• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ya i honestly dont see how Steiner and Kurita will be viable as an alliance unless the devs add some territory for them.
They would probably do it the same way they currently do it. Clandestine missions where they are the backer, but it's in the current region of space. Projecting/protecting their interests as it were via mercenaries.

They would probably do it the same way they currently do it. Clandestine missions where they are the backer, but it's in the current region of space. Projecting/protecting their interests as it were via mercenaries.
The 'little problem' is how you benefit from they stores if they can't have one without a planet ?

This is an interesting point. Without access to Steiner or Kuritan space, how would we access their special Quartermaster shops? Normally all shops are accessed in system and the shop is automatically controlled by which ever faction space you are in.
We'll also get Black Markets, which I guess won't be run by the planetary government.
So the answer is "same way as you access the black market".

We'll also get Black Markets, which I guess won't be run by the planetary government.
So the answer is "same way as you access the black market".

Maybe random events that occur once in orbit that opens up a store front?

will my rep with a particular House affect the loyalty of any mechwarriors i hire? say i hire a native Capellan mechwarrior, and i regularly take on missions with the Fed Suns against Liao...will my hired Capellan mechwarrior mutiny and leave my merc company?

Oh, excellent question. I sure hope it does. Adds an extra layer of depth to our Mercs.

Which reminds me, I hope the Merc Descriptors have a much greater impact on the game in 1.3/Flashpoints.

This is why, when choosing my pilots, I ensured they were either Davion or had no reason to go back to their former House. Just. In. Case.

There's no consequence (yet) with pilot tags other than events, but I sure did consider hiring the pilot with "Infantry NCO" (or similar) last night in anticipation of Something Good (tm) coming of it in Urban Warfare....

Mail order :)
The same way we had to get all our TT sourcebooks etc lol. Was only recounting to the wife last night how we used to fill in a paper form and our local games shop would order it in from the US for us.

1. Yes.
2. No.

Does this mean with enough gameplay, we can technically access all the flashpoint missions without having to reload/restart a game (especially since career mode is ironman by default - is that optional or mandatory?)

As in, reach an alliance with one faction, to access the faction specific content, and after you get bored with that to break alliance and build up to ally with a different faction, repeat for all 5 factions?

Will the allied faction specific stores have different selections of high end equipment that are faction exclusive?

This is an interesting point. Without access to Steiner or Kuritan space, how would we access their special Quartermaster shops? Normally all shops are accessed in system and the shop is automatically controlled by which ever faction space you are in.
The Kurita Quartermaster Shops?

I believe the Combine's Shop will be accessible through the good graces and auspices of Renauld Yamaguchi, House Kurita Contracting Officer to the Rimward Periphery:

House Kurita Contracting Officer.png

Bob's got inventory and it is priced to MOVE! : )
:D hahahahahaha

PH, are you quoting the "Bobs Furniture" commercials? Effectively I might add...
Seems Bobs family gets into more lucrative arms trading by 3025

:D hahahahahaha

PH, are you quoting the "Bobs Furniture" commercials? Effectively I might add...
Seems Bobs family gets into more lucrative arms trading by 3025
Here in northeast Pennsylvania, we are about equidistance from NYC and Philly, and if there is one thing that the television channels of both cities have in common it is...BOB! : )

Here in northeast Pennsylvania, we are about equidistance from NYC and Philly, and if there is one thing that the television channels of both cities have in common it is...BOB! : )

ah...so allentown, bethlehem, easton area....
philly born here lived/worked in levittown, bristol, trenton, cherry hill

I’ve allied with both House Kurita and House Steiner during my last BATTLETECH Solo-Campaign. While neither House has a system on the BATTLETECH Star Charts, they most certainly have interests represented there, seemingly localized to the Davion Star Systems for House Kurita and Marik Star Systems for House Steiner.

From there and once having enough Kurita or Steiner Reputation Points to warrant an Alliance, I see no issue with Dropships rendezvous where having been purchased, Kurita Arms, Equipment and Mechs are then transferred to the player’s dropship. Or perhaps a small moon...

While I would like to see the BATTLETECH Star Chart expand in time, I don’t think Reputation and Faction Shops need drive that expansion in order for House Kurita and House Steiner Faction Shops to be “in-Play.” :bow:

At the risk of being a party pooper (and I'm pressed for time at the moment so couldn't check to see if it's already been answered)

1. Why would any House formally ally with a 2-bit merc unit? While they're chucking Regiments around and generally shifting their weight in tectonic scales... we never put more than a lance on the field. We seem like awfully small fish, more of a Spec-Ops unit at best rather than someone they'd want to be hanging posters of on their walls. (consider this an oblique plug for putting more controllable units on the field :) )

2. Maybe some kind of curve for rep gain? Basically, if no one knows me and no one really likes me... they all kinda shrug if we take missions against them. Sure, our employer likes us but it's not something everyone takes note of. Later on though, when we've got the House Marik cheerleader squad sending us love notes, THEN their enemies take note of when we show up to blow up their shiny stuff and as such, start to shake their fist at us.

And I've managed to lose my train of thought for the 3rd idea/question. Getting older sucks!