DH 1.05.1 - The game will be lag to unplayable when moving a lot of divisions at the same time

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

adfs

Captain
11 Badges
Sep 20, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • For The Glory
  • 500k Club
1. Short description of the problem - The game will be lag to unplayable when moving a lot of divisions at the same time
2. Reproducibility - Always
3. Steps to reproduce - There are 139 divisions in my attached screenshot. When you are moving them at the same time, the game will be massive lag and become unplayable, even the game is paused
4. Additional information - Tried AOD 1.12 as well, has the same issue, so this issue may be related to the HOI2 engine
5. Game Version: 1.05.1
6. Checksum: JLAD
7. Type: TRP Mod 1.04
8. Used mods or personal modifications -TRP Mod 1.04
9. OS: Windows 10 x64
10. The place where you bought the game: GamersGate

Attachments

• dhmassivelag.png
    dhmassivelag.png
    840,1 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
1. Short description of the problem - The game will be lag to unplayable when moving a lot of divisions at the same time
2. Reproducibility - Always
3. Steps to reproduce - There are 139 divisions in my attached screenshot. When you are moving them at the same time, the game will be massive lag and become unplayable, even the game is paused
4. Additional information - Tried AOD 1.12 as well, has the same issue, so this issue may be related to the HOI2 engine
5. Game Version: 1.05.1
6. Checksum: JLAD
7. Type: TRP Mod 1.04
8. Used mods or personal modifications -TRP Mod 1.04
9. OS: Windows 10 x64
10. The place where you bought the game: GamersGate
Whats your pc processor ?

I wonder if newest processors are any better...

I was using Intel i5-2500k+Nvidia 560ti when reporting this issue.
Now I'm using i5-1135g7 and the integrated Iris Xe, let me try if there is any improvement on this issue.

I was using Intel i5-2500k+Nvidia 560ti when reporting this issue.
Now I'm using i5-1135g7 and the integrated Iris Xe, let me try if there is any improvement on this issue.
Thank you for your reply!

Well...i noticed that there is a considerable performance improvement with the new 12th generation processors...

I wonder if it is time to buy a new laptop and if it will be any better regarding...HoI gaming...

Please, do confirm if you see any improvement with your new processor and its new Iris Xe gpu.

Thank you for your reply!

Well...i noticed that there is a considerable performance improvement with the new 12th generation processors...

I wonder if it is time to buy a new laptop and if it will be any better regarding...HoI gaming...

Please, do confirm if you see any improvement with your new processor and its new Iris Xe gpu.
A little improved, but still below par, feels there is only 10fps when moving around 150 divisions at the same time.

I know this is an old report, but I am unable to reproduce the issue.

I am using 1945 scenario as SOV and ordered all of their starting divisions in Europe (86 armies, 438 divisions) to Berlin and the game is perfectly playable on my old desktop machine (i5-750 @ 2.67GHz). I am still on Windows 7, so it is either that, or the problem is not related to the movement of big armies.

To reproduce the issue:
1. load the save, play as Nat.China
2. pause the game, select all troops in China which I already set the move order
3. feel the lag, especially scrolling the map after all troops were selected

Hope the above helps.

Attachments

• movetroops_lag.zip
    1,3 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
To reproduce the issue:
1. load the save, play as Nat.China
2. pause the game, select all troops in China which I already set the move order
3. feel the lag, especially scrolling the map after all troops were selected

Hope the above helps.
Thank you! There is lag only when the moving units are selected.

I will investigate it, but it is not a high priority issue as it can be easily avoided or worked around.