• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So happy to see this!

To Yoda and the rest of the development team...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

From what I've seen so far, For The Glory looks like pretty much my dream version of EU2, and even better that it is bundled with AGCEEP! This has been exciting enough to convince me, after years of occasional lurking on the forums, to set up an account and say something.

Also, many thanks to Paradox for backing a player-led project like this. Not many companies are that supportive of their fan base.

Looking forward to the new diaries

I can't wait. I've followed some of the discussions on the boards over the years of people with the AGCEEP team, and sometimes there is impatience because things haven't been announced or released yet.

However, I see the AGCEEP HC, and (given that there are some of the same people) the development team for FTG, as very much like a certain famous game publisher - I won't mention its name because I probably shouldn't directly use other firm's trademarks on this site - let's just say it rhymes with "Flizzard"...

They don't always release things quickly, but when they do, they are good, and have been thoroughly checked and playtested. I would much rather have that than something rushed out the door full of errors and bugs.

I disagree with the above since that would render conversions certain provided a missionary station and time. If we went historical, I'd make the whole conversion thing apply only for pagans. I cannot think of an example where non-pagan populations were actually converted. Conversions in the sense that province switched from one religion to another all seem to have involved displacement of people.
Yes, it's a bit fast as it's now. It should take 50-150 years or something like that. Still acceptable from game-balance perspective, and a bit more accurate.

Apart from that, gradual conversion would be best, but if we don't have percentage religious makeup, small daily (monthly, etc) chance.

Please, please, please use Birger's religious icons. The vanilla ones are horrible...
Birger is part of the team, remember...

I haven't seen the possibility of random leaders discussed anywhere. Are there plans to make random leaders purchaseable like in EU3 or are we stuck with the historical ones?