[Dev Team] 3.3.3 Patch Released (checksum e135)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Devs are working into this, but for now you can fix it by replacing the .exe file by the 3.3.2 exe files (changes still here without lag)
Confirming that swapping out just the primary .exe works. Loading a 3.3.3 save game in a 3.3.3-script-files-but-3.3.2-exe will throw little complaint icons but still works ("resume" from launcher will fail, but loading inside the game is okay).

If it's not already clear how to do this: switch to the 3.3.2 rollback branch, copy that .exe out, switch back to main branch, copy file over.

Last edited:
Hmm... not sure if its a bug, but in a 100% Vanilla game, I get major lags on Day 30 > Day 1 of next month. Did not happen in 3.2.
I got hit by the same issue, tho rolling back to 3.3.2 fixes it. I'm wondering if this is only happening on existing game started prior to the update, or games started after the update also have this issue?

I haven't had this issue pop up running on mac yet. Might be a bad build of the actual exe for windows. Maybe they forgot to turn off the debug symbols while compiling?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Y'all omited this ;)
Lol i'm surprised they didnt edit it back in at all.
1647440708926.png

Looks like 5 origins (that will all feature situations to some degree, maybe??)
  1. starting as a disloyal vassal and trying to break free? / starting with disloyal vassals and keeping them in check?
    1. maybe differentiated from hegemony, further, by the client/parent state(s) being the same species, rather than random aliens.
  2. something psychic (like start with a chosen one leader and fast-track your species' psi-potential)
  3. looks like a crosshair - makes me think this thing is a galaxy gun that can hit other star systems(based on the trend of optional big-ass things in expansions) - start on a world targeted by some far off mega-weapon, a bit like doomsday (with a situation tracking the firing time, or used to pick targets if owner?), but avertable if you destroy it in time.
  4. start as a subterranean society - maybe with aquatic-like mechanics to hollow out worlds or something.
  5. not sure...
    1. overpopulation? (start with tonnes of pops - but they're all barren, or it requires fanatic pacifist or something that makes getting even more at least a little bit of effort)
    2. A latent hive mind? (individualistic pops that hive-up over time?)
    3. The cut origin where you get a bunch of different escaped slave species at the start?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
View attachment 819122
  1. starting as a disloyal vassal and trying to break free? / starting with disloyal vassals and keeping them in check?
    1. maybe differentiated from hegemony, further, by the client/parent state(s) being the same species, rather than random aliens.
  2. something psychic (like start with a chosen one leader and fast-track your species' psi-potential)
  3. looks like a crosshair - makes me think this thing is a galaxy gun that can hit other star systems(based on the trend of optional big-ass things in expansions) - start on a world targeted by some far off mega-weapon, a bit like doomsday (with a situation tracking the firing time, or used to pick targets if owner?), but avertable if you destroy it in time.
  4. start as a subterranean society - maybe with aquatic-like mechanics to hollow out worlds or something.
  5. not sure...
    1. overpopulation? (start with tonnes of pops - but they're all barren, or it requires fanatic pacifist or something that makes getting even more at least a little bit of effort)
    3. The cut origin where you get a bunch of different escaped slave species at the start?
I think 3 is more likely to be an alien invasion origin, a la Independence Day or Stellaris Invicta’s Greater Terran Union.

• 1Like
Reactions:
View attachment 819122
  5. not sure...
Interestingly one, but only one, of these is an existing unused origin icon.

1. Definitely a subject, although the lifted arm makes it more similar to the tributary icon than the vassal one. The big problem with starting as a vassal is that you can't expand (unless your overlord has the Feudal Empire civic).

2. I'd expect starting with a chosen one leader to use the existing unused "origins_messiah_cult" icon, or maybe "origins_shroud_touched":
origins_messiah_cult.png
origins_shroud_touched.png

What I think this looks like is the icon for the Mind and Body Harmony tradition / Unity of Self Synchronicity tradition:
Tradition_harmony_mind_and_body.png

Common Ground / Hegemon are precedent for starting with a tradition, after all.

4. This icon has existed in the unused origin icons folder for a while - it's named "origins_subterranean" so this guess is probably spot on!

5. Interesting that this isn't "origins_unwashed_masses.dds" which has a very similar appearance.
origins_unwashed_masses.png

Looks kind of like the icons for democratic or oligarchic authority, although I'm not sure what that would entail. Also kind of like the faction support icon.

5.3. The escaped slaves origin already has a different existing unused icon, so I don't think that's it.
origins_escaped_slaves.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
Glad to see these fixes!
Embracing a Faction now costs Unity rather than Influence.
Do you know the rational for why embracing a faction has a fixed unity cost, rather than scaling with empire size (likewise for emergency election and election votes)? This means that large empires, generating more gross unity, have an easier time embracing a faction, compared to small empires.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Do you know the rational for why embracing a faction has a flat unity cost, rather than scaling with empire size (likewise for emergency election and election votes)? This means that large empires, generating more gross unity, have an easier time embracing a faction, compared to small empires.
I was wondering the same thing actually, especially since the cost to reform your government does scale now that costs unity instead of influence.

I think ideally I'd want it to scale relative to empire size minus faction size, so that larger factions cost less unity to embrace.

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing actually, especially the cost to reform your government does scale now that costs unity instead of influence.

I think ideally I'd want it to scale relative to empire size minus faction size, so that larger factions cost less unity to embrace.

I do think a lot of the major balance changes have been saved for 3.4. This is a good point, and I will forward it to the team when the opportunity arises. #nopromises as always. :)

• 3Like
Reactions:
Found another potential bug in this patch. Espionage missions, at least acquiring assets don't ever complete.

You "finish" the mission, but never receive the new asset with successful missions and any assigned assets never return to the asset pool after the mission. Just sort of stuck in limbo.

Reactions:
Found another potential bug in this patch. Espionage missions, at least acquiring assets don't ever complete.

You "finish" the mission, but never receive the new asset with successful missions and any assigned assets never return to the asset pool after the mission. Just sort of stuck in limbo.
Report it (with a save) on the bug report section of the forums. That sounds hugely gamebreaking... if espionage was ever actually useful lmao

Here's a more detailed breakdown of the player-facing changes, for anyone who's interested:

Planetary Ascension
  • Scaling cost factor based on empire size doubled from 5 to 10
  • Scaling cost factor based on empire's total ascension tiers -76%, from 2.5 to 0.6
Buildings and jobs
  • Reassembled Ship Shelter amenity production increased from 3 to 7, Colonist amenity production decreased from 5 to 3.
    • This is the same total amenities, but makes one of the least useful jobs even worse.
    • Your capital building now loses 2 amenities when you upgrade it from a Reassembled Ship Shelter to Planetary Administration.
  • Death Priest unity production now doubles from 3 to 6 while a sacrifice edict is active.
  • (Bugfix) Death Chroniclers and Chronicle Drones now produce 2amenities.
    • Chronicle Drones still have a few bugs related to amenity output traits: The Domestic Protocols, Charismatic, and Repugnant traits change their planet_amenities_add (non-gestalt amenities) value instead of planet_amenities_no_happiness_add (gestalt amenities), the Emotion Emulators and Uncanny traits don't effect their amenity output at all, and the Domestic Protocols, Emotion Emulators, and Uncanny traits still have no effect on job weight.
  • (Bugfix) Galactic Memorial now produces 3 unity per ascension perk instead of 2, bringing it up to par with the other tier 3 unity monument buildings.
Factions
  • Cost to embrace a faction changed from 500 influence to 5,000 unity
  • Approval penalty for embracing another faction +75%, from -20 to -35
  • Approval penalty for suppressing a faction +150%, from -20 to -50
Edicts
  • Fortify the Border no longer increases empire size from systems by +10%
  • Nutritional Plenitude and Expanded Breeding Program no longer increases empire size from pops by +10%

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman.

Reactions: