• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello.

I have fully integrated the final 1.12 patch with my Iron Fist MOD.
Everything works except the introductory videos, I tried to install AoD 1.12 patch on Aod and the same thing happens at startup.
The game works, but the introductory videos never start, from the "settings.cfg" file I tried to change the "0 # Enabled intro" line to both "0" and "1", but nothing happens, the game starts as if the introduction didn't exist.
It is a problem that I have already reported but have not received an answer.
I know that a video is not as important as the game, but my self-made video cost me days of work and rehearsals, I also bought the rights to the used music tracks.
If I don't have the initial video that works when activated by "settings.cfg", I can't integrate patch 1.12.
I would be sorry because patch 1.12 was done well and fixes many bugs and problems.
Can I find out from someone if the problem can be solved?

Thank you

I have question too: why does game always to reset my manual setting if I restart application? I need always to turn on share countries, historical event outcome, historival death and turn off sfx volume.

I have question too: why does game always to reset my manual setting if I restart application? I need always to turn on share countries, historical event outcome, historival death and turn off sfx volume.

This does not seem normal. For me historical event outcome, historival deaths and sfx volume are retained.

I never used share countries, so i cannot comment on that.

You should keep in mind that those settings are saved in the savegame.

Just look at the first 25 lines of a savegame. The settings are there and easy to read. This has been so for a long time.

As far as i can tell both files matter. config.eu matters for starting a new campaign, but since some settings are contained in the savegame i take it for granted that they do matter and this does concur with my experience.

I never used share countries, so i cannot comment on that.
Hello, Pang! Sorry, I confused you - I mean USE COUNTERS (NATO).
You should keep in mind that those settings are saved in the savegame.
Thanks I understand this. I tested game - manual setting saved in the savegame. Scenario 1936 have always default settings, now I'm think - maybe that better and necessary. If I firstly clicked in my savegame and them scenario 1936 - my manual setting in savegame will be applay in scenario too. But issue with sfx volume still this - after restart game volume reset change in default value - 100%

Hello Mr. GFX, I found annother
"MajorGeneralHungary" from hungary.csv date 17.12.2019
"MajorGeneralHungary_hun" is the pic

Those are meant as generic pictures becuse the maker of the leader file didnt find them. I did not find them myself aswell.

text rep.aod.png

I find this repating text a bit weird and fuzzy.

Hello, I found a "dot" / "." in file "db/province.csv" date 4.4.2020

prov409 field manpower = 1.5

seems to be no problem for AoD, but if you work with excel it's May the 1st

Reactions:
Yes Dennis,

StarOffice, OpenOffice, LibreOffice, I use MicroSoftOffice.

Yes, AoD works fine with "1.5" manpower at Istanbul (first release with AoD 1.11).
"1.5" is the only one at total 2609 Prov's (inclusive prov0); counted with excel.
Now I change the zero manpower prov's from 0.1 to 0.9, but without excel.

AI is unprepared for an early attack. They were busy with building up IC and infrastructure in the first years. Also Vichy event didn't come up, so I couldn't annex or create a puppet in France.
Ger_EXP.png

I encircled 2/3 of the Soviet land forces in the first month of the war. So, they are pretty much doomed despite my low transport capacity.

So, is it supposed to be played historical at least up to 1939 with Germany for a proper challenge against AI?

Last edited:
So, is it supposed to be played historical at least up to 1939 with Germany for a proper challenge against AI?

Better till 1941/06/22.

For Vichy to trigger you must be at peace with the soviets. You were way too impatient. The game is designed for AI to be not much less unready for war at the expected start of the war than IRL, at least on medium settings.

If you increase the difficulty setting, then being ready for war is antedated a few months.

Reactions:
Bumping this oldish thread because I've just rediscovered AOD after trying HOI4, which I don't like one bit. I am finding the UI confusing and ridiculously busy.

I've downloaded 1.12 from the earlier posts, but is there a minimum patch level it needs to install over? I have non-steam versions from way back when, with full distributions up to 1.04, and patches to 1.08.
Currently running 1.07 and there seem to be some nasty bugs around oil reserves and usage...
Charlie

I've downloaded 1.12 from the earlier posts, but is there a minimum patch level it needs to install over? I have non-steam versions from way back when, with full distributions up to 1.04, and patches to 1.08.
Currently running 1.07 and there seem to be some nasty bugs around oil reserves and usage...
Charlie

The 1.12 should work ok with any old patch you are useing. AOD are now only sold at steam.