all countries.
2) Realistic civilian war-time oil consumptionin for key countries.
3) Historical world crude oil production for all countries.
4) Concessions! It's no matter how much oil have your land, it's matter who is owner of your oil - you or anglo-saxon robbers :D
5) Old unrealistic "energy_to_oil" mechanics is switched off. Only ENG and GER have synthetic fuel plants. Only GER can historically build new synthetic fuel plants.
6) GER and ITA historically produce some alcohol fuel.

And over hundred other improvements of multiplayer balance and historicity.

#############################################################################
#############################################################################

New 2022 update!

Nick's Single-player Challenge in Multiplayer Realism Mod!

################################

Main improvements in New Mod verson:

1. The speed of land combat is reduced by three times compared to the classic super fast Hoi-2 land combat speed, that always was used in the Multiplayer Mode.
Now the combat speed is the golden mean between the terribly slow and boring DH-Full combat speed and super fast Hoi-2 combat speed.
I know that younger generation of DH players, who are used to play at terribly boring and slow speed of DH Full, always are shocked by the classic fast Hoi-2 speed that the Multiplayer Mod always used, they don't like this super fast combat speed of Hoi-2.

Me, in a turn, never play DH Full precisely because of its terribly slow speed, for me it is unbearable slow and boring, compared to old-good classic Hoi-2 speed.

Therefore, I have make a compromise solution by increasing the combat speed to the maximum level, still acceptable for Multiplayer, in my oppinion.

The difference between Hoi-2 speed and DH-Full speed is 10 (!) times.
Now, I set the combat speed to be three times slower than Hoi-2 and 3.3 times faster than in DH-Full.

So now combat speed is in the middle between these extreme values.
I hope that players who are used to playing at DH Full combat speed will treat the new more slower Multiplayer Mod speed with more favor, now it's not as extreme fast as in Hoi-2.
##############################################

And, why do I find it unacceptable for Multiplayer to slow down the speed of combat even more?

Everything determines the duration of the sea landing!

If you make combat speed very slow, then the Defender will have a huge advantage over the Attacker, because Defender will have too much time to deliver additional troops and Fleets to the attacked beach.

My DH-Full tests showed that 1-2 amphibious assault "waves" of Marines lasts 1-2 weeks.
Sorry guys, this is completely absurd.
In 1-2 weeks, I as a Defender can send additional divisions to the beach, which are located hundreds (!) kilometers away from the attacked provice, or I can send my entire fleet located anywhere in the Pacific Ocean to destroy the enemy landing.

Such a super slow combat speed makes the protection of beaches too simple and cheap, and makes landing too impossible and involves huge losses of your fleet (unless of course if the Defender of the beach is not a fool)

With my new combat speed, the casual landing of 2 "waves" of Marines takes about 5 days, not two weeks as in DH-Full!
Yes, it is three times longer than in Hoi-2 and in Reality (just imagine the landing in Normandy, which would have happened not in 1 day as in reality and in Hoi-2, but in 2 weeks - would Rommel's tanks have time to arrive at the landing zone in 2 weeks?), but nevertheless still leave some chances for the Attacker that the Defender will not have time to bring all his fleet and additional garrisons in these 5 days.
Especially if an additional MP-Rule will be introduced - "it is forbidden to put divisions from the pool in the closest 2 provinces from the place where the amphibious assault is taking place."

I hope I was able to explain the very important reason why I am categorically convinced that it is unacceptable to make the combat speed even more slower in Multiplayer, than I made now in this new versoim of Mod.

2. Nick's Challenge for Single-Player !
USSR got advanced Single-Player regime!
Playing as the USSR in the historical way, the player can choose one of several increased difficulty levels, which should make the game against AI Germany more interesting.
Have fun!

3. Maximum realistic ratio of the cost of military Units to practical IC of countries has been set.
After many researching and testing, to achieve the correct realistic ratio of Units and IC, the cost of military Units has been increased by about 15-20%, respectively, the number of military Units in the World has decreased proportionally.
I always knew that the number of units in my Mod is somewhat more than is potentially possible from the point of view of realism.
But it became possible to deal with this balance, only after the completion of all countries and after the Mod is fully ready.

So now is the time to do it - to set true balanse and realism in number of Units in the world in Game.

So, what is my concept of the correct balance of the number of units in the world in Game?

Firstly, the number of units in the world in the game will always be more than in real history and this is absolutely normal!

This is normal and unavoidable for two reasons:

- The player knows when the war will start and brings his country to the peak of military form precisely by the beginning of the war.
(If the USSR and the USA already in 1936 had known exactly the date of the outbreak of war, they would also have built more Units)

- The player does not build unnecessary units that the country built in reality, so the player gets a great superiority in some units compared to reality, due to the refusal to build other units, infrastructure and consumer goods.

Then how am I going to determine the "true balance" between price/number of Units in the World and IC in the World in the game?

First we need to choose the most suitable etalon/reference point/standard country.

The reference country needs two conditions:

- the country should be as long as possible in peacetime - from 1936-1941
- the country should be actively preparing for war all these years.

Obviously, there is only one country that fulfills both conditions - the USSR.
Therefore, there is no other options - we will set realistic balance of Units using tests of the USSR.

To do this, we must conduct several tests of the most effective development of the USSR, consisting of the most effective IC-building (as if you play MP against experienced player as Germany) and then the construction of units wich the USSR had in reality on June 22, 1941.
Our goal is to find and set such cost of units that the USSR would have a historical number of units by June 22, 1941 but would not have surplus of units/supplies/money.
In this case, we will achieve the right balance between the price of units and the number of IC of countries, even if there will be more units in the real Game because of the two reasons that I mentioned at the very beginning.

It took me 4 complete tests to find and set such unit price level that my USSR would have the exact historical number of units by June 22, 1941 and would not have any surpluses. As a result, the price of units was increased by 15-20%, the number of units in the world decreased proportionally, and also (logically) I reduced the MP in the pools by 20%, from 30 MP per mln to 25 MP per mln of population.

By the way, such testing of historical balance of units and IC of country is quite interesting and give me pleasure.
If you want to check your Hoi-game for such balance, you can do the following:

Do the most efficient IC-building, as it is customary for your Hoi-game. In my Mod, as in Hoi2, the USSR in multiplayer game build 3.5 total series of IC-building. In other Mods IC-building standards can be different.

Then build units so that by June 22, 1941, the USSR would have the following number of Units:

- 198 Infantry divisions ( 19 of them are - mountain divisions)

- 13 Mechanized Cavalry divisions ( 6600 personel and 64 light tanks in division ).
In my Mod 1 Cavalry Unit is Cavalry Corps, consisting of two such Cavalry divisions and has 13,500 personnel and 128 light tanks.
Since at the start of the game the USSR has more Cavalry divisions than in 1941 (31 vs 13), the available "superfluous cavalry units" should be counted as another Units at the appropriate price. My superfluous starting Cavalry corps were counted as "mechanized divisions".

- 61 Tank Divisions

- 31 Mechanized divisions (In soviet system they named "motorized divisions")
Attention! Don't be misled. Soviet "motorized divisions" are not motorized division Unit in the game, because they consist of 2 moto regiments and one tank regiment (258 light tanks by staff).
In the game, such division corresponds to Mechanized Division.

- 5 paratrooper Units

- 527 CAS (250 of them IL-2 class)

- 7 574 bombers of all types ( 1827 of them should be 1940-modern-class: Pe-2, Su2, Il-4, Er2 )
In my Mod CAS and Bombers have 72 planes in one Unit, so I need to have at june 22, 1941 - 8 CAS and 105 Bombers Units. Obviously other Mods have other aircraft number in one unit.

- 8 871 Fighters of all types ( 2000 of them should be modern-class: Yak-1, Mig-1, Mig-3, Lagg-3)
In my Mod Fighters have 100 planes in one Unit, so it will be 89 Fighters Units.

- 4 new modern cruisers (not counting the starting garbage)

- 70 Destroyers ( 46 of them should be modern)
In my Mod 1 Destroyer Unit consists 3 Destroyers, so it is 23 Dectroyer Units. In vanilla it is 5 in one Unit.

- 271 submarines
In my Mod 1 Submarine Unit consists 3 Submarine, so it will be 90 Submarine Units. In vanilla it is 5 in one Unit.

- 2 modern Battleships in build-list with about 30-40% readiness (not counting the starting three BB)

- "Stalin Line" from Odessa to Kingisepp of 5-level forts. (Of course most of them should already exist in 1936)

- "Far East Line" in 6 provinces of 3-level forts (Of course most of them should already exist in 1936)

Having tried to build such USSR, you will understand why the USSR in games has much more land divisions than in reality. Just players don't build such a huge number of bombers and don't build ships.

4. Once again, the realism of the ratio of the cost of Units among themselves has been deeply checked (taking into account all discounts and bonuses that may be in game - this is very important point that must be taken into account/calculations).
As a result, some amendments have been made to the unit cost ratio. For example, Infantry has become more expensive unit then it is usually the case in Hoi2 based games.
(Of course, at the same time, all units in Mod still remain ideally balanced and profitable according the Cost/Power Parameter, which is also calculated by exact mathematical formula.)
5000-6000 German horses with carts in Infantry division cost the same as 2000 Opel Blitz trucks.

Therefore, Infantry division in reality is not much cheaper than Motorized division.

But for the game balance, of course, I had to raise the price of Infantry to the maximum level that still would be acceptable in the Price/Power parameter.

Now Infantry-1939 cost is 70% of the Motorized Division 1939. And this is a significant step towards a realistic price, compared to the casual unrealistically cheap infantry.
###############################

Also (surprise!) Infantry division consumes +0.2 more supplies than motorized one.
According to Soviet/German norms of feeding soldiers and horses, and food prices in the 1930s, the realistic ratio of feeding of soldiers and horses is set as:

15000 human personnel of Division - 0.5 supplies/day (0.05 supplies for 1 MP)
5500 horses of Division - 0.28 supplies/day

Thus, even if we assume that the maintenance of the 2000-2500 trucks/cars of motorized division is somewhat more expensive than the maintenance of 5,500 horses with carts (which is not a fact), horses still consume about 0.2 supplies more than cars (although the fuel for these cars is much more expensive than food for these horses)

Thus, I explained why in my Mod (not like in Vanilla or other Mods) Infantry-39 consumes 1.6 supplies per day, but Motorized Infantry-39 consumes only 1.4 supplies per day.
Just 5500 horses eat every day, 2000 trucks in garages - don't!
5. Two new brigades!

- Aircraft carrier radars brigade (obviously, aircraft carrier radars in the game should have different effects than artillery ship radars)
The first-level Aircraft carrier radar has little effect (because the Saratoga radar did not help really in the Battle of the Coral Sea)
The second-level Aircraft carrier radar has significant effects.

- Additional "bomb holders" brigade for tactical bombers.
They allow to increase the bomb load (damage) at any time at the player's request in exchange for reducing the flight Range and vice versa.

Since there is no ideal mechanics in the game to implement this feature, I had to divide the class of tactical bombers into 3 subclasses - 1-2 levels, 3-4 (1938-1940) levels, 5-6 (1942-1944) levels.
Bomb holders can be attached only to 2nd and 3rd class (Tactical bombers and Heavy bombers)
All bombers can be upgraded to the next class.

6. Realistic Mobilization events for USSR, France, Britain and Italy, which instantly adds 30% HP to their "divisions of peacetime".
(the instant addition of more HP during "Mobilization" is absolutely anti-realistic! Everything else HP needs to be replenished with repair mechanics only!)
Germany havn't such event, because unlike the USSR, France, Britain and Italy, Germany actually does not have "reduced divisions of peacetime" in 1936-Scenario.

7. Additional nuances for greater historicity:

- Far Eastern divisions of the USSR are blocked from the start. Unblocking takes place according to historicity, during the second half of 1941.

- Activation of Barbarossa now historically damage Soviet aircraft -1,500 aircraft in a couple days (similar to Pearl Harbor game mechanics)

8. My Titanic work of checking/fixing of the mass errors of vanilla DH Map was continued.
Now, maps of China and Manchuria has been fully checked and fixed in all geographical aspects - correct terrain types, distances between provinces, connectings/disconnectings, Infra, ports/shores, climate of provinces and all other.
The region of China turned out to be a curious exception - it is the only region of the vanilla DH map in which 98% province coordinates corresponded to reality. All the other regions that I checked/fixed before contained a huge number of errors in coordinates.

Did a responsible Chinese make the Map of China?
Respect to this unknown person who took responsibility at least for entering true coordinates of the provinces, unlike those who made map of Europe.

However, in return, the map of China contained much more errors in the climate than the map of Europe, because it completely ignored the frosty Chinese highlands.
And of course I totally disagree with the fact that half of China in vanilla DH map is "high bald mountains".
China in my Mod is a country of "hills/highland hills, covered with forest" as it is in reality, not "highland bald mountains".

Last edited:
Reactions:
09/14/2017

The most historical/realistic Mod in Hoi-2/3/4/5 Universe makes a new ambitious steps towards maximum of realism! :)

New improvements:

1. TOTAL rebalance of population, MP and IC!
All countries (and their provinces) got very accurate/realistic population and IC (excluding Latin America, it will be done later).

IC based on GDP and common sense.

Population and GDP based on:
Angus Maddison http://www.ggdc.net/maddison/oriindex.htm
Mark Harrison http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/staff/mharrison/public/ww2overview1998.pdf
Wikipedia
Common sense

Common sense is always needed, because even Maddison and Harrison have some mistakes, in particular, they give not correct population of Czechoslovakia/Slovakia/Sudetenland.

All provinces have very precisely population (and accordingly realistic IC), for example, GER provinces population implemented according to this original source:
http://www.digizeitschriften.de/dms/img/?PID=PPN514401303_1939|log10

Over high GDP (IC) per head has been reduced for some countries which have high income from Tourism/Freight/Banking or have low industry - Switzerland, Greece, Denmark.
If country have low GDP but have industry, IC can be increased (Hungary and some other)
UK and USA in my Mod have additional income from Oil Concessions, therefore, their final GDP (IC) has been reduced by the equivalent IC.

Top of key states:

USA 3.1 IC per million of population
ENG 3.1
AST 2.9
GER 2.5
CAN 2.45
FRA 2.25
ITA 1.75
HUN 1.75
SPA 1.40
JAP 1.25
SOV 1.1
POL 1.1
ROM 1.1
MGO 1

Indian IC = 1 IC per 3mln, China IC = 1 IC per 3mln on the coast and 1 IC per 4 mln away from the coast, African IC = 1 IC per 3-4 mln.

As result, no more swollen minors in Game, all states have their historical population and realistic IC! Estonia with 1 mln population has true 1 IC, not 5! :D

It was really great work during for many months and now World is as it really was in 1938.

2. New, realistic concept of basic MP and MP growth! Realistic basic MP for all important countries.

MP concept based on GER and SOV 19-29 ages men population in 1939-1945.
Basic MP in 1398-scenario = 40 MP for 1 mln of population. (1MP = 1500 men)
MP-growth in peacetime = 0,0015 MP per day for 1 mln of population (impact of after WW1 population growth)
MP-growth in wartime = 0,015 (new young recruits) + 0,0015 = 0,017 MP per day for 1 mln of population. (No demobilization, only new young recruits!)

Increase of MP does not reduce IC!!!
In real history of WW2 mobilization was offset by the increase in working hours, female and child labour and other actions, therefore, IC has not dropped but rather increased!
Therefore, the concept of mobilization with the reduction of IC is not correct!

3. More realistic location and amount of resources (Energy/Metal/Rares) in Asian provinces (from India to Phillipines).
In the future, I want to inventory of all Energy/Metal/Rares on the map and I began this work from Asia.

4. Fundamentally new, much more realistic concept of american lend-lease to UK and to USSR!

Now lend-lease takes money, a lot of money!
USA spends money (by events) and UK and USSR get a real historic number of tanks and aircraft (in units) in 41-42 years and equivalent discounts for tanks/aircraft in 43-44 years!
Also USSR get IC (machine tools), UK don't. (At present, I couldn't find any information about american machine tools lend-lease to UK).

5. More advanced concept of warship's Armour (Sea Defense).
Now Sea Defense for all warships in Game depends not only from thickness of main armor,
but it also depends from armour's angle and from the bevel of armored deck.

c30ab172dc1d.jpg

c283f7fed9a6.jpg

Example:

King George V: thickness of main armor = 380mm, no armour's angle, no bevel of armored deck,
Equivalent Armor = 380-400 mm (most high quality armor in the world)
Sea Defense = 30

Bismarck: thickness of main armor = 320mm, no armour's angle, bevel of armored deck = 110mm,
Equivalent Armor = 460mm *
Sea Defense = 36

*Equivalent Armor also incorporates effect of armour-piercing capped ballistic cap destruction.

6. More advanced concept of warship's Attack. Now Sea Attack depends not only from weight of salvo per minute, but also Armour Penetration and mass of Bursting Charge taken into account too.
Every 25mm of Armour Penetration over 300mm (20km distance) gives +1 Sea Attack bonus.

Example:

King George V:
weight of salvo per minute = 11600 kg, Sea Attack = 25
Armour Penetration (20km distance) = 280mm, antibonus = -1 of Sea Attack,
bonus for big Bursting Charge (330 kg per minute) = +1 to Sea Attack.
Sea Attack = 25-1+1 = 25

Bismarck:
weight of salvo per minute = 11200 kg, Sea Attack = 24
Armour Penetration (20km distance) = 400mm, bonus = +4 to Sea Attack,
Bursting Charge - 255 kg per minute, no bonuses.
Sea Attack = 24+4 = 28

7. Total, more accurate/historical rebalance of AntiAir, Range and Fuel Consumption for all ships.

New more improved formula of AA power sums up all AA guns from 12mm to 127mm on board.

eaf1b406ebef.jpg

8. New, much more realistic concept of Organisation of aircraft carriers!
Now basic Organisation of aircraft carriers depends from a lot of important factors:
armored flying deck, size, AntiAir power, radar, number of fighters, number of spare aircraft.

Fighters for all carriers are taken as 1/3 of all aircraft.
Armored flying deck (if it is) gives a lot of ORG.
Big size reduces ORG

Examples:

Essex - 35 Org
Yorktown - 25 Org
Taiho - 50 Org (have armored flying deck)
Shokaku - 25 Org
Implacable - 40 Org (have armored flying deck)
Illustrious - 35 Org (have armored flying deck)
Ranger, Soryu - 15 Org

Now Game have 14 (!) unique historical types of air carriers with individual characteristics.
Also there are 17 (!) unique historical types of WW2-battleships with individual characteristics.

d4ce5179ccd7.jpg

9. New event The Tizard Mission and accordingly two additional new radar-AntiAir technologies:
Radar Targeting and Variable Time Fuzes (Radar Proximity Fuzes).

3d661a3180b4.jpg

10. New technology line - Aircraft Engines and Engine Assembly Line technology.

Progress in engine building is the most important aspect in aircraft building.
No progress in aircraft engines = no progress in aircraft!
GER SOV UK USA JAP ITA MGO SPA have got specialized tech teams for aircraft engines.

4feab3f213af.jpg

11. Fundamentally new, much more realistic concept of Division technologies!
Now "weapon" tech teams research Weapon only! Division types (Division's Staff) researched by Generals or by General Headquarters!
It's time to fix the old and completely unrealistic concept when Krupp/Grabin/Vickers researched Infantry/Tank and all other Divisions!

29d5b22db194.jpg

45e7de19794b.jpg

12. A hundreds of other improvements and a lot of new events.

P.S.

Who wants to join our multiplayer games - write me and welcome!
:)

Last edited:
08/2018
8 months of titanic daily work... and the first country is finally fully completed - USSR.
Now I can show how my new multiplayer Mod on DH-Full base will look:

Download DH-Full Multiplayer Realism Mod DEMO-version here:
https://yadi.sk/d/ghduziKl3a8cjp ("Скачать" button)
Check summ CJQS , for Darkest Hour v.1.05.

(Only USSR is completed!!!)

What already has been done:

1. Each province of USSR has the most accurate historical MP, IC and Resources, as of 1938 (if 1938-industry techs are researched)

2. The most accurate resource calculation concept:

1 mln tonns of coal per year = 4 Energy on Map. (Lignite/brown coal = 2 Energy on Map)
100 MW of Hydropower = 6 Energy on Map
1 mln tonns of iron ore per year = 12 Metal on Map
10 000 tonns of rubber per year = 8 Rares on Map

By My conception 40-50% of all "Hoi-rares" are rubber, other 50-60% are rare metals and other rares. 98% (!) of all natural rubber in world produces in Asia (!).
All world rubber production is completed and plotted on game Map very exactly, by Asian regions.
Only GER and SOV, historically have synthetic rubber plants in game.

3. FIN Baltics POL GER ROM BUL TUR MON have very accurate historical MP, IC and Resources.

4. Total checking/fixing of terrain types of provinces.
SOV FIN Baltics POL GER ROM BUL TUR MON got more realistic terrain types. (The game have only one type of Hills, so it is impossible to make fully correct terrain Map and all this is very subjectively)

Hills = high hills with forest (like Carpathian)
Forest = forest or low hills with forest (like central Germany)
Mountains = mountains and high hills without forest
low hills without forest = Plains or Desert

At least I fixed such brutal mistakes as forests and hills in the southern part of Russia/Ukraine and made more correct "forest line" from east Europe to Vladivostok.
(last 80 years was destroed a huge number of forests on the earth, so in any doubt, "plain or forest", I tried to make a choice in favor of the forest)

947a40521231.jpg

5. World oil balance is fully completed:

Historical world crude oil production for all countries/provinces.
Realistic civilian oil consumption for all countries.
Concessions!
Synthetic fuel plants.
Realistic oil consumption for units.

1 "Oil" in Game = OR 100 tonns of Crude Oil = OR 100 tonns of Oil Fuel (for ships) = OR 40 tonns of Light Fuel (gasoline, light diesel and other).

6. Compared to my latest versions, Soviet OOB got more improvements:

4 brigades of paratroopers got their historical numbers and locations.

5 Separate Heavy Tank Brigades of General Command Reserve (OTTBR RGK) made as 4 armor divisions with 10 HP and 1 medium_armor brigade and 1 super heavy tank brigade (T-35).
("Name of corps" = current 1936 name of OTTBR RGK, "name of unit" = future 1940 tank division name)

Other 16 separate brigades made as 8 LT divisions in construction list.

7. Germany events are yet completed only for 1936-1938.

8. Maximum historical Land-Lease USA-SOV events

9. Tech teams, Ministers, Leaders (3-5 lvl) for 16 key multiplayer countries implemented very accurately. It took 30 (!) additional minister's types and reading of thousand Wikipedia pages.

10. Total rebalance all DH game files - political sliders, misc, units, modifiers and so on.

11. Mixed design of DH-Full and DH-Light, used best icons/images and other gfx-files.

Last edited:
08/2018
8 months of titanic daily work... and the first country is finally fully completed - USSR.
Now I can show how my new multiplayer Mod on DH-Full base will look:

Download DH-Full Multiplayer Realism Mod DEMO-version here:
https://yadi.sk/d/ghduziKl3a8cjp ("Скачать" button)
Check summ CJQS , for Darkest Hour v.1.05.

(Only USSR is completed!!!)

What has already been done:

1. Each province of USSR has the most accurate historical MP, IC and Resources, as of 1938 (if 1938-industry techs are researched)

2. The most accurate resource calculation concept:

1 mln tonns of coal per year = 4 Energy on Map. (Lignite/brown coal = 2 Energy on Map)
100 MW of Hydropower = 6 Energy on Map
1 mln tonns of iron ore per year = 12 Metal on Map
10 000 tonns of rubber per year = 8 Rares on Map

By My conception 40-50% of all "Hoi-rares" are rubber, other 50-60% are rare metals and other rares. 98% (!) of all natural rubber in world produces in Asia (!).
All world rubber production is completed and plotted on game Map very exactly, by Asian regions.

3. FIN Baltics POL GER ROM BUL TUR MON have very accurate historical MP, IC and Resources.

4. Total checking/fixing of terrain types of provinces.
SOV FIN Baltics POL GER ROM BUL TUR MON got more realistic terrain types. (The game have only one type of Hills, so it is impossible to make fully correct terrain Map and all this is very subjectively)

Hills = high hills with forest (like Carpathian)
Forest - forest or low hills with forest (like central Germany)
Mountains = mountains and high hills without forest
low hills without forest = Plains or Desert

At least I fixed such brutal mistakes as forests and hills in the southern part of Russia/Ukraine and made more correct "forest line" from east Europe to Vladivostok.

5. World oil balance is fully completed:

Historical world crude oil production for all countries/provinces.
Realistic civilian oil consumption for all countries.
Concessions!
Synthetic fuel plants.
Realistic oil consumption for units.

1 "Oil" in Game = OR 100 tonns of Crude Oil = OR 100 tonns of Oil Fuel (for ships) = OR 40 tonns of Light Fuel (gasoline, light diesel and other).

6. Compared to my latest versions, Soviet OOB got more improvements:

4 brigades of paratroopers got their historical numbers and locations.

5 Separate Heavy Tank Brigades of General Command Reserve (OTTBR RGK) made as 4 armor divisions with 10 HP and 1 medium_armor brigade and 1 super heavy tank brigade (T-35).
("Name of corps" = current 1936 name of OTTBR RGK, "name of unit" = future 1940 name)

Other 16 separate brigades made as 8 LT divisions in construction list.

7. Germany events are yet completed only for 1936-1938.

8. Maximum historical Land-Lease USA-SOV events

9. Tech teams, Ministers, Leaders (3-5 lvl) for 16 key multiplayer countries implemented very accurately. It took 30 (!) additional minister's perks and reading of thousand Wikipedia pages.

10. Total rebalance all DH game files - political sliders, misc, units, modifiers and so on.

11. Mixed design of DH-Full and DH-Light, used best icons/images and other gfx-files.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Great fortitude and energy to take so much time and attend to so much detail. GREAT JOB!
I hope you will continue and make it the best it can possibly be.

I think you have done DH-Light a great service.

Wow-wee that's a lot of work, very impressive!