• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
King is away for a few days, so I have to write this weeks development diary. So.. well, what to write about.. The team is working hard and the game is shaping up nicely.

Well, lets see some screenshots..

Prussia is fun, the beacon of liberalism and democracy.. eh.. n/m

But at least we can see profit of factories on the map..
attachment.php

But but.. When i mobilise.. My units are no longer pure proper soldiers, but we get some poor farmers with rifles. :confused:
attachment.php

It also seems that our neighbour does not trust our peaceloving policies and is now building a weapon of mass destruction in Schwerin.
attachment.php

We send out the glorious prussian fleet to visit the strange lands in the north.

attachment.php

Ok.. have fun..

Attachments

• pru_1.jpg
    pru_1.jpg
    784,8 KB · Views: 37.350
  • pru_2.jpg
    pru_2.jpg
    664,4 KB · Views: 36.878
  • pru_3.jpg
    pru_3.jpg
    349,4 KB · Views: 37.826
  • pru_4.jpg
    pru_4.jpg
    455,9 KB · Views: 37.008
cant wait!

That map looks really nice, love the scale on it, great improvements all round!

The untrained soldier thing sounds great too!

I just peed myself over how great it looks :eek:o

• 1Haha
Reactions:
But but.. When i mobilise.. My units are no longer pure proper soldiers, but we get some poor farmers with rifles. :confused:
So there IS some kind of mobilisation for war :D

Hi Johan,

on the first screen, we see that we can build railroads. Is it possible to see railroad tracks directly on the strategic map, not just in the province information ?

I wonder, how significant will the difference between military units from soldier POP's and farmer POP's be? And will there be ways to improve them? For instance, what about experience? A farmer and his rifle who spent 3 years in the trenches of Verdun would probably be a more hardened fighter than a soldier fresh out of bootcamp. I like how mobilised units now start with 0 org though.

The screenshots, especially the first one, do give a somewhat Railroad-Tycoon-esque feeling. I approve :)

A side note: it would absolutely amazing if the province image (the one in the province statistics window) showed not only the terrain, but some representation of the city size. Not in the very front, but somewhere in these fields, a city, with different images for when a city is, say, under 10k inhabitants, under 50k, under 200k, larger than 200k.

Also, what does the cudgel(?) with 52% mean, next to the Revolt risk indicator in the province?

This is looking good :cool:.

I especially like being able to see the factory profits from the map (less clicking yay!)

Good touch to make mobilised troops just farmers with guns. In Vicki you could have a huge mobilisation pool and no standing army. Then when you got attacked you just had to wait a short period before getting 1,000,000 infantrymen.

Hmm, a bit more information about what we see in the pictures would have been adequate.

For instance in the fist picture the province screen, what are these icons stand for: The one with 96.00K and 100% on the right. And what about the 16.589 of Money in the province screen. Whats that about?

This is no Diary, its a photo-album.

Also, what does the cudgel(?) with 52% mean, next to the Revolt risk indicator in the province?

Literacy, I think that is a diploma.

Does Berlin really grow Fruit? Nice to see it is at least profitable. And how in the world did you get the paper factory so profitable?

Yahooo! <3 Johan.

For instance in the fist picture the province screen, what are these icons stand for: The one with 96.00K and 100% on the right. And what about the 16.589 of Money in the province screen. Whats that about?

Number of people in RGO, and it's profitability.

Artillery is a separate brigade, rather than an addition to Infantry? How very... EUish. At least our poor conscripts can have regular artillery and cavalry to stiffen their resolve.

I just found out how to get rid of those pesky farmers!