• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
whats elephants got to do with america?
surely thats more an india and/or africa thing?
i mean asses i can understand cos of how the yanks have a different meaning for the word which is applicable, but elephants?

no? if it was a joke it would have been funny. thats how you know theyre jokes.
the clues in the name. What does it mean in america then? seems youre american so you ought to know in an expanable way.

But in terms of parties, surely a multi-party and not a two party system would be the one to be taking the imagery from

Last edited:
whats elephants got to do with america?
surely thats more an india and/or africa thing?
i mean asses i can understand cos of how the yanks have a different meaning for the word which is applicable, but elephants?
In the 1870s, political cartoonist Thomas Nast began using the donkey as a symbol for the Democratic Party and the elephant as a symbol for the Republican Party. Not coincidentally, Nast was a Republican. He also invented the now-common depiction of Santa Claus as a jolly fat man.

If some upper house members will break rank under the right conditions, how exactly does that work? Will they flip ideology suddenly, or will the game tell us that say X conservatives are willing to support reform?

If some upper house members will break rank under the right conditions, how exactly does that work? Will they flip ideology suddenly, or will the game tell us that say X conservatives are willing to support reform?

A percentage of them will begin to support reforms. I think it shows what percentage of each ideology supports a reform when you hover your mouse over it on the politics screen.

I guess that second one. Whe the MIL will get high enough, conservatives will simply start to behave in different way.