• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Slightly off-topic (just slightly! :D) -- but: Isn't the Marseillaise only comprised of six (sometimes seven) "couplet"s? :wacko: Is that a French insider gag?

No insider gag, just a mind trick of Yoda in his signature ;)

Still off-topic : The number of couplets in the official version has changed with time and only a few sites have more than 7 couplets. It would be interesting to see a scan of the oldest version. Here are the 15 couplets http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/French/Texts/National_anthems/La_Marseillaise

indeed. IX and XI to be read in this version.

Back to topic... and rebels with an important precision:
REB hidden country indeed uses the most advanced tech in the world but rebels armies use the same tech as the owner of the province where they are located if a combat is required, especially for rebels controlled provinces if assault. But rebels will still use full land DP settings in this case.

No worry then.

OTOH, pirates really use the most advanced vessels and full naval DP settings. Easy to figure out with corresponding naval sprites set.

About the modable ToT:

- can any region be assigned as treaty-relevant or just provinces outside of Europe?

- is it limited to two participants? Just for Europeans?

- can there be more than one version in one scenario? Like one dividing the New World between Spain and Portgual, the Mediterranean between Genoa and Venice and so on?

Adjacencies
In FTG, you will find two new adjacencies. [...] The second one is a winter conditions connection between two adjacent provinces. If one of the provinces is under winter conditions, movement between the two provinces is forbidden and a little red cross appears on the map. Movement of armies that began before the winter conditions are then stopped if winter conditions are still present at the end of the required movement time.

I don't really understand this one. Winter was usually a very good time to move an army even if the attrition was higher. Winter made the roads hard and reliable and rivers easier to cross. When reading that the second one had to do with winter I was hoping that you'd put in a severe-winter-only adjecencies rule for crossing straits even if an enemy fleet is trying to block it, letting us perform the march across the Belts... ;) Switching this on and off through events would be a neat feature.

Awesome idea these different cores!
This plus a dynamic mode like EU3 for the less interesting ones would be awesome: you gaining a claim on a land but people resenting it whatever. Not the "well, it's 49 years 11 months and 29 days, I still hate you. Come back in two weeks" EU3 thing.

I don't really understand this one. Winter was usually a very good time to move an army even if the attrition was higher. Winter made the roads hard and reliable and rivers easier to cross.

I would imagine this new rule is supposed to apply to mountainpasses and the like.

Wouldn't it be possible to put in the reverse, too? I also thought about frozen straits and rivers.

When making a right - click on the officials button, could we then select a "Promote in all provinces" or "Promote in diferent province -> "prov_name""
button?

yes this would be a nice feature - one that would require some serious savings but still a nice feature

I don't really understand this one. Winter was usually a very good time to move an army even if the attrition was higher. Winter made the roads hard and reliable and rivers easier to cross. When reading that the second one had to do with winter I was hoping that you'd put in a severe-winter-only adjecencies rule for crossing straits even if an enemy fleet is trying to block it, letting us perform the march across the Belts... ;) Switching this on and off through events would be a neat feature.

x2
Good point.

When making a right - click on the officials button, could we then select a "Promote in all provinces" or "Promote in diferent province -> "prov_name""
button?

You mean something like this:

promotes.png

?

It is rather more than helpful ;)

I would imagine this new rule is supposed to apply to mountainpasses and the like.
Yes, this was the main reason for including it.

Wouldn't it be possible to put in the reverse, too? I also thought about frozen straits and rivers.
No time crossing and no combat penalty? Is it the idea here?

Nevertheless, more than one special adjacency between two provinces is unaffordable.

Yes, this was the main reason for including it.

No time crossing and no combat penalty? Is it the idea here?

Nevertheless, more than one special adjacency between two provinces is unaffordable.

Haven't thought much about it, but something like that. The possibility to walk across otherwise impassable straits, I'm thinking of the march over Stora Bält here in some Swedish-Danish war; that strait is passable in vanilla EU2 though.

I guess the best mecanic here would be to have the possibility to a) definde special adjacencies and b) decide if they're either passable only in winter or only in non-winter.

The fact that they could cross stora bält had a lot to do with the winters of that part of the 17th century though (the period is refered to as the little ice age for a reason), it wouldn't be possible in the 1400 - 1500's. Possibly if the winter is very harsch the crossing penalty (and the possibility to block the crossing with ships) could be removed? But that does mean that you'd have to keep track of climate changes during the period a lot more closely.
As the time when this kind of crossing would be possible (and even then quite risky, while most of the army could march on the ice, some of it did go through it) is so short though, perhaps it's just a little to specific a change for a game stretching such a long period?

I don't want EU2 modelled after specific Scandinavian past events. This killed the whole political process of Vicky, for example.

I think this is getting better and better. EU2 is a great game, and FTG is EU2 finally "completed" (if you can say that a project arrives to a point where it is "completed"). Can't wait to put my hands on AGCEEP with all the new stuff, and to mod a medieval scenario with the new "tools" that FTG will bring.
I heard that the game will only have a box edition in certain countries: YodaMaster, is our country (Occitania ;)) one of those (if you can say it?).

A few questions;
1. Not being able to move arrmies in winter happens only between provs that have a special border? Or did I misunderstand?
2. The extra MP on a national province just means it won't get the -1 MP the first 10 years? Or is there some other difference between national provinces and other provinces when it comes to MP?

Awesome! :D