• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh, and didn't Paradox players learn anything from the HOI3 experience? Thousands of people were ready to swear on the greatness of the game only to unfairly blame afterwards the developers for their crushed high hopes. I prefer to criticize these aspects now and enjoy the game after...
This is your right. We made only one promise: enhancing the game, not changing it; same spirit but not the same game.

Btw, there should be an explanation why you can see shields above cities under the fog of war instead of flags. Just guess...

Cool! :d

Will every country use the Imperial flag when it?s ruler is elected emperor?
Yes, automatic switch and easy to see which country is the current Emperor on maps where units are displayed. Of course, this applies only to the flag. As you can see, Spanish Coat of Arms doesn't change.

Will AGCEEP be modified to make full use of new stuff like this being introduced in FtG? Or will it use "obsolete" triggers etc?
AGCEEP is still a free mod, it is just bundled with the game in its current version. Because of confidential information, it was just impossible to share with community and regular contributors what is inside the game before release.

Be aware the new map will be freely published at game release and adaptation of the mod to the new map and new features of the game will start. This is the only way for respect due to the work of all contributors and players.

AGCEEP is still a free mod, it is just bundled with the game in its current version. Because of confidential information, it was just impossible to share with community and regular contributors what is inside the game before release.

Be aware the new map will be freely published at game release and adaptation of the mod to the new map and new features of the game will start. This is the only way for respect due to the work of all contributors and players.

Got it, thanks. I guess I'll just play regular FtG until I get bored at which point AGCEEP should be more or less fully converted to make use of all FtG features. :)

One oft-requested feature for events is to have the AI chance be coded in the event. This is a simple enough change; simply put
Code:
ai_chance = <number>
into all active actions, and the AI will make a choice based on the numbers. For example, if there are two actions, one with ai_chance = 150 and the other with ai_chance = 50, there is a 75% chance that the AI will choose the first one.

Question from a non-modder : when reading about AI chance, I assumed that the max value was 100 or 1. Obviously, that's not the case. Could you detail a bit more the mechanics ?

This doesn't change the fact that the game is already 8 years old. In game terms, this is immense. It's an eternity.
WTF
IMO a good game is good no matter how old it is.
How many people prefer civ3 over civ4, Rome total war over empire total war, final fantasy 7/8 over whatever number they are on now.
I don't know how good this game is going to be but I'm sure as hell not going to use it's age as an excuse to knock it. Maybe YOU are bored of the EU2 engine in that case why not swerve past this one and buy yourself one of those "new" Xbox thingys.

Back on topic, Good DD.
Looking good.:)

Yes, I'm probably better. And unlike you, I've been playing this game (including multi) for all this time. I did not drop it as a rotten apple the second EU3 appeared, I do not wish for it to become EU3. All I wanted was a longer DD.

Please go and argue with someone else. You should try Johan, since he already admitted EU2 is his least favourite Paradox game. Use your fanboy powers to convert him.

ive been playing mp since october last year and have never seen you post/subscribe for any game

ive been playing mp since october last year and have never seen you post/subscribe for any game

What is this, the attack of the newbs? :rofl: I mean, come on, october 2008? Are you in any way serious?

I've been playing this game since 2002... I really don't need to ask around the forum to find multiplayer friends... besides I only play one on one these days because of our schedule.

And to answer to the other "guy"... Yeah, I'm bored of EU2. I'm in the category that overplayed the game and thinks that it's the best strategy game ever. I hope I have the right to place my two bits in this thread and find out if this "expansion" works for me. That is if I'm allowed...

I hope I have the right to place my two bits in this thread and find out if this "expansion" works for me. That is if I'm allowed...

Of course! Both criticism and cries of adulation are encouraged.:D

Also, please keep discussion civil. Accusations of trolling are not needed or desired.

Of course! Both criticism and cries of adulation are encouraged.:D

I don't criticize your team. My biggest beef is with Paradox that should have done this move (letting an independent developer take a shot at the Europa engine) long ago. Unfortunately, EU2 was never truly loved :(

I don't criticize your team. My biggest beef is with Paradox that should have done this move (letting an independent developer take a shot at the Europa engine) long ago. Unfortunately, EU2 was never truly loved :(

Better late than never.:cool:

What is this, the attack of the newbs
I've been playing this game since 2002
:eek:o
Actually you got me there. I am relatively new to P'dox (compared to 2002)
Some of the older titles are the ones that are really proving to be my favorites, and yes they are dated in many ways, but being old doesn't make them bad.

That is why I am getting so exited about the chance to play a popular older title that is "upgraded" by the fans.
I hope it lives up to my expectations, and from what I've seen so far I'm starting to think it could.

Last edited:
Haha
Actually you got me there. I am relatively new to P'dox (compared to 2002)
Some of the older titles are the ones that are really proving to be my favorites, and yes they are dated in some ways.
That is why I am getting so exited about the chance to play a popular older title that is "upgraded" by the fans.
I hope it lives up to my expectations, and from what I've seen so far I'm starting to think it could.

Well, I'm jealous. Playing EU2 for the first time... :(

One thing though: I don't consider EU2 dated compared to EU3. Yes, it's harder to mod and has more hardcoded elements, but EU2 was never thought of as a free-for-all platform. It was a historical simulation and it remained like that in its most popular mod, AGCEEP.

Yeah, I'm bored of EU2. I'm in the category that overplayed the game and thinks that it's the best strategy game ever. I hope I have the right to place my two bits in this thread and find out if this "expansion" works for me. That is if I'm allowed...
I seem to fall into the same category. Which is why I completely don't understand the amount of disrespect you show towards people you, for some reason, call fanboys. Criticism is valued, aggressiveness, which up until the part of the post I quote you've shown all the time, is unacceptable and will provoke further hostility. So, please, relax before you post next.
Better late than never.:cool:
Absolutely! :)

But let's back up a little. I keep saying “active” actions; what does that mean? Simply that each action can have its own trigger. If the trigger's conditions are not met, the action will not be displayed. This makes it no longer necessary to have multiple versions of the same event for different conditions (like for instance the Burgundian inheritance, which should behave differently if either France or Austria doesn't exist).

I must say, I must be some kind of Prophet or something. I was thinking and saying to others that this exact feature would be immensely helpful in ALL europa engine games, and now here it is!

Think about it, how much faster would a mod like VIP be if it could get rid of over half of its events by having these "active" actions?

Well, I'm glad at least one game is getting this treatment, and I hope you make good use out of it in the new AGCEEP.