[Dev Team] 3.4.2 'Cepheus' Patch Released (checksum 7836)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Major exploit: You can peacefully vassalize any empire, no matter how powerful
Still not sure if this is an exploit. If the other empire likes you and your offer is worth it why not?

And If the calculation should compare power (what i don't think is right) like you say, then it's most likely a matter of intel. If the other empire don't know your fleetpower it will always assume you're stronger. That's the same with war or other actions based on intel. As soon the target is a vassal it has enough intel to know your real strenght and that loweres any acceptance and as well the the loyality will most likely go to the bottom.
This would still mean it's not an exploit but some kind of deception. If thats right, it would be very cool!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Major exploit: You can peacefully vassalize any empire, no matter how powerful. The relative power modifier doesn't apply to initial negotiations, only re-negotiated deals. Meaning every empire will accept any deal that isn't too punishing for them.

A friend playing the Lost Colony start vassalized the advanced AI empire that Origin spawns with less than 10 years into the game. Pretty hilarious.
Well, if you offered to me to become vassal, with free diplomacy, to enter any of my war but Noone of yours, with no tax or holding, shared info and prohibited annexation, I may actually think about it too, if I've no friends around.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's good that new portraits appeared, the artist did a good job (special thanks for the art), but please return the old ones as an option. It seems to me that they have become monotonous and do not fit all empires. They are good for monarchs, but not for workers or scientists. This reduces the ability to customize races and RP.

• 1Like
Reactions:
With the End of the Cycle being mentioned, does anyone know if it works correctly in the current version? I heard it's been bugged for a long time, just like how hostile Psionic Entities in general don't do anything (See: The shroud incursion events at late stages of Become the Crisis, which are totally ineffectual other than as extra defense if someone else tries to attack the systems they spawn in...)

It is working, BUT avatar manifestations and the end of cycle entity is just pure CRAP. There is no threat at the moment with them. They are completely outdated in term of power and stats.

And :
2 = {
modifier = {
factor = 5
any_country = {
NOT = { is_same_value = ROOT }
has_crisis_level = crisis_level_5 # Someone wants to destroy the galaxy? Let's give them a challenge.
}
}
if = {
limit = {
NOT = { has_global_flag = end_of_the_cycle }
}
country_event = { id = utopia.3308 } # The End of the Cycle - extremely rare
}
else = {
random_list = {
25 = { country_event = { id = utopia.3304 } } # The Whisperers in the Void
25 = { country_event = { id = utopia.3305 } } # The Composer of Strands
25 = { country_event = { id = utopia.3306 } } # The Eater of Worlds
25 = { country_event = { id = utopia.3307 } } # The Instrument of Desire
}
}
}

To spawn the end of cycle when there is a crisis level 5 (a very end game thing very powerful at this stage...) you have 10 out maximum 110 chances (25 per covenant) because other covenants have also positive modifiers in function of your empire (so it can be 10 out of 122 or more).

Even with the modification you will never see the end of cycle which is sad. A good idea at the beginning but at the end... Well.

A more useful idea on this should be to ALWAYS have the possibility to choose the End of Cycle when there is a level 5 crisis. It is not like it is a win button with the drawback...

Reactions:
I feel that if a Protectorate becomes technologically advanced enough to turn into a Vassal then that shouldn't count as if you had modified their contract and reset the timer. I have two nearby protectorates i was raising to turn into a scholaria and a bulwark, but i simply couldn't because whenever they caught up to me technologically-speaking i'd finish researching something while waiting for the contract cooldown to wear off so they went back to being protectorates again, which caused a self-perpetuating cycle of going back and forth between being a regular vassal and a protectorate while i couldn't do anything about it.
At this point i decided to give em 30% of my monthly research and i'm not even sure if that'll be enough, and i'm considering changing our contract again to give em even more science even if that ends crippling my tech output for a while since i'm basically at my wit's end at this point.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Still not sure if this is an exploit. If the other empire likes you and your offer is worth it why not?

And If the calculation should compare power (what i don't think is right) like you say, then it's most likely a matter of intel. If the other empire don't know your fleetpower it will always assume you're stronger. That's the same with war or other actions based on intel. As soon the target is a vassal it has enough intel to know your real strenght and that loweres any acceptance and as well the the loyality will most likely go to the bottom.
This would still mean it's not an exploit but some kind of deception. If thats right, it would be very cool!
If the person you sneaky vassalise is strong than you, they immediatly get a massive oppinion penalty up to -1000 based of overlord strenght to vassals. This cause the vassal to have -10 loyalty a month since and empires opinion/10 is added on the monthly loyalty changes. This makes vassaling a powerful ai a very temporary measure as while you get a 10 year truce when that end's their liable to try and break free potentially, as there is no feasible way to offset the -10 monthly loyalty as even loyalty increasing holding only get to around +2 and your capped at one to be able to vassalise anyway.

Well, if you offered to me to become vassal, with free diplomacy, to enter any of my war but Noone of yours, with no tax or holding, shared info and prohibited annexation, I may actually think about it too, if I've no friends around.
It's very, VERY obviously a bug and has been registered as such. You can make everyone you meet your vassals with terms that, while lenient, still benefit you. Such as making everyone pay you Influence every time they expand. Without the relative power modifier - which is the MAIN factor in whether an AI should accept vassalization or not - getting the acceptance to be positive is super easy. The game is braindead like this.

I had the meteorite event today and my fleet was 3 systems away. That rock hit my planet in no time my ships had no chance getting there.

Is this a bug or by design to make the meteorite more threatening? Because now it sure is!

Reactions:
I had the meteorite event today and my fleet was 3 systems away. That rock hit my planet in no time my ships had no chance getting there.

Is this a bug or by design to make the meteorite more threatening? Because now it sure is!
i 'm forgetting now. i know they did something to the meteorite event .

but , i think the main factor is if the planet is enought close to the starbase of the system or not. because when it is in fight it move quite slowly and get rockets on , but if the planet is too far it will hit in like 1 month .

Reactions:
i 'm forgetting now. i know they did something to the meteorite event .

but , i think the main factor is if the planet is enought close to the starbase of the system or not. because when it is in fight it move quite slowly and get rockets on , but if the planet is too far it will hit in like 1 month .
It's quite frustrating since you almost never have enough time to respond nowdays unless the starbase manages to take care of it.

Usually means a colony ship down the drain, plus however many poops, unless you park a fleet nearby whenever you colonise a new planet.

It's quite frustrating since you almost never have enough time to respond nowdays unless the starbase manages to take care of it.

Usually means a colony ship down the drain, plus however many poops, unless you park a fleet nearby whenever you colonise a new planet.

my suggestion is exatly to have a corvet ( or a fleet if you don't care about the increased upkeep) parket around new colonies anytime you start one.

this is only for early game , if you are in lategame and spamming colonizations , it realy mean nothing to lose an early colony .

my suggestion is exatly to have a corvet ( or a fleet if you don't care about the increased upkeep) parket around new colonies anytime you start one.

this is only for early game , if you are in lategame and spamming colonizations , it realy mean nothing to lose an early colony .
I've actually had success using a single army transport! As long as you can engage the meteor in combat with anything it practically stops moving, so telling an army to attack it buys plenty of time for nearby fleets to get there. Also, this is only necessary for colonies that are out of range of your starbase - I haven't tested this but I think a single hangar bay should also be able to take care of it.

Anyone else having recurring problems with the music getting stuck looping the same ~1s indefinitely (until you manually change songs)? Happened to me at least five times now.

I mean, it's not that it's hard to deal with, but the problem is unless you have something guarding your colony from the start you're too slow to respond even if you try sending forces immediately if you forgot to already have a fleet parked there, or worse one spawning late after already having moved your guards elsewhere.

Can I just state my disappointment in this DLC. I was expecting the vassal changes to make the game more enjoyable but now it has ruined one of my favorite empires where I turn the galaxy into my vassals because I do not get to set terms when I win my war goals.

When a player achieves their war goals and the other empire submits the winning empire should be able to set any agreement they want. Yet when I click negotiate with my new vassal it costs a lot of influence and that assumes they even want to. The amount of influence to force an agreement is completely unrelated to their size... the costs appear fixed by category... so a one system empire is costing me as much as the three colony empire that is bigger to change the same setting.

Reactions:
Can I just state my disappointment in this DLC. I was expecting the vassal changes to make the game more enjoyable but now it has ruined one of my favorite empires where I turn the galaxy into my vassals because I do not get to set terms when I win my war goals.

When a player achieves their war goals and the other empire submits the winning empire should be able to set any agreement they want. Yet when I click negotiate with my new vassal it costs a lot of influence and that assumes they even want to. The amount of influence to force an agreement is completely unrelated to their size... the costs appear fixed by category... so a one system empire is costing me as much as the three colony empire that is bigger to change the same setting.

while i can't realy fix it for you , as its just about the initial set of the contracts , there is a policy to have a standard set of the contract .

Subjugation War Terms​

you should look out for it

i just suggest to start a war to make them tributary generaly, as you can't realy aim for more than that. (edit: its easyer for them to accept a very different contract if you remove the resources tax and switching them to normal vassals afterwards )

They are tweaking it a little to make it easier to get them to take roles on that is against their civics. It's really annoying when the galaxy fills up with militants or you make vassals out of an empire that match your civics and now no one wants to dig for shinny rocks.