• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I haven't been checking the boards that often recently, but I just found out about Vicky 2, and this is what I have to say:

OMG YAY :D

This made my day.

Obviously, we need a zoom feature as suggested for HOI3, where you can zoom in close enough to read CSA's belt buckles, especially the Texas ones. And make 'em look this big.

With that level of zoom, most players will just spend all there time zooming into buckingham palace trying to get a look at Vicky's boobs

Keep on topic folks, and if you can't be civil to each other, expect moderator intervention.

You may wish to review the forum rules. In particular:

You will not argue with, comment on or question the actions/authority of the Paradox staff (Administrators, Moderators, etc.) in a public forum. Should you wish to do so you are directed to contact the Paradox staff via PM (the private messaging system - see “Violations and Penalties” below).

Just some friendly advice. I'd much prefer to have as much input as possible into this game, particularly voices of dissent, as long as it's constructive and civil.

You may wish to review the forum rules. In particular:

You will not argue with, comment on or question the actions/authority of the Paradox staff (Administrators, Moderators, etc.) in a public forum. Should you wish to do so you are directed to contact the Paradox staff via PM (the private messaging system - see “Violations and Penalties” below).

Just some friendly advice. I'd much prefer to have as much input as possible into this game, particularly voices of dissent, as long as it's constructive and civil.

Got ya. I'm just saying, if one of the board's owners took it in a certain direction, it seems like we could follow. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

It was a staff member, and it was asking for trouble, but we were the ones who actually turned it that way. So now the mod has come along, it's time to play nice and go back to the original topic.

Back to the sprites, I'm glad they're going to be moddable. It just seems a little silly to have armoured units from WWI to 1935 being represented by one graphic for example - or worse, to have them represented by a 19th century tin soldier if they're implemented as attachments. And will the Red Baron in his triplane be flying over France in an early WWII, having come out of retirement from the last war? Still these are minor quibbles. I look forward to hearing some more meaty diaries soon, hopefully...

Got ya. I'm just saying, if one of the board's owners took it in a certain direction, it seems like we could follow. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

It's the lack of civility that is the issue.

In this forum, we do not call insult other posters by calling them stupid or a troll, as has recently been done in this thread. There will be decorum in this forum, and proper respect for the opinions of others, even if we do not agree with those opinions ourselves.

Posters who repeatedly choose to behave in such juvenile fashion may find their access to this forum reviewed by the administration.

So let's all work to keep the discussion in the various threads civil and respectful, one that Victoria herself might feel comfortable visiting. Let's not turn this forum into a repeat of some of the other game forums here at Paradox where the collective behavioral age of the posters seems to run at about 11 years old.

God I hope this post is seen in the light I'm posting it as, and not as an insult...

There is a huuuuuge irony in a gay man posting in pink that the forum should be a place that a woman who's level of sexual-denial and "straight-lacededness" named an entire Age would enjoy.

But as the box-cover has indicated, Victoria2 (like all Paradox game) is about changing history. So why should France, Russia and the US get British WWI sprites if they are f.e. allied to Germany in 1910.

System similar to the one from EU3 would be probably decent solution here - as when you get certain tech (say, breachloaders) your sprites get upgraded globally, then again when, let's say, WWI techs kicks in and so on. 3, max. 4 infantry sprites in each set should be perfectly enough for any army.

Hooray to a new series of Developer Diaries!

I found your explanations in the diary very interesting, especially the part about Revolutions.

I have bought Victoria with the Strategy Six Pack (including EU II and what not) and even though I tried hard, I never managed to really get into the game.

Then along came Revolutions. I bought it, tried it and (with some help from OHGamers wonderful "Power by Production") loved it.

So I'm one of those people the second expansion to Vicky and thus Vicky 2 was designed for. I feel so flattered. :D

Keep up the good work and the steady flow of information.

God I hope this post is seen in the light I'm posting it as, and not as an insult...

There is a huuuuuge irony in a gay man posting in pink that the forum should be a place that a woman who's level of sexual-denial and "straight-lacededness" named an entire Age would enjoy.

:confused: I am assuming some posts got deleted...
All the same, a person's sexual orientation or prudishness level has absolutely no relevance to many PI fans discussing, anticipating and ultimately enjoying what will be a wonderful game together.

So when is the next developer's diary coming out? I can't wait to see more info about the new map.