DH for 7 euros.. seems a bit cheap to me?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The devs don't get paid for DH anyway.

No idea how this rumor started and that doesn't matter anyway as this is the only time I'll make a statement on this subject on the forum, but we (well, me as a team leader) have the same contract with Paradox as any other team working on expansions based on the Europa Engine.
The free contract we had was for the making of Armageddon 1.3 patch.

No idea how this rumor started
Just like any other rumour related to Darkest Hour - no clear messages from developers on any subject. Considering you guys aren't interested in Darkest Hour sales it's no wonder there is minimum customer facing information on any subject and no wonder rumours and inaccuracies roam on these boards. You can't blame the people after all.

Wait, so the dozen or so of you guys made a practically new game with the members being scattered 'round the globe.
Damn, I tip my hat to you gentlemen.
Well, it did take us about 2 years...

Just like any other rumour related to Darkest Hour - no clear messages from developers on any subject. Considering you guys aren't interested in Darkest Hour sales it's no wonder there is minimum customer facing information on any subject and no wonder rumours and inaccuracies roam on these boards. You can't blame the people after all.

Their are a lot of clear answers, you simply choose to ignore those you don't like. :)

Last edited:
being part of a mod team myself that has members all over the world it works well. There are many great file sharing programs out there.

Well, $9.99 seems fair enough to wait the few days. However, I will laugh at all of you who pre-ordered it if the game is available elsewhere tomorrow.
Still, the game has crappy cover art. ;)

You must really think of Darkest Hour as a game made by fans for fans.
Given the price it is being sold and where we all come from (not from the gaming industry), this game has a very special feel.
It has received a lot of love from people who know what is fun with Hearts of Iron and, I think, have succeeded in catching all this fun and packing it into a stand-alone game.
I recognize ours is a very unlikely approach.
But now if you like that approach and if you enjoy the game as I am sure you will, I urge you to support us.
For the more people play and enjoy the game, the more likely is Paradox to provide us with better support and resources for future patches as well as whatever can be made to continue this improbable journey.
So yes it's okay to ask for more (better cover, better AI, more features, etc).
But as an independent developers team and fans in the first place, we need you, the community, to be able to polish the game even more after its release, through your feedback and your support.
We are devoted to this game and we will not let you down.

You must really think of Darkest Hour as a game made by fans for fans.
Given the price it is being sold and where we all come from (not from the gaming industry), this game has a very special feel.
It has received a lot of love from people who know what is fun with Hearts of Iron and, I think, have succeeded in catching all this fun and packing it into a stand-alone game.
I recognize ours is a very unlikely approach.
But now if you like that approach and if you enjoy the game as I am sure you will, I urge you to support us.
For the more people play and enjoy the game, the more likely is Paradox to provide us with better support and resources for future patches as well as whatever can be made to continue this improbable journey.
So yes it's okay to ask for more (better cover, better AI, more features, etc).
But as an independent developers team and fans in the first place, we need you, the community, to be able to polish the game even more after its release, through your feedback and your support.
We are devoted to this game and we will not let you down.

I'm more than willing to support you guys and will definitely buy the game when it's out but there are some quirks that make waiting and trying to support you a bit frustrating.

Yes I understand that and would not mind the game receiving more consideration from retailers too.
But in the gaming industry, as with any other commercial activity, one can only be considered when its product is successful. So that is what we are aiming at.
We will prove that independent developers can provide the fans with a great game.

Hi gang,

To clarify a few points:
1. The devs are not responsible for the sales and marketing of this product. The devs are responsible for the game and the communication surrounding the game.
2. We always set a tentative release date for our games, but if reasons beyond our control surface and we don't believe the title will get a good sales start due to it, we deem that within our rights as a publisher to make that call. That is not something the devs can control and it's got nothing to do with the product itself. I agree we could have been much more communicative about any changes on this release, and we just need to clarify a few question marks with our sales team later today and after that we'll hopefully will be able to straighten out some question marks.
3. There's a misconception that a higher price = more revenue for all involved. Those of you who have followed Magicka and a lot of other releases in 2010/2011 will know by now that equation is outdated. Think Darkest Hour is good value for money? Excellent, tell all your friends about it :). At that price, most people can afford to try something out that they potentially would not have done otherwise = more people playing = better for everyone.

Hi gang,

To clarify a few points:
1. The devs are not responsible for the sales and marketing of this product. The devs are responsible for the game and the communication surrounding the game.
2. We always set a tentative release date for our games, but if reasons beyond our control surface and we don't believe the title will get a good sales start due to it, we deem that within our rights as a publisher to make that call. That is not something the devs can control and it's got nothing to do with the product itself. I agree we could have been much more communicative about any changes on this release, and we just need to clarify a few question marks with our sales team later today and after that we'll hopefully will be able to straighten out some question marks.
3. There's a misconception that a higher price = more revenue for all involved. Those of you who have followed Magicka and a lot of other releases in 2010/2011 will know by now that equation is outdated. Think Darkest Hour is good value for money? Excellent, tell all your friends about it :). At that price, most people can afford to try something out that they potentially would not have done otherwise = more people playing = better for everyone.

Hear hear! :D

Hi gang,

To clarify a few points:

I am 30 years old and I must say this. Paradox is the only game company that I regularly tell my friends about. Its that great!