• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh, nice sprites. I especially love the Swedish sprite, wearing the beautiful m/ä-uniform.

However, I think the uniform depicted is the m/1845. ?

The trousers should be blue. (White trousers were only used during the summer, so for most of the year trousers were blue)

The yellow "passepoil" around the edges of the jacket should be removed.

Could you pass this along to the Armé Museum here it Stockholm, as their uniforms are wrong too?

Lippe-Detmold is not going to have a custom sprite. For all you Lippe-Detmold fans out there I know you are going to be upset but hopefully there will still be something in the game for you. So short answer big countries get custom sprites then there will generic ones for various regions.

Since my guess would be that they are much more provinces on this map then it is in Eu3 would that result in more german minors?

Next week we'll talk a bit about the Map.

Cool. One thing, the mockup has 'Poland', 'Hungary' 'Italy' etc written on the map, personally I think that is a bit unneccesary, but I can see the aesthetic appeal (as in making it look like a map from the era). Is there any chance those region names could only appear on terrain mapmode?

Next week we'll talk a bit about the Map.

Can we get an updating sprite for the USA....a star on the US flag for each new state? ;)

Could you pass this along to the Armé Museum here it Stockholm, as their uniforms are wrong too?

Well apparently you must've used an officer uniform as model for the sprite. A private's uniform doesn't not have passepoil. As you can see this is how a m/1845-coat for a private looks like:

BigImageContent.do

And officers uniforms don't have passepoil on the "bottom part" of the coat.

And concerning the trousers, I didn't say they were wrong, I said why it'd be better to use dark blue trousers instead.

Well apparently you must've used an officer uniform as model for the sprite. A private's uniform doesn't not have passepoil. As you can see this is how a m/1845-coat for a private looks like:

BigImageContent.do

And officers uniforms don't have passepoil on the "bottom part" of the coat.

And concerning the trousers, I didn't say they were wrong, I said why it'd be better to use dark blue trousers instead.

I'll tell our 3D artist to only use private's uniforms in future.

That's a place holder.

O goodie, because I know it sounds lame but I wouldn't have bought it until it was removed. I have serious OCD and seeing 999 instead of 1000 would have driven me bonkers.

I do love the sprites though, they look good. I assume with the ease of "fixing" the Clauswitz engine us fans of the small countries will be able to quickly add historical sprites to our liking?

Oh no, we've been found out.

I am sad to announce that Victoria 2 has been cancelled, however Crusader Kings 2 is out next week.

Potm! :rofl:

O goodie, because I know it sounds lame but I wouldn't have bought it until it was removed. I have serious OCD and seeing 999 instead of 1000 would have driven me bonkers.

I do love the sprites though, they look good. I assume with the ease of "fixing" the Clauswitz engine us fans of the small countries will be able to quickly add historical sprites to our liking?

yeh once you get the sprite in it is just simple task of editiing a few plain text files.

We are just going for single level sprites.

Not that I even use them, but won't the old INF sprites look awkward in WW1 with new tech tank, airplane and BB sprites? Is it possible to revert the old INF sprites to perhaps HoI3 INF sprites in the 20th century?

Not that I even use them, but won't the old INF sprites look awkward in WW1 with new tech tank, airplane and BB sprites? Is it possible to revert the old INF sprites to perhaps HoI3 INF sprites in the 20th century?

It's not quite that simple. I have actually asked a programmer exactly this question and I got a lot technical stuff about shaders back.

It's not quite that simple. I have actually asked a programmer exactly this question and I got a lot technical stuff about shaders back.

I havent checked in detail, but I think it might be quite doable with some texture changes by the modders.

Okay, once again Paradox have me hooked . . . .