• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

King

Part Time Game Designer
11 Badges
Dec 7, 2001
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Victoria 2 Beta
There is also no Dev Diary either. However, all is not lost, Johan is current at E3 spreading the word about Victoria 2 so keep an eye out for news.

Blue or Red pill?

@ King.

I would like this to be a personal (But public) letter of disappointment and regret.

You have, in one blow, made the highlight of my week the most depressing thing i have ever experianced, so much that i am now in tears over the lack of a DD. I hope that you will one day realise that by doing this, you have made a grave error in judgement and will come to realise that stabbing your most loyal fans in the back with this trickery of a DD, the same fans who have defended you and gotten warnings for doing so and the fans that have come to expect certain weekly events that make there lives worth just that much more for living.

I am very sad.

Kind regards,
Nano Kart.

P.S I am watching E3 streams live, any PI streams that i should be hunting or non? Also, cannot wait for the E3 news :rofl:

I'm slitting my wrists.

Thanks guys. Wednesday became my most favoured day of the week, my week began and ended by it.

Now, in this time of stress and uncertainty, my Wednesday joys have been snatched from my clutches.

Oh screw it, I'm off to lunch.

Goddamnit, first the ugly comments in those Africa threads and now this.:mad:

3 points i'd like to make after staying up late for this "dev diary"

1. africa IS uncivilized and empty (thus the game design works even if it does upset the left wing anti-colonists on this forum who think africa in the 19th century was like europe or asia) :mad:
2. no dev diary and i'm so let down. e3 better be worth it guys. ;)
3. vicky 2 is awesome and i love Johan, King and all the devs, have my babies :eek:

There is also no Dev Diary either. However, all is not lost, Johan is current at E3 spreading the word about Victoria 2 so keep an eye out for news.

Uhm, what is this??? o_O

You just ruined my wednesday. Guys I'm at work and could need a DD very badly. You'd better make good amends for this horrible crime towards humanity by bringing good news at E3. :D

:(

Like many others, the highlight of my week is the Dev Diary. Now the only thing I have to look forward to today is my girlfriend coming over. :(

3 points i'd like to make after staying up late for this "dev diary"

1. africa IS uncivilized and empty (thus the game design works even if it does upset the left wing anti-colonists on this forum who think africa in the 19th century was like europe or asia) :mad:
2. no dev diary and i'm so let down. e3 better be worth it guys. ;)
3. vicky 2 is awesome and i love Johan, King and all the devs, have my babies :eek:

The comments I refer to weren't about whether African states of the time should be modelled, this was discussed by most participants in a rational manner.

To be fair I for one would like more African states in the game not from the point of veiw of whether it's worth sending an army down there from Europe to fight a 'war' with them, but rather from the point of veiw of having more weak under-dog 'no-hope' prey states to take and raise to be a global super powers, because that's just how I like to roll. Playing the likes of Prussia all the time get's a little old after awhile. Eventually the human needs a Challenge.:)

TF4VIP.

As for my anti-colonialism... I keep that in the game.;)

ps- all a "civilization" is is a culture that builds cities, now there's alot that goes into that, but it's no insult to not be a civilisation, especially when you live in pre-petro technology Africa where the indigenous people knew better than to live in large concentrations very near the bodies of water (rivers and lakes) that cities usually depend on to exist.

mosquito_graphic2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.