• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wouldn't be so sure. HBS has already taken extensive liberties with established canon. Introducing the ER Medium into the Succession Wars would simply be another modification. We already have an hither-to unknown Periphery power oozing with King Crabs, Highlanders, and Black Knights. Not to mention the incredible Castle Brian cache that we simply blow up. Atlas II anyone? An ER Medium, sure, why not. I don't read that as the Clans are coming.

This is my assumption too. "Sure it never appeared during the Star League era, but they did experiment on making them prior the Amaris Coup/never left the proto type phase/blah blah"

...This Livestream that is mentioned...
Anyone know where and when?
For that information, maybe we'll be hearing from Mitch and maybe Mitch will even be participating in the livestream!?

#allaboutTHEmitch

@Sigil @CycKath

I don't like the current liberties taken with the lore, and I would be alienated by taking further liberties on so little pretext.

These little quirks are a feature of a lore heavy IP! They shouldn't be suppressed.

@Sigil @CycKath

I don't like the current liberties taken with the lore, and I would be alienated by taking further liberties on so little pretext.

These little quirks are a feature of a lore heavy IP! They shouldn't be suppressed.
Pretty sure that, while they are in the files, ER mediums were are not enabled, yes?

@Sigil @CycKath

Don't judge the finished product by the WIP details, they likely have a very long list of weapons in a balancing file and will be cut out before release...

@Timaeus They are not enabled in the current build. The screenshot in the Dev Diary however suggests that they are on the list of "lostech" which will become available in update 1.3 in shops / as Flashpoint rewards.

@Zarax999 I strongly hope, & indeed assume, it is just an error which will be fixed before the release of 1.3.

@Timaeus They are not enabled in the current build. The screenshot in the Dev Diary however suggests that they are on the list of "lostech" which will become available in update 1.3 in shops / as Flashpoint rewards.
Does it though? I mean if it's in the table, but still blacklisted from sale, is it really available? hmm...

Does it though? I mean if it's in the table, but still blacklisted from sale, is it really available? hmm...

Well, that is what I hope happens, but presumably it will need to be consciously done (as the Dev Diary states it's currently on a weapons table which will no longer be blacklisted post 1.3).

Well, that is what I hope happens, but presumably it will need to be consciously done (as the Dev Diary states it's currently on a weapons table which will no longer be blacklisted post 1.3).
They have mentioned multiple times since the kickstarter that their spreadsheet lists have data from most eras. Modders can tell you about all the stuff in the jsons too thats not in the game for example.
It makes sense to include more than 3025 tech when uploading/entering data from one list to another for efficiency at least rather than going back and adding it later(and worse, checking to see what still needs to be added to all the many lists)

This is much ado about nothing imho.

Thanks for the Dev diary, very interesting. @HBS_Kiva, I would have 2 questions (one on the new shop system and one for the flashpoint system).

Regarding the shop system, how often are the contents of a planet's shop re-rolled? After a set amount of time? Or at every new visit?

Regarding the flashpoint system, you mention the following regarding its rewards:

You won’t know what you’re going to get in advance; in this example, you might be told that you’ll get “Rare ‘Mech Parts”, but otherwise the specifics of the reward aren’t known, and will be different each time you play the Flash point.

Based on the bolded sentence, I have the impression that you will be able to play the same flashpoint multiple times through the same playthrough - is my understanding correct or not?

Thanks!

Still haven't fixed that Black Knight designation error, huh? :p

I like the idea of making each planet feel a bit more handcrafted while still keeping the interesting aspects of the RNG. Good stuff there. It'll feel weird having people just hand over lostech, though.

This is much ado about nothing imho.

Well, no. The Dev Diary gives a table of Lostech which it suggests will become available in shops etc in update 1.3. One item on that table isn't Lostech, so there is an apparent continuity issue.

That doesn't mean said continuity issue will end up in Update 1.3. But things can't get fixed unless they are pointed out, so making some noise about it seems appropriate.

Worth saying good design future proofs. That means the table will probably include all the tech that might eventually turn up, especially stuff that's a relatively short jump of the timeline away. No coder, but my impression is it's easier to include but disable than jury rig infrastructure piecemeal as it's needed, especially when you're committed to a long tail of development.

giphy.gif

I have always felt like the shops and planets are one of the very weakest parts of the base game.

So this revision will be really awesome. I would love for 50% of what I need to come from the shop/market(s) and 50% to come from the battlefield. But at the moment, it's more like 5%/95% with 95% being salvage. This will be great to redress that balance :).

Very much looking forward to this!

Yeah, I've always felt that the salvage mechanic was a bit off. I can certainly see it from a game play point of view. It's just from a lore standpoint, a small periphery Merc unit that is overflowing with Mech parts and weapons just doesn't feel right.

As for campaign players who ignore "the sandbox", are the story missions gated by your MRB rating or something? Kamara shouldn't offer the player a mission they are not equipped for...

#WAAAAAAARRIORS!