• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Weeeeeeeeeee

So excited. So many possibilities for the mother of all Paradox Games.

I can hardly contain myself.

Ayeshteni

Last edited:
Because new map modes are now discovered, a little extra with confirmation in the tutorial (800x600, modern font and classic shields this time) and a little more for interface...

Attachments

• tutorial.png
    tutorial.png
    212,1 KB · Views: 2.576
Thanks.

Looks really great. However, I'm a little disappointed about the lack of changes to the number of provinces. This IMHO is the greatest improvement of EU3 and the greatest flaw of EU2.

Will a new map and compatible AGCEEP be ready at FTG release?

Looks really great. However, I'm a little disappointed about the lack of changes to the number of provinces. This IMHO is the greatest improvement of EU3 and the greatest flaw of EU2.
Maybe but EU3 map has also downsides and FTG will not require up-to-date computers. I wish we could do better for the map but it was simply unaffordable without specific programmer skills, including display speed optimization. Nevertheless, it could change in the future while keeping the spirit of the game and requirement intact as much as possible. As I already said elsewhere, map is the hardest nut to crack...

Will a new map and compatible AGCEEP be ready at FTG release?
FTG will be bundled with last available and converted AGCEEP version for current map.

Adaptation (see the difference with conversion) to FTG and the new map will then publicly start as it should for a free mod and with all possible contributors.

Last edited:
This looks really excellent.

I really like the original province count as well, it is really refreshing sometimes to play EUII because of the map and the more "tidied up" provinces and some game mechanics.

I know we should wait for dev-diaries but i have to ask two questions. :eek:o

- Will army/navy names be changeable (i know..it's minor but still...)

- Trade...can we only send one merchant now?

Well in EUII u had to send 2 merchants on a "trade mission" for full COTs.
One would compete for a slot and then disappear while the second could then try to establish himself in the slot.

In EUIII (dont ask which patch or expansion please) it was changed so that a successful competition did not make that merchant disappear.
I really found this a major improvement to the whole EU trade system.

Who came up with and decided the game's title?

I'm glad to see the little notification flags in this game, too. After having them in Victoria:Revolutions, Crusader Kings: DV, and EU3, it'd be really hard to go back to life without them!

In EUIII (dont ask which patch or expansion please) it was changed so that a successful competition did not make that merchant disappear.
Perfectly clear now

Who came up with and decided the game's title?
Me for the proposal and the team for approval. It seems Paradox liked it too. :)

How do your spouses tolerate your significant investment in an as yet unpaid project?

Good question... it must be called love...

And it is a (more than) full time work for me.
I suppose that makes you more personable.

You earned my brand loyalty. ;)

That revolt risk icon is supposed to be a fork and smoke :confused:

Also the 'normal view' referred to in the tutorial should be the 'terrain view'.

Now I suppose we must guess what the notifiers are. I guess the first one is to do with high revolt risk; the second and third to do with sliders perhaps one for investment sliders and one for domestic sliders; and the last one might tell us that a manufactory is available or something.

Good job. I look forward to more news.

Ha I think I noticed something no one has mentioned. It seems it is possible to pick leaders for armies instantly instead of walking them half-way across the world. Now I just click which leader I want. Does this work for conquistadors and explorers too??? I remember being pretty irritated in EU 2 when an explorer/conquistador appears far away from terra incognita and he dies before or in the middle of exploring. Now I could just shoft him to were he needs to be.