• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wonder what expelling advisors and banning embassies will do. :)

I'm not so sure myself, but I think banning embassies could stop another nation from initiating diplomatic actions in that country for a time.

Along that line expelling advisors could probably be the option that makes it harder for another nation to influnce the country.

You can reduce their influence in a country; make it harder for them to gain influence for a while, even reduce the country’s opinion of them.

Great dev dd as usual.

Thanks King!

Good work. I m very interested in the militancy bonus to minorities. Are we finally going to see say the polish declaring independence if the russians lose standing to the Japanese?

that would be intresting.....

don't know what to think about the whole GP system yet doh

Good work. I m very interested in the militancy bonus to minorities. Are we finally going to see say the polish declaring independence if the russians lose standing to the Japanese?

If it costs them their great power status then yes you will get more chance of a Polish rising.

There's no "Negotiations" button, so I guess option to purchase technologies or land is out ?

There's no "Negotiations" button, so I guess option to purchase technologies or land is out ?

The AI is really bad at that, and you (the Victoria fans) spent several years ruthlessly exploiting the poor AI. Until we can get an AI that is good enough to neogtiate we are dropping it as a game concept. It is my opinion that a bad negotiating AI is bigger immersion breaker than no negotiations.

very nice!
i have 2 questions though,
1 can a GP have SoI on another GP? or, might it happen that a country leaves your SoI for becoming GP?
2 can SoI be "inherited", ie, Prussia has SoI on Bavaria, Bavaria has SoI on Switzerland.

this SoI thing is really cool. kudos to the team.

In the screenshot on the right there are 3 rows with: Friendly, Cordial and Sphere. Sphere is SOI, but what is the meaning of Friendly and Cordial?

They are types of opinion that a country can. Sphere is the best.

very nice!
i have 2 questions though,
1 can a GP have SoI on another GP? or, might it happen that a country leaves your SoI for becoming GP?
2 can SoI be "inherited", ie, Prussia has SoI on Bavaria, Bavaria has SoI on Switzerland.

this SoI thing is really cool. kudos to the team.

1) No, Great Powers are great.
2) No, if you become a Great Power you have no sphere until you carve one out for yourself.

The AI is really bad at that, and you (the Victoria fans) spent several years ruthlessly exploiting the poor AI. Until we can get an AI that is good enough to neogtiate we are dropping it as a game concept. It is my opinion that a bad negotiating AI is bigger immersion breaker than no negotiations.

Signed on that. Techwhoring is bad.

Though perhaps there could be events by which technically advanced GPs could choose to gift a tech to an ally / spherebitch.

Glad to hear it!

So now we have how we become Great Powers, but we need to know how uncivilized countries will civilize themselves! Oh, these are so tantalizing!

And the moment I read about fighting to stay a great power, my stomach tied itself into knots. Oh, my poor Ottoman Empire, now I know how you're going to struggle during this century. Not only are you next to Russia, but you're going to keep trying to maintain prestige and military fitness, just like Victoria I!

Ah well; that's the way history went, so I'm glad that piece fell into place. On the other hand, that means I can't wait to attack Spain as Japan; I just hope that taking the Philippines doesn't take so much badboy this time around. I mean, America did it with no problem.

Which brings me to my question: are Great Powers tolerated in committing some actions more than 2nd-tier powers? For example, do they accumulate less badboy for their wars, or is there any other similar dynamic?

Wise decition! :)

Only drawback is that I then cannot use Neville to "fix" stupid AI versus AI peace deals. Hopefully the new AI with the new war-aim concept will make this need redundant. And then there is aways editing the savegame files... :D

Oh, and a nice DD :cool: