• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do you use a lot of the new code features for events in the vanilla FTG or is that more of a help for modders?
Not much in vanilla but AGCEEP will use them a lot when adaptation to the new map and new features will start, not to mention other mods.

this is SO awesome, thanks guys for making the best strategy game ever even better!

I have on tiny complaint/request/correction before release, looking at a previous diary on the map I noticed this

the flag for the papal states - every prior EU game and it seems the beta shot of the map for FTG has used the "Sede Vacante" shield as the papal flag, I have always had to go in and mod in another because this shield/symbol is only used between popes. So the symbol is only seen like once every 15-20 years and only for a week or so, and it bothers me (strangely) enough for me to have to edit it out. :wacko:

here is what im talking about:
150px-Ombrellino-keys.svg.png

now it would be a lot more accurate and historical if something similar to one of the following were used:
200px-Holysee-arms.svg.png

Papal_States.gif

180px-Flag_of_the_Papal_States_(pre_1808).svg.png

this is SO awesome, thanks guys for making the best strategy game ever even better!
Thanks, this is indeed our goal.

I have on tiny complaint/request/correction before release, looking at a previous diary on the map I noticed this [...]
Birger could certainly answer this.

I have on tiny complaint/request/correction before release, looking at a previous diary on the map I noticed this

the flag for the papal states - every prior EU game and it seems the beta shot of the map for FTG has used the "Sede Vacante" shield as the papal flag, I have always had to go in and mod in another because this shield/symbol is only used between popes. So the symbol is only seen like once every 15-20 years and only for a week or so, and it bothers me (strangely) enough for me to have to edit it out. :wacko:

here is what im talking about:
150px-Ombrellino-keys.svg.png

now it would be a lot more accurate and historical if something similar to one of the following were used:
200px-Holysee-arms.svg.png

Papal_States.gif

180px-Flag_of_the_Papal_States_(pre_1808).svg.png

The examples you're showing here are not that accurate at all, they would fit in Victoria II much better. :)

From FOTW, http://flagspot.net/flags/va_hist.html

The first attested Papal flag was red with white cross, dated probably from c. 1195. In 1204 for sure (and perhaps before) it's attested the red flag with white cross containing white keys. The first available image is from 1316. The flag is rectangular with the fly rounded in the corners and swallow tailed in center and has four white keys, one in each quarter. The four keys were the keys called of St Peter. About 100 years later, a similar flag is attested on red cloth without white cross. In next centuries a red flag with keys or religious motives seems to be in use.

From Heraldica.org, http://www.heraldica.org/topics/pope.htm#states

The arms of the Papal States are: Gules, on an ombrellino gules and or, two keys in saltire or and argent. (Galbreath gives a simpler blazon, Gules a pavilion or charged in the staff with a pair of tied keys in saltire or). These arms appeared as one quarter of the short-lived Kingdom of Italy (1805-15). They do not appear to have been adopted by the Citta del Vaticano after the Lateran Treaty of 1929.

Here's a coin from the Napoleonic kingdom of Italy, the Papal symbol is in the top left corner. :)

Regno_d%27Italia_-_40_lire_1812.jpg
italia1.jpg

And some Papal flags...

italy_papal.jpg

oh! i just got schooled lol, very interesting - thanks Yoda and Birger for taking the time to answer my little issue

Again awesome job guys, I cant wait until November!