• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For the record, each faction has ONE punishingly difficult (and long) flashpoint that unlocks when you become allied. We edited the dev diary to reflect this.

To be honest I wasn't actually expecting more - you guys have only had six months since surviving crunch! - but it's a useful clarification. As is though it's still a proper shot across the bow and on its own would make a nice capstone to a Career Mode run so... nope, still looking forward to getting my grubby mits on this.

So, that would be all the factions but the Federated Suns, right?

Essentially correct.

davion victory.PNG

The benefits of declaring for a faction are well highlighted (though I'm disappointed that the Periphery is being left out :(), but what's the point in remaining neutral? I don't really see an upside.

Good news that we can break alliances.

That suggests you could go all Wolf Dragoons, having an alliance with each faction in turn, & collect all the Flashpoints/goodies in a single campaign.

The benefits of declaring for a faction are well highlighted (though I'm disappointed that the Periphery is being left out :(), but what's the point in remaining neutral? I don't really see an upside.
Every faction has way more enemies than allies. Allying with a faction makes it really hard to get missions from your faction's enemies, and you won't get paid very well or build up any rep with them. So it's going to restrict your available jobs pretty dramatically.

The Periphery is being left out *for now*. I hope to get a chance to come back to this in future updates. No promises, but it's on my list of Things I Hope To Get To.

Every faction has way more enemies than allies. Allying with a faction makes it really hard to get missions from your faction's enemies, and you won't get paid very well or build up any rep with them. So it's going to restrict your available jobs pretty dramatically.

The Periphery is being left out *for now*. I hope to get a chance to come back to this in future updates. No promises, but it's on my list of Things I Hope To Get To.
Thanks for the clarification.

Cool!
Now, a (hiss) modding opportunity arises to create Events and Flashpoints that potentially allow one to ally with other mercenary troupes... I wonder if G. Carlyle is interested in hiring subcontractors?

Anyhow,
upload_2018-10-23_15-15-14.png

Cool!
Now, a (hiss) modding opportunity arises to create Events and Flashpoints that potentially allow one to ally with other mercenary troupes... I wonder if G. Carlyle is interested in hiring subcontractors?

Anyhow,
View attachment 412579
LeftTwix.png

#LeftTwix

... When you reach the pinnacle of reputation with a faction, they’ll make you an offer: formally ally with them, become an employee of their House, and agree to make their enemies your enemies.

As an ally, the contract system no longer offers you missions that target your allied House, and your reputation with them can never fall below zero. They also give you access to special quartermaster shops that contain high-end equipment and rare ‘Mech parts. At the same time, you’ll formally become Enemies with the factions that hate your new allies, and your reputation with them will be reduced to zero -- and it can never rise above zero.

What’s more, if you own the Flashpoint DLC, allying with a faction will unlock access to some of the hardest content in the game. We’ve created one punishingly difficult Flashpoint for each faction with tremendous rewards at the end, touching on major events and conflicts of the setting’s timeline. You’ll be working directly with your faction’s representative, taking on sensitive, top-secret missions to advance their interests in the region ...

Hi Kiva, this is really wonderful news!

As after about 305 weeks of elapsed in-game time, my Mercenary Outfit has managed to become allied with the Arano Restoration as well as the Federated suns and the Capellan confederation, and is getting closer to become an ally to the Free World league too...

Therefore, a question comes to my mind: what happen if any of us (like me) manage to reach Allied status with more than one of the factions listed in the Commander Quarters' Reputation section before this update is implemented, be it patch 1.3 or the Flashpoint DLC? Will we get an official Alliance Treaty proposal from each of such previously allied faction all at the same time, or do we get this offer one at a time whenever we negotiate the next contract for such allied Faction?

Thanks very much for any insight you'll share about it, and congratulations for the excellent work done so far!

I think the first you accept invalidate the others.

Agreed.

What I was wondering about, though, was whether I might get such multiple offers all at the same time (let's say the first time I play again mu current campaign after the new update will have been implemented), and will need to choose right and then which one to ally to, of if I'll get one offer at a time when chances are right (for instance, as soon as I get to negotiate a contract for the Federated Suns, I get the option to become their ally once and for all - then if I politely decline I automatically become demoted to friendly status, but the next time I pick a contract for the still-allied Capellan Confederation faction they will offer me the same choice, and so on... :)

Now I am pumped for Flashpoint. I've definitely got to do a FWL-orientated career mode run but I'm sorely tempted to do a run for all 4 factions to see those hard Flashpoints...

I assume that there are more Kurita/Steiner missions being offered in 1.3 than before? I think I saw a couple of Steiner missions offered and no Kuritan ones in an entire campaign in v1/1.1 It'd be tough to earn enough rep at that rate!