• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Literacy, I think that is a diploma.

Does Berlin really grow Fruit? Nice to see it is at least profitable. And how in the world did you get the paper factory so profitable?

It is batton and crime suppresion efficiency :)

So, we know we can mobilize infantry brigades... can we get cavalry and artillery mobilized as well? And all other brigades for that matter?

That was one of the more annoing aspects of the Vicky 1 - your mobilized troops were always plain infantry, so you had to keep big artillery/HQ/tank/air brigaded army to take advantage of most of the R&D.

I demand farmers with cannons and mounted clerks! ;)

Kaiser : - send the 1st Berlin Infantry Brigade in Schwerin
Aide-de-camp : - this brigade ?
Kaiser : - No, i said the 1st Berlin Infantry
Aide-de-camp : - but it is the 1st Berlin Infantry
Kaiser : - the other one du blöde scwhein !
Aide-de-camp : - ah ! you meant this one ? Made of farmers ?
Kaiser : - NEIN ! the third 1st Berlin Infantry Brigade !
Aide-de-camp : ...
Kaiser : ok, tell Schwerin we capitulate.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Great. :rofl:

I'm quite fond of how they, seemingly, redid mobilization. Is it possible for the farmer brigades, presuming they are worse statwise then pure soldier brigades, to get better by tech means or reforms? Something like introduction or abolishment of compulsory military service?

So, we know we can mobilize infantry brigades... can we get cavalry and artillery mobilized as well? And all other brigades for that matter?

That was one of the more annoing aspects of the Vicky 1 - your mobilized troops were always plain infantry, so you had to keep big artillery/HQ/tank/air brigaded army to take advantage of most of the R&D.

I demand farmers with cannons and mounted clerks! ;)
I think that's quite realistic to be honest. Line infantry is the easiest and fastest to train and conscripts were probably taught little more than marching, shooting and reloading. Training something like a canon crew though, requires a professional approach.

Maybe experience will turn the farmer-soldiers into proper-soldiers?

Looks great.

The only thing that bothers me is the current mixture of German (Kavalleriebrigade) and English (Infantry) unit names.

And the mixture of Latin and Arab numbers in the unit names... as long as they are not there to make the difference between professional units and drafted soldiers of course.

And as someone has already written: the pound symbol should really be put in front of the number.

Your art guys, or whoever designed the "look" of the map and the interface, really hit the target spot-on. Everything looks pretty alive and vital, without being cartoony- and it catches well the pioneering spirit of that heroic age!

I think that's quite realistic to be honest. Line infantry is the easiest and fastest to train and conscripts were probably taught little more than marching, shooting and reloading. Training something like a canon crew though, requires a professional approach.

Nah, not really.

You don't have to be pro solder to load the gun, deliver the ammo or drive a horse carriage. And we are not talking some village militia here, but conscripts - as trained soldiers that after short period of retraining should be able to operate more then that.

Even the most technical services of the modern conscript armies use reservists in case of mobilization, although of course the % of reservists fit for that duty is lower then GI's.

attachment.php

What does the button next to the culture chart do?

And what's the 4kph on the 2nd screenshot about?

These pictures look absolutely brilliant. I am extremely impressed now and looking forward to the release of the game.

In fact, when is the game due for release again?? :)

I assume they're the same level as professional soldiers, but with a slight malus. I think mainly this change is to ensure that you don't get chaos after you demobilise your army, since in Vicky 1 they'd all revert to farmers. Now we can have farmer soldiers, craftsmen soldiers, clerk soldiers etc.