• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well I know WATKABAOI will have German divided in many cultures so go ahead we will use it. :)

Do you know if there will also be a 'Middle German' culture? If yes then I could do like this:

Prussian -> North German
Saxon -> Middle German
Bavarian - > South German

Do you know if there will also be a 'Middle German' culture? If yes then I could do like this:

Prussian -> North German
Saxon -> Middle German
Bavarian - > South German

No, we didn't split it after linguistical aspects (i voted for this) and not after such random ways like north/lower, middle and south/upper. We came up with: Platt, Mecklenburgian, Pomeranian, Prussian, Markish, Saxon, Silesian, Sudetian, Franconian, Swabian, Bavarian, Hessian, Westphalian, Rhenish and Swiss. In my eyes the (second ;) ) best solution.

Last edited:
WOW, i wasn't that interested in this game until i've seen some of the mods for it.

I WANT!!

Seeing that Arabia mod that seems very interesting one that i will definitely play, would also like to see a general "medieval" mod covering where that one ends to where agceep begins. Would be cool to play across all those games as well

The matter is:

1. will there be South/North German cultures? Or even an Austrian one? I don't think so. In thise case there can only one cultural building style.

2. I need to repair my computer so it read CDs again, until then I cannot do additional sets.

..And yes I may resize those buildings even if it means losing some details.
In MyMap, for instance, there are Upper, Middle and Lower German cultures ;)

In MyMap, for instance, there are Upper, Middle and Lower German cultures ;)

I personally think this makes alot more sence than having like twenty German cultures.

gerlanguages.png

Having twenty cultures just for Germany looks like adding cultures just for the fun of it (in my humble opinion). An united Germany will have an incredible list of cultures. If such a level of detail and regional particularism is made for Germany I am already scared to see the other countries: Aquitaine, Occitan, Languedocian, Provençal, Burgundian, Picard, Normand for France? :confused: EUIII strikes back.:p

Whatever. If I can finally get Cossack to work again that will make the following German building styles:

-Prussian, for Brandenburg/Prussia
-Saxon, for most of Germany (Since it fits well in Saxony, Rheinland, Scwaben, etc)
-Bavarian for Bavaria
-Austrian for Austria
-Swiss for Switzerland

But this is not the point of this thread anyway.

I personally think this makes alot more sence than having like twenty German cultures.

(...)

Having twenty cultures just for Germany looks like adding cultures just for the fun of it (in my humble opinion). An united Germany will have an incredible list of cultures. If such a level of detail and regional particularism is made for Germany I am already scared to see the other countries: Aquitaine, Occitan, Languedocian, Provençal, Burgundian, Picard, Normand for France? :confused: EUIII strikes back.:p

Whatever. If I can finally get Cossack to work again that will make the following German building styles:

-Prussian, for Brandenburg/Prussia
-Saxon, for most of Germany (Since it fits well in Saxony, Rheinland, Scwaben, etc)
-Bavarian for Bavaria
-Austrian for Austria
-Swiss for Switzerland

But this is not the point of this thread anyway.

Fully agree.
IMHO we don't need divided one culture onto several "regional" cultures where difference is the name only but 2 or 3 cultures of main culture is really enough (maximum).

WOW, i wasn't that interested in this game until i've seen some of the mods for it.

I WANT!!

Seeing that Arabia mod that seems very interesting one that i will definitely play, would also like to see a general "medieval" mod covering where that one ends to where agceep begins. Would be cool to play across all those games as well

there already is one, called medieval check DD's

*** note for future, we need a huge mod forum with several compartimented subforums. VERY compartimented for german and balkanic sub forums... Ideally steeled, with big locks and a single key to drop somewhere... ***

Ye gods! So many releases, so little time---looks like I'll have to forgo a few lunches to be able to afford all the great games coming out! (Football Manager 2010, Tropico 3, FTG, Arsenal of Democracy...what a bumper crop!)

Oh dear. Not the German culture debate again...I've given up on it myself.

I was not aware that I opened a pandora box with this topic, sorry about it. :(

WATK is being converted to WATKFTG, but it's not going very well seeing as I don't even know how the game files look like. :D

Now that it has been mentioned let me introduce Watk-Lite I'm working on. It's basically vanilla FtG ported to WatK map.
What's new (or different) compared to vanilla FtG?
- map ... obviously ;)
- a couple of new cultures
- several new countries, most of them in India
- new revolters based on AGCEEP
- new reformation mod, based on Aluns work
- just 1419 scenario for start, but 1520 one is being worked on at the moment.
There will also be a surprise, not a big one, but I like it, and hope you'll find it interesting. :)
This mod is going to be available at the time of the game release.

Now that it has been mentioned let me introduce Watk-Lite I'm working on. It's basically vanilla FtG ported to WatK map.
- map ... obviously ;)
There will also be a surprise, not a big one, but I like it, and hope you'll find it interesting. :)

Oh really, great news!
Does that mean that we'll be able to test it tomorrow? :D

- map ... obviously ;)

Do want *drools*

- map ... obviously ;)

Hmm, I'll talk with my co-modder about this. Maybe a merge is in order. :)