• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Coolant Vent ist still a gimmicky replacement for the alternative of a *proper* juggernaut but yeah, in 1.3 it's at least not injuring pilots anymore...

What would you consider a "proper" juggernaut? Clearly the old Juggernaut wasn't considered good since it was removed. So, out of curiosity, what would you have wanted a "proper" juggernaut to do since:
  • You can't actually move a mech from its map location (i.e. push it)
  • The old juggernaut was basically pointless unless you rushed the Guts skill tree to get it well before you ran into full assault companies.
Inquiring minds want to know.

While I don't often post, I've lurked around enough to know that a lot of the driver for these changes came from the notorious 'loudest voices' which populate all internet forums, it seems unfortunate that HBS have not learned that you don't listen to them without an entire truck full of skepticism if you want to maintain healthy game balance.

[self edit: saving the mods some time]

Try participating in a constructive and thoughtout fashion if you feel HBS is taking bad ideas. If you don't participate in the conversation, you have no power over the direction it goes. Don't try to blame people who are actually participating in shaping the game just because you don't like direction it's going. As someone that is a prolific voice in this forum, I try as hard as heck to be constructive in my feedback because I know that says "this sucks" is meaningless if you don't say why you feel it sucks and what you feel would make it suck less.

Greetings Mechwarriors,

Please post topically towards discussion rather than personally AT others.

Please post with civility and respect even and especially in critique and disagreement.

Please remember to agree to disagree.

Posts choosing to disregard this advice risk unfortunate jump drive malfunctions, landing in the Far Country to be used as nesting materials by the locals.
1ff91626c8f40bc7879679a7af86a2e12f9380686c9187db5e3158ded0420552u777.png

Thank you.

@HBS_Kiva, it has indeed been a wild, interesting and fun Ability Revision Journey. : )

Thank you for inviting us along, listening to our suggestions and delivering a tremendous improvement to the BATTLETECH experience. I am enjoying the Final Ability Revision results both in Career Mode and in Multiplayer.

Thanks again. :bow:

Wait, what???

Are you still on the beta branch?

The released version of Coolant Vent in 1.3 does not injure your pilot... it was re-done because of the feedback from the beta.

Ah, you got me. Been having issues with my GoG connection and it looks like updates were getting stuck, my fault for not checking. Well, that's a positive change, Time for more testing.

What would you consider a "proper" juggernaut? Clearly the old Juggernaut wasn't considered good since it was removed. So, out of curiosity, what would you have wanted a "proper" juggernaut to do since:
  • You can't actually move a mech from its map location (i.e. push it)
  • The old juggernaut was basically pointless unless you rushed the Guts skill tree to get it well before you ran into full assault companies.
Inquiring minds want to know.

This: [mod edit: link removed] /MightyChargingJuggernaut

Last edited by a moderator:
Sry for posting directly... Somewhere there is a mod that mostly represents what i consider to be a "proper" juggernaut:
  • Juggernauts can CHARGE into other mechs (and ONLY mechs) at sprint range.
    • This will be handled like a sprint regarding instability reduction (none)
    • It will cause additonal stability damage to the target
    • Movement to target will not decelerate at the end
    • It will ALWAYS use the "Charge" melee animation
  • Juggernauts gain GUARDED state after making regular melee attacks.
    • Instability reduction from standing/walking is applied
    • Instability reduction from bracing is supressed
Best regards

Sry for posting directly... Somewhere there is a mod that mostly represents what i consider to be a "proper" juggernaut:
  • Juggernauts can CHARGE into other mechs (and ONLY mechs) at sprint range.
    • This will be handled like a sprint regarding instability reduction (none)
    • It will cause additonal stability damage to the target
    • Movement to target will not decelerate at the end
    • It will ALWAYS use the "Charge" melee animation
  • Juggernauts gain GUARDED state after making regular melee attacks.
    • Instability reduction from standing/walking is applied
    • Instability reduction from bracing is supressed
Best regards

That definitely makes for an interesting juggernaut ability. Maybe it will be considered if abilities get revised again.