[Dev Team] Soundtrack DLC updated with the new Heirs of Alexander tracks

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jamor

PDS Producer
78 Badges
Mar 7, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
Hi all, Jamor here with a quick update: while we continue work on post launch support, we have now updated the soundtrack DLC with the three new tracks that came with Heirs of Alexander. The flac and mp3 files should be in the game/dlc/dlc004_sound/Heirs of Alexander folder for all soundtrack owners shortly. Sorry for the delay there, busy days following the release. Hope you enjoy them.

• 36Like
  • 6Love
Reactions:
Hi all, Jamor here with a quick update: while we continue work on post launch support, we have now updated the soundtrack DLC with the three new tracks that came with Heirs of Alexander. The flac and mp3 files should be in the game/dlc/dlc004_sound/Heirs of Alexander folder for all soundtrack owners shortly. Sorry for the delay there, busy days following the release. Hope you enjoy them.
But that doesn't fix the three tracks are missing ingame or I'm am wrong on that? It just added the three tracks for the soundtrack DLC owners as flac and mp 3 files?

There are many reports in the bug forum (one from me including), because the three new tracks don't get played since 2.01 - even for DLC owners. But if it gets fixed with 2.02 I'm fine either!

• 1Like
Reactions:
But that doesn't fix the three tracks are missing ingame or I'm am wrong on that? It just added the three tracks for the soundtrack DLC owners as flac and mp 3 files?

There are many reports in the bug forum (one from me including), because the three new tracks don't get played since 2.01 - even for DLC owners. But if it gets fixed with 2.02 I'm fine either!
We're tracking that issue, it's a faulty DLC ownership check. Will get a fix out for it in a future patch.

• 3Like
Reactions:
All IR music is packed into the bank files, so you won't find them available as flac/mp3 files within the game folder.

To get access to them you will have to unpack the bank files.

The three tracks fra the latest dlc were previously available, but for some reason there were packed together with all the base game tracks in the main bank file.

Now I guess they just moved them to a seperate bank file in the respective dlc folder.

@Jamor, I actually have one question regarding these dlc tracks that maybe you might be able to help me with.

I created a music mod for I:R that I posted recently on the workshop that replaces the I:R music with some custom music.

The main reason I wanted to replace it is that your tracks, for some reason, are significantly more quite than any other music that one adds on top of it, so they just don't play well together with the custom music.

The only problem I encountered is that while I managed to replace all the tracks from the main bank file by unpacking and then recompiling it, that method doesn't seem to work for the dlc banks. I made sure to keep the same folder structure, etc. and the banks recompiled successfully with the custom music, but once I put it in the mod the I:R music from the dlcs still plays instead of my custom tracks.

Do you, by any chance, know why? Any tips would be very much appreciated.

Reactions:
You can find the individual files in the ImperatorRome\game\dlc\dlc004_sound folder.
But maybe it is limited to the deluxe edition?
I don't actually see that folder even though I do own all dlcs.

I didn't preorder the game, but then I bought the Epirus pack later.

For me each dlc containing music tracks has its own bank file.

Now I actually checked on how the folder structure looks like after today's update and I still can't see the diadochi dlc having its own bank file.

So it looks like those tracks are still within the main bank file.

Will these songs also play when I'm playing with a no-Diadochi? I have dlc but I would like to hear them when I am playing with other countries
I asked this question because even though I had all the dlc I never noticed the dlcs songs playing. :(

You can find the individual files in the ImperatorRome\game\dlc\dlc004_sound folder.
But maybe it is limited to the deluxe edition?
That folder is related to the soundtrack DLC. I.e. the DLC which got fixed.

Thank you so much. The new tracks are utterly amazing, so beautiful. Haven't heard them in the game yet even after 40 hours post-patch, but just listening to "Moment of the Battle" in the Steam music player makes the Imperator map appear before my eyes. :D

EDIT: By the way, since the new patch/music download, the new songs now also play in the game for me. :cool:

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: