• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How can they not be? Career Mode is a single-player mode.
Cause I'm stupid and grew up when playing video games required a trip to the Game Parlor and a bunch of quarters.
I automatically assumed the Scores would be public.
*derp*

dont forget....those 1200 days in career mode do not include mucking about grinding and such getting ready for campaign missions.
so that frees up loads of time to do this your way....not scrounging at the arse end of the innersphere for scraps from Kamea.
I never really found myself “grinding” and “getting ready for campaign missions”
They were just attempted a little after they popped up or when my mechwarriors were healed up.

If anything career mode might see more time wasted traveling further to make contracts or get to particular IS systems with high level loot.

:)
*tap tap*
hey is this thing on?
2 weeks... Monday's Noon USA Eastern... 9 am USA Pacific... I've been mashing refresh like only every other minute :) for the last 2 hours.
(joking I noted the 2 week timer awhile ago... and even mentioned how it might not be a 2 week timer)

Personally I REALLY hope they add an ending to the score. I worked very hard in both Pirates and Mechwarrior 2: Mercs to increase my score but in other games I've played that have a score I couldn't care less. The reason is that in these two games your score meant something. So what if I get a score of 15679, is that good or bad? I go online and see that someone posts that they have a score of 28208, so does that mean I suck or that this person is just freakishly good or figured out an exploit?

But if after the score screen there is a screen that tells me that I have accomplished enough to purchase my own moon now I feel like I've accomplished something, or if I simply retire to a modest cottage I know I need to play again and and try much harder. I know that developer time and resources are limited so I don't expect anything fancy, maybe 15 different endings of a couple sentences depending on what your score is. I think it would add a lot for little development cost.

Perhaps if they were willing to take a little more time they could factor in the reputation system, so if you have a score of say 20000+ (made up high number) and you are allied to a faction (perhaps you have to have completed their super hard faction mission) you are awarded a minor noble title, or if allied with pirates you are named a pirate king. This can make reputation more valuable and make the score more tangible.

Honestly one mission in monster hunter can be up to 50 mins....battletechs missions ain't got nothing on that...bring on co-OP or at least multiple lances... or at least let me have aerospace fighter support...or atleast let me salvage vehicles and use them! Or all of these things!

So I finished the narrative campaign months ago and have continued to play my merc company since. If I read it right, upon activating the Flashpoint expansion I should start seeing Flashpoints in my saved Campaign game, correct? How will this differ from starting over in Career mode? Is there a reimbursement of points to reskill my existing pilots? Or if I continue in campaign mode I just see the new mechs and Flashpoint story-lines but the skill structure remains the same? I have yet to find a clear answer to this.

It's been about 8 hours since I've had flashpoint installed and my Battletech game will not start I've been trying to get help from steam and don't seem to find any, now I'm here hopinh some one can help. I've put in over 600 hours into this game and have to say I'm very dissapointed, I've spent a lot of money on kickstarter for this game and can't understand why when there is an upgrade things just go wrong. 'm not PC savy and sometimes things are hard to understand. I just don't think one should have to unstall their game and reinstall it to get it to work!!!

So I finished the narrative campaign months ago and have continued to play my merc company since. If I read it right, upon activating the Flashpoint expansion I should start seeing Flashpoints in my saved Campaign game, correct? How will this differ from starting over in Career mode? Is there a reimbursement of points to reskill my existing pilots? Or if I continue in campaign mode I just see the new mechs and Flashpoint story-lines but the skill structure remains the same? I have yet to find a clear answer to this.
Yes, Flashpoints should start showing up after you load a completed Restoration campaign game. Career mode is a new campaign. You start with the Argo, a lance of light mechs, and some rookie mechwarriors. There are no campaign missions, difficulty is fixed for each planet, and there is a scoring system. Flashpoints will start appearing immediately in Career mode, but they may be too difficult for your starting lance.

It's been about 8 hours since I've had flashpoint installed and my Battletech game will not start I've been trying to get help from steam and don't seem to find any, now I'm here hopinh some one can help. I've put in over 600 hours into this game and have to say I'm very dissapointed, I've spent a lot of money on kickstarter for this game and can't understand why when there is an upgrade things just go wrong. 'm not PC savy and sometimes things are hard to understand. I just don't think one should have to unstall their game and reinstall it to get it to work!!!
You should post a detailed description of what is going wrong in the bug reports subforum: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/battletech-bug-reports.998/
What specifically is going wrong? Will the game not load at all? Will it load but any save games you try to load cause an infinite loading screen? Have you modded the game at all? You will probably want to attach your output_log to the bug report.

Yes, Flashpoints should start showing up after you load a completed Restoration campaign game. Career mode is a new campaign. You start with the Argo, a lance of light mechs, and some rookie mechwarriors. There are no campaign missions, difficulty is fixed for each planet, and there is a scoring system. Flashpoints will start appearing immediately in Career mode, but they may be too difficult for your starting lance.

Thanks. I restarted my BT app this morning and saw the upgrade happen. I re-skilled my campaign pilots with the reimbursed XP and am looking forward to continuing my campaign with that company but will also start a new Career mode company. I assume I can run both the old company in Campaign mode as well as the new company in Career mode, choosing which to run when bringing up the game and getting the mode option? I.e. if I rev up the game and choose Campaign I'll get my last saved game under that mode and if I choose Career I'll get the last saved game under that option.

Thanks. I restarted my BT app this morning and saw the upgrade happen. I re-skilled my campaign pilots with the reimbursed XP and am looking forward to continuing my campaign with that company but will also start a new Career mode company. I assume I can run both the old company in Campaign mode as well as the new company in Career mode, choosing which to run when bringing up the game and getting the mode option? I.e. if I rev up the game and choose Campaign I'll get my last saved game under that mode and if I choose Career I'll get the last saved game under that option.
Yep. They are separate options with separate saves. If you select to continue a Career mode game you will get your most recent Career mode save.

You should post a detailed description of what is going wrong in the bug reports subforum: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/battletech-bug-reports.998/
What specifically is going wrong? Will the game not load at all? Will it load but any save games you try to load cause an infinite loading screen? Have you modded the game at all? You will probably want to attach your output_log to the bug report.
I fannally got it started.
thank you for your reply

I never really found myself “grinding” and “getting ready for campaign missions”
They were just attempted a little after they popped up or when my mechwarriors were healed up.

If anything career mode might see more time wasted traveling further to make contracts or get to particular IS systems with high level loot.
In Career Mode if I ever get to the point where my two Atlases and two King Crabs are just cranking out Cbills like contracts against House Davion are like my own personal ATM... yeah, I’ll take that for the rest of my 1200-Career Mode Days! That’ll do me just fine! : )

BATTLETECH Time Space Mechanics are exceptionally friendly to BATTLETECH gamers. You can go from one end of the BATTLETECH map to the other in just over 20 days or so. So yes, it will take some time, but even if a FLASHPOINT is in the final month of its viability, you should be able to get to it, in my experience anyways. :bow:

It will go back in the "deck" to be found again.
True, but do we know if an expired 3-Skull FLASHPOINT will gain in Skull-value when it is drawn later in the Career Mode Attempt?

Has anyone seen this happen in their own Career Mode Attempts?