• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Long term medical effects from breached Head Armor, anyone? : )
Feature request?
Better as a random event maybe whith spores placing a tag to trigger it.
:D

Feature request?
Feature Request?

Yes. If we never requested features, HBS would not have a basis from which to add features as the finite resources permit. :bow:

Though additional tag-based Random Events are indeed very welcome.

Though to be crystal clear, I'd like to see BATTLETECH Infantry first. : )

Feature Request?

Yes. If we never requested features, HBS would not have a basis from which to add features as the finite resources permit. :bow:

Though additional tag-based Random Events are indeed very welcome.

Though to be crystal clear, I'd like to see BATTLETECH Infantry first. : )
Of course.

But I meant is it a suggestion, or just a musing?

We all do both so often they blend together and its hard to tell :)

Long term medical effects from breached Head Armor, anyone? : )

Feature request?

We already have the Drawing Straws event (nasty infection needs to be cleared).
Once we figure out how to make FLASHPOINTS this could probably be triggered after a Jungle biome. (Not entirely certain).
However, the idea of allowing a ProcGen mission to generate increased odds of a specific event... this would take a not inconsiderable amount of effort imho. Given the very static nature of the ProcGens this would probably suck.

ITT I'd prefer Infantry but the FLASHPOINT idea is worthy of investigation.

We already have the Drawing Straws event (nasty infection needs to be cleared).
Once we figure out how to make FLASHPOINTS this could probably be triggered after a Jungle biome. (Not entirely certain).
However, the idea of allowing a ProcGen mission to generate increased odds of a specific event... this would take a not inconsiderable amount of effort imho. Given the very static nature of the ProcGens this would probably suck.

ITT I'd prefer Infantry but the FLASHPOINT idea is worthy of investigation.
I was thinking more that terrain based spore exposure in map added a tag that could spawn the event.

But you're probably right.

I was thinking more that terrain based spore exposure in map added a tag that could spawn the event.

But you're probably right.
Being exposed to Lunar or Martian might also be interesting... low/no pressure you get the bends. But, yeah... PITA.

3auyb3hHvyUYrGMGwgxJDzvi2XCsQsMrtCKX8OhmlWNyr7Uv9g1MeJv4_hOT6YEyX5AfjF9dvnRwLytiZUiYaeIJJ1F1PNQlKKNtBIB3J0VKMBpV8bE9YRtar9fLMJdDfUa9NnF3

And this image reminded me I have to set the bloody scale to smaller for the mechs. I keep meaning to do it, and then I get playing and promptly forget.... Sigh....
What is reminds me is that most people don't live in rainforest! A mech might be 15 meters tall; a Leopard is 22 meters tall. But a giant redwood or red cedar is 100m; a Brazil nut tree is 50m.

So those are dinky trees ^-^

-Crissa

What is reminds me is that most people don't live in rainforest! A mech might be 15 meters tall; a Leopard is 22 meters tall. But a giant redwood or red cedar is 100m; a Brazil nut tree is 50m.

So those are dinky trees ^-^

-Crissa
If you play with the 'Mech Resizer mod and scale them down to near lore size, it's easy to lose a LCT or COM in the trees we have now. If they made them to rainforest averages, we'd lose our entire company and the enemy in the canopy.

Well to be fair the broadband in the rainforest tends to be pretty poor :D
True! I have to have a femto cell to make my phone work during rainstorms ^-^ Irony, though, is that my throughput is better than when I lived in Sunnyvale. Why? Comcast has to replace the lines pretty frequently as they get damaged by rain and storms. In the city, they just turned up the power until they burned out their modem transmitters!

If you play with the 'Mech Resizer mod and scale them down to near lore size, it's easy to lose a LCT or COM in the trees we have now. If they made them to rainforest averages, we'd lose our entire company and the enemy in the canopy.
Yes... But we can zoom in sooo close it's cool to be firing through the woods.

-Crissa

Yes... But we can zoom in sooo close it's cool to be firing through the woods.

-Crissa
Not if all you see is trees. You'd need a very high canopy probably 2-4x AS7 hight and no intermediate foliage for it to work with the camera. Anything near 'Mech hight + 1-10m would obscure the over the shoulder cam and we already have issues with foliage directly in front of the camera without making dense forest taller.