• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No, Poles in Prussia will not rise to get slaughtered by the Prussian army just because Austria is the middle of a revolution.

I'm not saying it should automatically trigger an uprising, but those Polish POPs should definitely be getting consciousness and militancy from their brethren across the border getting piled on by Russian and Austrian troops (could be tied to Prussia's diplomatic stance, also - if Prussia is historically chummy with St. Petersburg, their Polish population should take a dim view of their government's apparent support for the slaughter).

I also doubt that Prussia and Austria would sit around and wait for an independent Poland, so this would give some incentive to the player to do something about the situation - redeploy troops, at least.

I like this idea. Extra events and unique rebels can simply be added in expansions and mods. :)

Just make sure the mechanics are there and the detail can be fleshed out later.

I'm not saying it should automatically trigger an uprising, but those Polish POPs should definitely be getting consciousness and militancy from their brethren across the border getting piled on by Russian and Austrian troops (could be tied to Prussia's diplomatic stance, also - if Prussia is historically chummy with St. Petersburg, their Polish population should take a dim view of their government's apparent support for the slaughter).

I also doubt that Prussia and Austria would sit around and wait for an independent Poland, so this would give some incentive to the player to do something about the situation - redeploy troops, at least.

NO the don't each country is independent of each other.

NO the don't each country is independent of each other.

I understand that it may be quite difficult (and, at this stage, probably impossible) to implement such a complex mechanism, I'm just not sure why you're dismissing the idea out of hand. Especially as the system would feed into a concept that you came up with - liberal nationalist revolutions resulting in the liberals handing someone the crown of a newly baked country. Obviously, it's an outcome of just one liberal revolution, in one particular state, in that case, but why not expand it? Something to think about for the eventual expansion pack.

It seems there's still a few things not covered by DDs, notably technology, some of the new diplomatic options, etc.

tech has been covered, and it will not change a lot from Vicky1.

colonization is covered, and immigration doesn't seem like there's much to talk about. more diplomacy would nice indeed.

When was tech covered? There weren't any screenshots of that screen, and nothing but an offhand remark that it's similar to Vicky 1. Well, so is the stuff in all 27 developer diaries. It's all similar.

ive got a suggestion i think that in upcoming expansions you should include a simple royal family system like ck without all the different families trees just the ruling dynasty. it would be pretty easy to mod in as there werent any big dynastic changes (except the Lippe Succession as mentioned in the dev diary) and it could give some sense to Hohenzollern Succession to the Spanish throne starting the Franco-Prussian war etc. thats just my two cents.;)

Sound nice. I'm getting interested in modding too. This feature will allow some very cool scenarios (also helps in creating those "alternative history"-scenarios).

Sounds alright I guess VIP will add some of there old events as well later on. :)

I wanted a screen-shot :(

The practical effect of the Taipings would be similar to the Boxers (opium ban etc) but with the stress on internal reform more than expunging western influence per se. Might mod it before I even start.

I often wonder how things would have developed if Hong Xiuquan hadn't been such a mentalist.

Were some added to the late period? Events were thin on the ground in the second half of the game and almost nonexistent after WWI.

The Taipings are Christian Rebels, think of awesomeness for a Christian China.

I do think the Taipings are special enough to be a country-specific rebel.

What about Japan? Do we got the "rebels" for the Meiji Restoration?

Actually, I think Japan should get her boxer equivalent too, Japan and China is sort of interchangeable I might imagine, especially for a "sandbox game".

Sounds good. The game does need all these little events, they help make the countries that bit more interesting. Game mechanics should be used to make the game play different, but it's all the neat little extras that make you want to go and find a history book and read more, even if they do nothing to the game.

The Taipings are Christian Rebels, think of awesomeness for a Christian China.

I do think the Taipings are special enough to be a country-specific rebel.

What about Japan? Do we got the "rebels" for the Meiji Restoration?

Actually, I think Japan should get her boxer equivalent too, Japan and China is sort of interchangeable I might imagine, especially for a "sandbox game".

Need to be careful here, while Hong Xiuquan was clearly influenced by Christian teachings, the Taiping movement itself fused the ideas of Christianity gained from the missionaries with many elements of traditional Chinese political, economic and social thought. To say that the Taiping were going to create a "Christian China" is highly problematic, and even the Western diplomats in the treaty ports lost their enthusiasm for the Taiping over time as they came to understand the fusionist nature of Taiping ideology.

As for Meiji Japan, who would the rebels be - the pro-Imperial westernizers who had already gained royal sanction for the overthrow of the Tokugawa, precipitating the Meij Restoration, or the partisans of the bakufu who fought to preserve the old order in spite of the imperial decision? Personally I'd argue the latter, not the former, but I think this is best a series of events that are handled by modders post-release.

Need to be careful here, while Hong Xiuquan was clearly influenced by Christian teachings, the Taiping movement itself fused the ideas of Christianity gained from the missionaries with many elements of traditional Chinese political, economic and social thought. To say that the Taiping were going to create a "Christian China" is highly problematic, and even the Western diplomats in the treaty ports lost their enthusiasm for the Taiping over time as they came to understand the fusionist nature of Taiping ideology.

As for Meiji Japan, who would the rebels be - the pro-Imperial westernizers who had already gained royal sanction for the overthrow of the Tokugawa, precipitating the Meij Restoration, or the partisans of the bakufu who fought to preserve the old order in spite of the imperial decision? Personally I'd argue the latter, not the former, but I think this is best a series of events that are handled by modders post-release.

I still think Japan should get their Boxer-equivalent rebel. The 8-Nation Alliance could gang on Japan instead of China in the other worlds.

Bolsheviks, Liberal Revolutionaries, South Americans, here we come. :D

Would it be possible to have those uprisings in Brazil modeled like this? For example, they want to have less reforms or more reforms or whatever.