• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
attachment.php

The compass is skewed by 45º.

:D

The compass is skewed by 45º.

It's likely that is just a decorative element that spins around the unit. I can't recall what EUIII's version of that is though... I remember a circle, but I don't remember if there was anything special about it.

The game looked very beautiful, hope it is not too demanding for a machine.

(I do think the province interface looked a bit crowded)

I have a question: Could you click on the "infantry, 3, 9000" icon and detach the infantry from the cavalries this way? It'd be handy.

Last edited:
The result of a 45 000 stack in one province? Likely EU3 attrition values that haven't been adjusted yet if that's the case.

i hate having too many provinces, like HOI3 is extreme overkill

HoI3 province count is great for WW2 style warfare and Vicky 2 provinces look well suited for economical and political purposes.

Some interesting screenshots there, lots of little features sneaked in. And I see that the game is now "coming soon" on Gamersgate, with a release date. Now I know when I have to have all my other games finished by...

rofl.gif

Maybe with some attacking/defending abilities too? I don't want the enemy to walk into my capital only to find a plush object meant to make their dreary night more interesting, make it like a horror movie and have it come alive at certain points :rofl:

Also, the screenshots look absolutely amazing :D

The map itself looks good and so does the interface generally. However I don't really like some 3D elements on the map.

Sprites representing armies in Victoria I were much better looking than these giant toy soldiers. It would look more credible and give an idea of an army, if there were for example three figures in a row instead of just one soldier.

Also I would rather see factories, forts, docks and construction process with simplified symbols instead of these 3D models.

I guess I would like to have a bit more strategic view, this is looking too much like any real time strategy clicking game (Red Alert and so on).

Well, perhaps I have to learn to use counters finally ;)

I hope that Paradox uses the mechanism that allows for different country-specific uniforms/models for other 3D-models than just soldiers. It would be awesome if you could make a 3D model of say a Chinese fortress or an American fort or whatever. Same for ships etc.

I like the soldier sprite. Reminds me of tin soldiers. If only he would shoulder his rifle properly instead of waving it around like some broomstick :mad: No discipline in the Prussian army, these days...

However the red dot is pretty ugly. It's not even "projected" onto the map, it's just a 2D image within a 3D world, projected onto the screen without any perspective, like the monsters in an early 1990s FPS game :wacko:

Please put in a 3D symbol for the capital... or project the red dot onto the map so it fits into perspective properly!!

Love the graphics!