• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Apart from your modified AGCEEP, no new mods will appear (at that scale).

What mods were ever on its scale? ;)

Anyway, it most certainly won't be the only mod available.:cool:

As many old players, I want this game more because of its "tradition" and stories behind it. I shall play it for a while, but I'm certain it will feel as the old EU2. And I rarely play EU2 these days, even though it's still on my harddrive.

It sounds like you plan to buy it, play with it for a short while and sit it away. I'm not really sure how DDs matter at all to you.:p

I had EU2 once, but I was way too young to appreciate it. I played around for a bit, but, due to lack of understanding of the basics, put it away. I probably threw it in the trash some time later (blasphemy, I know). This means I'm not familiar with EU2 which, as I understand, is more historical, event driven and so has more "flavour".

FtG for me will be a whole new experience and as such is a guaranteed buy. :p

Dissapointing diary. Too short and too uninformative.

Mostly because it deals with modding business, not playing business.

Really???

This is by far my favorite. It may sound like a little thing, but having images in event boxes is uber cool. That adds a lot of flair to use an office spacism.

I really like the nice touch of adding current domestic policies into event decisions.

Yes, I'm probably better. And unlike you, I've been playing this game (including multi) for all this time. I did not drop it as a rotten apple the second EU3 appeared, I do not wish for it to become EU3. All I wanted was a longer DD.

Please go and argue with someone else. You should try Johan, since he already admitted EU2 is his least favourite Paradox game. Use your fanboy powers to convert him.

Wow, you are probably the most angry person on this forum. :confused:

Really???

This is by far my favorite. It may sound like a little thing, but having images in event boxes is uber cool. That adds a lot of flair to use an office spacism.

I really like the nice touch of adding current domestic policies into event decisions.

I agree, this is my favourite DD till now! :)

I absolutely love what you did with the command triggers! Are you guys in touch with the devteam of AoD? They simply must adopt this to the HoI2 engine, too! I can't believe this has not been done already! :p

Great work, FtG team!

And thank you, Michael M. :) I really appreciate this DD. :)

Not as angry as half the HO3 players I bet.

Well true, true.

And I wrote wrong, I don't mean "angry". Probably something like "irritated" or of somesorts.

Awesome!

Damn, I can't wait to play :(

But let's back up a little. I keep saying “active” actions; what does that mean? Simply that each action can have its own trigger. If the trigger's conditions are not met, the action will not be displayed. This makes it no longer necessary to have multiple versions of the same event for different conditions (like for instance the Burgundian inheritance, which should behave differently if either France or Austria doesn't exist).

To facilitate this further, events are no longer restricted to four actions. They are only limited by the size of the screen; I've made test events with as many as 13 actions.

And did I mention that commands can have their own triggers also?

This is something I have wanted in Pardox games for so long :D

Ignoring the fanboys that probably picked up EU2 in 2005 on some 1$ deal

(...)

Why do I say these things? Well, there is a good reason. Most of us know what to expect from EU2, even in this new package. 90% of the old game is here. Development diaries are usually employed to tease the future buyer about the wonders of a new game, something which isn't necessary for FtG. I know what I'm getting. I would have enjoyed more consistent DDs simply because they maintain my interest for this piece of software. Which is hard to do, to tell you the truth. After 7 years of playing, I don't care that I can't use the political map, I don't care about the red border near Murmansk and I never cried because of the lack of an alert system.

I see too much ignorement in your thinking.
This game still have a lot of unused potential but we don't know what dev team implemented already (from future DDs) and what they want to implement yet. The question is how much time they can dedicate for more improvements before release (all other improvements will be implemented after release as Yoda said).

I really have no idea how I am going to finish my thesis with all this good stuff coming out in a few months.

Awesome DD, I think it really adds that bit of flexibility that EU 2 perhaps lacked.

What mods were ever on its scale? ;)

Anyway, it most certainly won't be the only mod available.:cool:

It sounds like you plan to buy it, play with it for a short while and sit it away. I'm not really sure how DDs matter at all to you.:p

Don't get me wrong, such a game would have been super-great back in 2005 and 2006. But I have already 7 years of play with EU2. And map mods. And AGCEEP.

EU2's main problems were two: hardcoded values and scripting, which made any kind of modifications quite limited in scope and the difficulty of changing the map. Therefore the mods were quite conservative: most modified certain historical aspects, some introduced events, some brought other eras to play by renaming certain aspects of vanilla. While AGCEEP is great, it's not a revolutionary product.

Now, the map was modified after several years. It was a gruesome process and only two good map mods exist, as far as I know. The scripting seems to have been resolved with FtG. This doesn't change the fact that the game is already 8 years old. In game terms, this is immense. It's an eternity. There is no more community. And most Paradox acquaintances I've talked about this project are considering buying the game but they are pretty certain they won't play it for very long. They moved on. My reason is a bit shallow: the girl I'm playing online this game is annoyed by the lack of sprites on the political map.

Ok, the point I'm trying to make: back in 2005, modifying the "under the hood" elements would have been the greatest thing since apple pie. In 2009 I would have enjoyed more novelty. Not EU3 "everyone can discover the American Continent" crap but EU2: Next Edition.

I see too much ignorement in your thinking.
This game still have a lot of unused potential but we don't know what dev team implemented already (from future DDs) and what they want to implement yet. The question is how much time they can dedicate for more improvements before release (all other improvements will be implemented after release as Yoda said).

We all are ignorant here, except the devs, since we haven't exactly played the game to support our own little views about it. Just because you called it first doesn't mean it's restricted to my person.

Oh, and didn't Paradox players learn anything from the HOI3 experience? Thousands of people were ready to swear on the greatness of the game only to unfairly blame afterwards the developers for their crushed high hopes. I prefer to criticize these aspects now and enjoy the game after...

All ships can carry troops but transports carry two each? (or has this been mentioned before?)
Even better now in defines.txt:
Code:
	#Transport Capacity (TPC per unit)
	_WARSHIP_TPC_                 =    1 #Positive
	_GALLEY_TPC_                  =    1 #Positive
	_TRANSPORT_TPC_               =    2 #Positive
Do what you want...