[Dev Team] 3.0.3 Patch Released (Checksum d281)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This will most likely be the last patch we release for 3.0 and we'd like to thank all of you for the feedback you've given us and we hope that the changes that we've made reflect our determination to make Stellaris the best game it can be, for everyone!
Thanks for the update. Is there still the possibility of incremental AI and bugfix patches? Obviously these would be on a much smaller scale.

The AI struggling with research is a highlighted issue we're still working on. So we're shoring up it's ability to maintain its basic economy so it's got a firmer base to work with when it comes to research.

Work continues, we just didn't find a robust solution to boost its research in time for this patch.

You can be frustrated, but the job isn't half baked. AI work is just incremental by nature.

If this means the economic plans in this release are unchanged from the beta, that's incredibly disappointing. It's possible the AI 'improvements' in 3.0.3 have helped the Ensign AI deathspiral its economy less often, but in return the game has become far easier across all difficulty levels. At least previously the AIs that succeeded were actually able to research things. Now the AI falls behind the player in tech almost immediately, even on GA.

I appreciate that you let us know that there's unlikely to be a new patch anytime soon, though. That makes decisions about starting modded multiplayer games a lot easier.

Reactions:
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
I am surprised to see the growth sliders actually make it into a live patch.. That screamed beta feature to me.

I'm assuming this means that some significant changes must be planned for 3.1 with respect to the economy, growth, and AI.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Changes from Beta 3.0.3, in case anyone else wondering. Done by comparing changelogs

# Performance and Stability
* Slightly reduced the performance burden of the auto-migration system.
* Fixed crash on sector colony development update.

# AI
Script
* Fixed case where AI logic was countering itself. This also solves the single largest AI performance drain

# Bugfixes
* Corrected opinion text placement in the Declare War view.
* The Manifesti faction should no longer reform after it has disbanded, either through suppression or lack of popularity.
* Fixed the Research Institute building not properly converting to Planetary Supercomputer when conquered by Gestalt empires, and vice versa.
* Fixed auto-resettlement for Void Dweller habitats and certain other planets (needs a new save, though).
* Fixed an issue where Branch Office value tooltips could be displayed based on the wrong Branch Office owner.
* Branch Office value generated from Criminal jobs for Criminal Syndicates is now properly shown in the tooltip for Branch Office value.
* Fix for planetary designation icons being offset.

• 3Love
Reactions:
So, while I agree that Robots should be able to have this trait as soon as they can add traits, this further pushes Synths in a far superior tier to anything else. Especially because Robot Workers are far, far, far easier to unlock than, Cloning Vats. I don't know, Cloning Vats no longer require super duper high upkeep? Cloning Vats unlocked with Gene Clinics. Something.
While you can get robots fairly early, they cost alloys and jobs to make. (and they can only work simple jobs)
A few year later you could get Clone Vats instead, getting fully fledged pops that are also already modified to be amazing. Those 30 food is only 1.5-1 farmer job.
And you can finish the bio ascension quite a bit earlier because of the lower tech requirements.

patch notes make it appear that this is very, very similar to the latest beta.

gonna be super disappointed if they didn't take any action on the several pages of feedback about how the economic AI is still horribly busted. come on PDX, what's the point of having megathreads unless they're acted upon in detail before releasing the patch?

now 3.0 gets abandoned and they move on to the next broken DLC they can sell us

• 1Like
Reactions:
Could we get a system where minor relics are bought/tradeable? sometimes RNjesus doesn't give you minor relics via dig sites for major relic secret - or just none at all and makes Rubricator essential?, Maybe a trade deal or something with trader enclaves?. Please correct me if this already exists I just haven't seen it so apologies first up.

• 5Like
Reactions:
* Manufacturing focus buildings (factories and foundries) are no longer exclusive from one another, and no longer add jobs to Industrial Districts. They instead increase the base production of alloy or consumer goods producing jobs by 1 or 2, with a corresponding increase in upkeep.
* Buildings that increased basic resource production and added jobs to basic resource producing buildings or districts (Energy Grids, Mineral Purification Plants, etc.) now increase the base production of the relevant jobs by 1 or 2 based on tier instead of their previous modifiers. Machine empires still gain the extra resource district slots as before. Yes, things like "livestock" counts as a "relevant job".
This is the part I do not like nor agree with. The previous system was much better IMHO.

Please make it an option so players can choose which system they want to use.

Reactions:
gonna be super disappointed if they didn't take any action on the several pages of feedback about how the economic AI is still horribly busted. come on PDX, what's the point of having megathreads unless they're acted upon in detail before releasing the patch?
We're using that info, but we can't sit on the patch forever. Work on the AI continues.
3.0 is not being abandoned, we're just saying "Hey, no more patches in this particular run for a bit" We don't have a timetable that we can communicate to you just yet. But we have plans.

• 19Like
Reactions:
patch notes make it appear that this is very, very similar to the latest beta.

Agreed, seems pointless to spend time running games in observer mode to highlight AI shortcomings with save games, when there is no action on said reports during a beta.

Just like War Never Changes in Fallout, PDS testing and patching doesn't seem to either, no matter the feedback, poor reviews or declining revenue. ‍

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Agreed, seems pointless to spend time running games in observer mode to highlight AI shortcomings with save games, when there is no action on said reports during a beta.
The information provided has been and is still being used :) but it's a big task and work is ongoing.
declining revenue. ‍♂️
I find it intensely amusing that this keeps being brought up when the last quarterly report was for a quarter that didn't have many releases in it (Nemesis was Q2 not Q1)

• 14Like
Reactions:
Anyone ever see that show Cowboy Builders where a little bald English man chased after builders who carried out poor quality work and tried to hold them accountable? The games industry needs that guy, I am thinking the show would be called "Cowboy Developers", pretty original name I reckon.

Reactions: